AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Underused Anime Characters You Wanted to see More Of

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-12-2024 01:59 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs up Underused Anime Characters You Wanted to see More Of

Ever have a minor character in an anime who you really, really liked? Only it was a minor character who was barely used?

Tatsuki from Bleach. A tough tomboy, a martial arts junior master, and the protector of Orihime, Tatsuki was a major character in the series -- for about the first 4-5 episodes. After that it was the occasional cameo, or a brief appearance just to remind us she was alive. Meanwhile, Orihime became one of the main characters. I guess Tatsuki had a bad agent. She should have fired him and gone with Orihime's representative.

Hansel and Gretel from Black Lagoon. They were only in two episodes, but made a big impression on BL fans. Hansel and Gretel were two adorable adolescent twins, who were also cross-dressing homicidal maniacs for hire. I kind of knew they were doomed from the start, but at least they should have been kept around long enough to be semi-regulars.

Kururi and Mairu Orihara from DurararaX2!!. Another set of twins! These sisters consciously made the choice to have different personalities -- one aggressive and one withdrawn. But it is no surprise that these girls can handle themselves, especially since their big brother is Izaya Orihara. But there is no sibling love lost between brother and sisters. Still with their blood relation, Kururi and Mairu would have made interesting characters. But they were never really developed and never came part of any of the plot-lines.

Hmmmm. Heavy on the female side here. I will have to think of a few more. Meanwhile, post your choices.

Feed your cat!

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Re: Underused Anime Characters You Wanted to see More Of

I just thought of another one. Junko Miyaji from FLCL. The original FLCL, and not the sorry-donkey sequels.

Junko is one funny character. Even in the eccentric world of FLCL, she does stand out. I would like to see more of her. A spin-off series (that's a future topic!) on her life outside the classroom would be amusing.

Feed your cat!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Another underused character:

Takako Maruyama from Forest of Piano. She's a friendly rival of the two main characters, until a wrist injury. Wouldn't it be interesting if she became the love interest of Kai? Maybe if there is a season 3. . . .

Feed your cat!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I don't know if others consider him underused, but I could go for a whole series featuring Poom Poom from Boggiepop Phantom. He's evil -- at least until Boggiepop gives him a good talking to.

Well, nothing last forever. Even something psychologically evil.

Come on. You know you have an underused character or two.
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 01-15-2020 at 04:13 PM.

Feed your cat!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information