AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ever not get something simple in a game?

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

Default Ever not get something simple in a game?

Have you ever played a game and went back to it years later and found out something so simple that you never got before?

This is particularly pathetic because the game in my case is Super Mario World, a game I've played at least once every 2-3 years, since I was 7. (Now 33) and just figured this out a few years ago.

In Super Mario World, there are a few coin blocks through the game, not a ton, but a few, coin blocks that when you hit them, instead of one coin coming out, a coins would keep coming out, making a 'path'. In most cases that there was one of these, there was a P block around, that you could jump on and turn the coins into bricks, and use it to get somewhere.

....Just in the last few years did I figure you you could control it with the D pad o.o

Here I thought all these years you just had to be lucky that it would go the right way/that it was random, or ultimately just have a cape and fly where you needed to go.

I feel stupid...

Felt a little better though, that I went to a youtube walk through to get a vid of what I'm talking about and apparently they didn't know either...

Anyone have something like that happen to them?

🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

Default Re: Ever not get something simple in a game?

I played most of Nier Automata before learning that there's a lot of special combos and maneuvers you can do, such as the pod fling to cross gaps and and a special counter that launches a missile at enemies.

My mood on a daily basis

Junior Member doneyag is on a distinguished road doneyag's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2020 07:44 AM
    Threads

You can always find a hint of gamers

Look over there ---> Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Hyundai Coupe Mario Bowser Shell Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2022 04:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: PrinnyBombed

I can't think of anything specific, but I do always tend to overthink things in games.

Junior Member doneyag is on a distinguished road doneyag's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2020 07:44 AM
    Threads

For me, the simplest thing is Tetris

Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2022 10:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

To this day I still can't successfully do a simple Combo Breaker in (any) Killer Instinct. I just cant see where my window of opportunity is and I just let the opponent get it out of their system.

Member pathospades is on a distinguished road pathospades's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2021 06:03 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieWolf2508 View Post
    I played most of Nier Automata before learning that there's a lot of special combos and maneuvers you can do, such as the pod fling to cross gaps and and a special counter that launches a missile at enemies.
    Same... Will probably never learn them.

I've dropped a lot of JRPGS because I've lost my sense of direction and have no idea where to go next. I really hate it.

Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2022 10:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

I got a question. Are Street Fighter moves like Zangief's pile-drivers, that require almost a full 360' spin on the stick, really that hard to learn without accidentally jumping all the time? I know Sodom and maybe very few others in games, like Dark Stalkers, have moves like those. I tried practicing them many years ago, but it got aggravating so I gave up.

----------
    Knowing that Akira Oono in Hi-Score Girl is a Zangief expert makes her character that much more amazing and unique.
    Last edited by CapnJack; 07-10-2021 at 10:27 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information