AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Animes that parody stuff

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2020 09:47 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Animes that parody stuff

So what parodies have you seen in anime?

My Bride is a Mermaid parodies Terminator

Desert Punk did a lot of posters

FLCL did South Park

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7455684/1/MLPFIM-First-Aid

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2020 07:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

Default Re: Animes that parody stuff

I talk about Yakitate!! Japan a lot, as it's one of my favorite animes that I feel is super underrated, but, I don't think I've mentioned before, that they do a LOT of parodies. The bread they eat give people "Reactions" and some of them are flat out parodies of other animes:

Naruto:

Detective Conan (Short clip, was at least half of the ep)

And even the Japanese Pepsi mascot, Pepsiman

I'm sure there were others too, but I haven't sat and watched it in a while.

Another one that comes to mind is Space Dandy. Besides the whole show being a parody on Cowboy Bebop (I mean, not officially, but that's basically what it is.) There are a few times they parody different genres. But the biggest thing that comes to mind is the first ep of season 2, they keep pulling cosmic strings which pull them into other dimensions, and they find different versions of themselves. While there are many parodies of different things in that episode, the biggest and most obvious Parody was of The Big Bang Theory, even poking fun at "Schrodinger Cat".

I can't find a clip of that one. But it's really obvious.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2020 12:15 AM
    Threads

All of FLCL was a parody. Of course I am talking about the original and not the sorry-a** FLCL Progressive and FLCL Alternative.

I never considered Space Dandy to be a parody of Cowboy Bebop until now. But the more I think about it, the more I can see the connection.

Theme song for the US Border Patrol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G68ziTDKGn8

4. Likes Takatofan1986 liked this post
    Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Cool Re: Animes that parody stuff

Can Cromartie High School be considered a parody of anime high school series?

Regardless, it is funny.

6. Likes Takatofan1986 liked this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2020 09:47 PM
    Threads

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7455684/1/MLPFIM-First-Aid

8. Likes Takatofan1986 liked this post
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Then there's this:

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I just watched the first two episodes of Cells at Work. It seems to partly be a parody of your basic girl-attacked-by-monsters-is-saved-by-strong-male-hero genre. More after I finish the series.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information