AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Feel Good Anime

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Top 10 Feel Good Anime

Here in reverse order are my Top 10 Feel Good Anime, with maybe some minor spoilers.

By feel good, I mean:

1) Watching merely makes you feel good.
    2) The story is inspiring enough to make you feel good.

So,

10. The Devil is a Part-Timer. Action/adventure anime are not necessarily “feel good,” but start off with the premise of the Dark Lord working in a fast food restaurant, and you have either the perfect TV comedy skit, or a ridiculous enough premise for an anime to make you laugh. The laughing part makes me feel good.

9. A Letter to Momo. The story about a young girl trying to cope with the death of her father is hardly feel good material. But with the help of three half-wit demons, Momo does get to say her final good-byes and obtains closure. It’s a happy ending which made me feel good.

8. Big Windup. Once you get past protagonist Ren’s wussiness, this is quite a likeable anime. Ren was the star pitcher on a high school team which always lost, so he got the blame. Now at a new school, Ren gets a second chance thanks to a female coach and a catcher who believe in him. Not possessing a strong arm, Ren learns to finesse his way from win to win, as we cheer him on.

7. Tiger and Bunny. Another action/adventure anime, but with laughs. In yet another world where certain individuals are born with super powers, middle-aged Kotetsu, aka Flying Tiger, is teamed up with newcomer Barnaby. They really shouldn’t. The two just don’t get along, at least at first, and that tension is the basis of this anime’s humor. It is a fun show to watch, thus feel good.

6. Kill Me Baby. This series is just plain dumb. The characters are dumb. The stories are dumb. But it is fun to watch. Schoolgirl Yasuna wants to be best friends with her classmate Sonya, a highly trained professional assassin. Add Agiri, a ninja looking to make a buck, and the Unused Character, you have a series whose silliness, at least a half hour per episode, will make you forget all your problems.

5. Cromartie High School. Takashi is a nice guy, well behaved, good boy, who is mistakenly sent to a high school for juvenile delinquents. The resulting conflict and drama is what you would expect when the leader of a rival gang is Freddie Mercury, and the control of the city’s gangland structure relies on one’s knowledge of yogurt. Yep. Another dumb, but fun anime. Forget your problems and feel good watching this one.

4. Tweeny Witches. WTF? A kid’s anime? Why not? Arusu, a mortal girl, finds herself in the land of the witches. Despite being taken captive, she eventually teaches the witches, assisted by her new friends Eva and Sheila, what magic is really all about. A sweet little series.

3. Step Up Love Story. A couple in their mid-20’s fall in love and get married. Only being virgins, they have no knowledge of sex. But with the advice of friends, they make a go of it. In the second half, they even become mentors to younger couples. OK, so this OVA is soft-core hentai. It is still actually a sweet story.

2. Love, Chunibyo, and other Delusions. The story of high school kids creating their own fantasy world away from reality, may give you pause to think of this anime as being about some mental health issue. Maybe it is. But it tells its story with a great deal of humor. This series is fun and happy. True the last few episodes of season 1 has Rikka confront her demons, but the ending is perfectly happy. It would have been a great place to stop, but there is a season 2, which is not bad. It’s just that season 1 ended so perfectly.

1. Ouran High School Host Club. Kind of weird that boys at an exclusive high school would create a club whose sole purpose is to indulged the female students. No, nothing sexual. When middle class scholarship student Haruhi joins, we get a series of happy adventures – and misadventures. There are colorful characters to lift our spirits. My only complaint is we needed a second season for the relationship between Haruhi and Tamaki.

Now it is your turn. List your favorite feel good anime series and movies. Say something about them as well.

---------- Post added 12-29-2019 at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-28-2019 at 07:28 PM ----------

Who does not like dumb, but fun?

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

Default Re: Top 10 Feel Good Anime

Very good list! I'm going to have to check some of these out! I keep thinking about watching Cromartie HS, but I keep forgetting about it. I keeo thinking about The devil is a part timer too, but, I feel weird, since I am religious, so I don't know that I'd feel right about it. But then I think, there is other media I like "About the devil" such as the movie Bedazzled, so I dunno, maybe one of these days I will.

I could only come up with 5 actual recommendations, and two honorable mentions, but my description of the honorable mentions will explain what I mean.

Honorable mentions:

Ultimate Otaku Teacher - This is a really funny story about a genius who had a condition called YD, which means he can only do what he yearns to do. Which is usually, playing video games (And I think anime and manga? It's been a while since I watched it.) But he somehow gets a job as a teacher. I don't remember this series clearly, as it's been a few years, but I remember thinking this was really funny - at least until 2/3rds the way through. I think somewhere around there... I didn't enjoy it as much, but I don't remember why. But it started hilarious at least!

Assassination classroom - I was hesitant to put this on the list anywhere. Knowing the ending, I have a feeling when I go rewatch it, I can really laugh and enjoy it on a whole new level. But watching it the first time, no matter how funny it is, there's always a tone of seriousness going on, because of what the students are trying to accomplish.

#5 Oh! Edo Rocket - A series set in Edo japan, about a time when anything fun was banned. But a firework maker gets asked (By an alien, but he doesn't know that) to make a rocket that will go to the moon. This series is hilarious, with 4th wall breaks, and things that don't belong in the time period. When I last rewatched this series (A few years ago) I remember being surprised how many intense moments there were, but I know there are tons of laughs.

#4 Ouran High School Host Club - Very funny show, with some heart to go with it. The only thing that pulls this down so far on the list is the serious moments and the last couple eps, makes it a bit sadder. But the bulk of the series is a good show to put on when you are having a bad day.

#3 Space Dandy - I originally had Ouran higher, but I decided SD should be #3 on my list. It's interesting because, when I think about my favorites, I don't usually think about SD, but yet, every 6 months or so I think about it, and marathon the whole thing in 2-3 days, laughing hysterically the whole time. Though I've never found anything official, I always thought it officially was a parody of Cowboy Bebop. Lots of fundamental similarities: Bounty hunters in space with a small crew, getting in weird situations. They even have the same currency! Woolongs! Where they differ, is Dandy just wants to get rare alien's registered. Complete with a betlejuciean, who looks an awful lot like a cat, and a robot co-pilot, they have some really fun adventures. (If you don't mind some 4th wall breaks!)

#2 The Disastrous Life Of Saiki K - Wouldn't it be amazing if you were a psychic? Could transport, move things, ect? What if all you wanted in the world was to be normal? This is a hilarious story of Saiki Kusuo, who was born a Psychic, but all he wants is to be normal. But no matter how hard he tries, his powers get him into wacky trouble.

#1 Yakitate!! Japan - This will always be my #1 comedy. I know I've talked about it a lot but, it's hilarious to me. A baker who has 'solar hands' and makes amazing bread. It doesn't SOUND like it would be that funny, but it IS! He gets into hilarious situations and misunderstandings. (If you watch it, the first ep is a tad slow, but important backstory. The next couple eps are also a tad less funny as the story gets going, but by ep 5 or so, it's non stop laughs! To me at least.)

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I haven't heard of Ultimate Otaku Teacher, but it makes me think of Hi Score Girl, another anime about video game players which just fell short of my list.

I'm not bothered by the depressing aspects of the last few episodes of Ouran High School Host Club. A bit of a downside on an otherwise uplifting anime rounds out the final product. Besides, it did lead to a great ending. Well, almost great. That moment Tamaki catches Haruhi after she falls from the bridge would have been a great time for their first kiss. (Me the romantic!?)

I guess a hug is good enough. But it did leave me wanting a season 2.

I could work Space Dandy somewhere onto my list, I suppose.

🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

@Takatofan1986 Actually Space Dandy was done by the same director who made both Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo- Shinichiro Watanabe. It was a really good show though, with S2E8 being my favorite episode. Also one of the only anime I know of where the dub is better than the sub.

Also fun fact- the entire OST for Space Dandy was made using only instruments available before 1986 iirc
    Last edited by ZombieWolf2508; 12-29-2019 at 09:48 PM.

My mood on a daily basis

5. Thanks Takatofan1986 thanked for this post
    Likes Takatofan1986 liked this post
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

A sad story with a very happy, satisfying ending which will make you feel good.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Even Satan has to make a living. Some silliness from The Devil is a Part-Timer:

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

This is an example of the drama that occurs in Cromartie High School -- when one of the gang leaders is Freddie Mercury.

9. Likes Takatofan1986 liked this post
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Tiger and Bunny -- When the relationship goes wrong:

But it is fun to watch.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Tweeny Witches. Good times with a little bad luck.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Feel good, winning baseball from Big Windup!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions. That is some wonderful imagination.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I've got a new Feel Good Anime for the list -- Maid Sama.

Good fun here! Misaki is the first female student body president of her high school. Formerly all male, it is now 20% female, and Misaki works hard to keep the boys in line. She's tough and uncompromising, but because her family is poor, she must take an after school job -- as a waitress in a maid cafe. The girls at the cafe must act obedient to their male clientele referring to them as "Master." This is totally against Misaki's persona, but more than that she must keep the job a secret to protect her image. In comes classmate Takumi who discovers her secret, and tries to woo her. This is totally for laughs. More when I finish the series.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Citrus. Finally a teen rated anime where both girls are interested in each other.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

This?

The blonde looks a bit like Kaori from Your Lie in April.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I am now six episodes into another feel good anime -- Carole and Tuesday. Seventeen-year-old Tuesday is a rich girl who has run away from home. By chance she meets Carole, also 17, who is barely scratching by on part-time jobs she eventually gets fired from. But they are drawn together by a love of music, and assisted by a has-been manager clawing his way back, they embark in pursuit of their dreams. You know they are going to get there, as you watch them grow and develop.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Carole and Tuesday:

helianthus Fuu Kasumi has a reputation beyond repute Fuu Kasumi has a reputation beyond repute Fuu Kasumi has a reputation beyond repute Fuu Kasumi has a reputation beyond repute Fuu Kasumi has a reputation beyond repute Fuu Kasumi has a reputation beyond repute Fuu Kasumi has a reputation beyond repute Fuu Kasumi has a reputation beyond repute Fuu Kasumi has a reputation beyond repute Fuu Kasumi has a reputation beyond repute Fuu Kasumi has a reputation beyond repute Fuu Kasumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Venus Crystal Henshin Pen Venus Star Wand Top Artemis
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2020 09:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

1. Ouran High School Host Club
    2. Princess Jellyfish
    3. Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun (sweet, funny)
    4. Nichijou (cried laughing)

it's been a while since I've watched anything one might consider a feel-good anime, i mainly just watch samurai champloo on repeat

x

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ I never heard of the last two. Tell us about them.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

A look at Maid Sama, mentioned previously, this is Misaki in a vulnerable moment:

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The aforementioned Space Dandy!

Feeling good through absurdity.

23. Likes Takatofan1986 liked this post
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I've been posting a bit about Cells at Work. This anime series has some tense and dramatic moments, but the overall silliness of the concept makes it feel good as well.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Another feel good anime! K-On!

OK, I did just finish posting about this under musical anime, but not I am posting under feel-good anime.

This is about four high school freshmen, or rather girls, each with an entirely unique personality, coming together to form a band. They may not be much good in the beginning, but you have to cheer such good, wholesome characters as they charge towards that dream -- provided they are not distracted. Good times for all -- at least in the first four episodes I have watched.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Early on in the aforementioned K-On

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I have a new entry for a feel good anime. It's Okko's Inn.

OK, so it does not start out so happy. Within the first five minutes, a horrific traffic accident leaves Okko an orphan. But as the film progresses, we see Okko developing a feeling of self-worth and purpose. In that, this is an uplifting feel-good movie.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Slayers

Bastard!!

Summer Wars

Spirited Away

When Marnie was There

Hellsing

Murcielago

Citrus

Queen's Blade

Outlaw Star
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information