AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Actors: Then and Now

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Actors: Then and Now

I was watching Doom Patrol the TV series this week and... man is Brendan Fraser different.

Which actors have you see who are different than they used to be?
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Actors: Then and Now

All of them.

Brendan Fraser wasted his talents on a lot of bad movies. There was only one film in which I saw him play a serious, dramatic role. I forget the name of the film, but he played an undercover intelligence agent assigned to Vietnam. I have to look it up later. He did quite well in the supporting role.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

What bad movies? I liked a lot of his stuff.

Anyway who else specifically could you compare then and now and not recognize? Some look the same no matter what. For example here's a picture of Nicholas Cage fromt he 1800s

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Brendan Fraser wasted his talents on a lot of bad movies. There was only one film in which I saw him play a serious, dramatic role. I forget the name of the film, but he played an undercover intelligence agent assigned to Vietnam. I have to look it up later. He did quite well in the supporting role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    What bad movies? I liked a lot of his stuff.
    You never saw Monkeybone? What a piece of crap that was!

The movie I was thinking of before was The Quiet American. Pretty good.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Monkeybone was great! Whoopie Goldberg as Death. Steven King Cujo's prisoner...

Whoopie's aged well... as has Matt Daimon. Now who do you know who changed a LOT

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Monkeybone was an uneven regurgitation of old, overused fantasy-comedy cliches.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

*Points at anime* I give you exhibit A.

Back on topic.n
    Actors who have changed a lot.

Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2020 04:24 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    *Points at anime* I give you exhibit A.

Back on topic.n
    Actors who have changed a lot.

It's always funny to me how these so-called, then-and-now comparison pictures of famous actors are presented on the internet. It's as if such actors are always set up to fail in the now department no matter what they do. I mean, it's one thing for a particular actor to look less attractive than his/her former self because they, say, did drugs, gained weight or clearly aged, blah blah. It's another thing for that same actor to look less attractive than his/her former self because they were opportunistically photographed under non-clouded, mid-day sunlight that is apt to expose less desirable features such as wrinkles, bald patches and nostril hair. Talk about an uneven playing field, and - as if to add insult to injury, the former self to which he/she is compared would be enhanced by more flattering lighting, make-up and perhaps a dash of airbrushing too.

Still, if I must...

In all honestly, I don't believe in all this guff. Sure, Jet Li has gotten older, but the second picture is clearly the result of him being photographed under less flattering light. But I posted this picture anyway because it was the only one that sprung to mind and was relatively safe to access -'cause I really don't like the idea of scouring the internet for pictures of this kind as they tend be posted on the most spammiest of websites. =P
    Last edited by .:neuko:.; 03-02-2020 at 05:45 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information