AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sen'ya Ichiya

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Mic Dr Who Tardis Guy Fawkes Mask
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2020 12:43 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Senevir PSN ID: Senevir Steam ID: Senevir

Default Sen'ya Ichiya

Years ago, I was wanting to translate this song based on The Thousand Nights and the One Night. However, the lyrics featured that neat trick that a lot of doujin songs do wherein they change the words but don't reflect it in the lyrics sheet. =_= orz

Many of the words were Arabic, and Akkun was very generous in helping me confirm all of that, but I can't ask him anymore. I'd like to finally finish this song, but I can't submit it when I am unable to confirm the actual sound of the lyrics being sung. It's not right.

As an example, we worked out :

鬼神 → Ifrit ( عفريت )
    歓迎しよう → Marhaba Ahlan ( مرحبا أهلاً )
    千夜一夜 → Alf Layla wa Layla ( ألف ليلة و ليلة‎ )
    女鬼神 → Ifrita ( عفريتا )
    どうぞこちらへ → Ahlan wa Sahlan ( أهلا وسهلا )

To best be helped in this, I feel that I will need to borrow the ear of another, so please listen to the song if you can and help me confirm what is being sung.
    Now... that's the difficult part. I can't find a soundfile anywhere online to show you as a sample, so I felt it prudent to create my own. Here is a sample of the track featuring the three parts in question, with a few seconds between each piece. It spans for only 30 seconds in length.

Here are the parts that I wasn't able to discern :

暁待つ燈火 → ????
    The "待つ燈火" part is said in Japanese, but the "暁" isn't said as あかつき like it is previously in an earlier line of the song.
    Akkun said that it sounded like "مارود" ("maroodo"), not that that's something that makes any sense in Arabic. But, you know... Japanese accents.
    Does anyone know a word that could sound like this and mean something akin to 暁?

The next issue is with the line "この続きはまた明くる夜の帳の先で".
    I honestly hear "先び" which of course makes no sense, so I'm guessing it's "先に" but I'd still like it confirmed if I'm changing a line.

終焉へと 二人きり(?) めくるめく夜(ライラ) → ????
    So, "二人きり" is the word here in this one that doesn't match what's sung.... but to be honest, I can't be sure that this one isn't another phrase in Japanese. The problem is that the singer whispers the line, so I can't hear it very well.
    It's perfectly possible that the word "二人きり" was switched for something else, especially seeing as earlier, "また明日も" was written on the lyric sheet but she is clearing singing the line "今宵も明日も". They leave in old versions of the lyrics. It happens.
    I thought that I might be hearing "砂落ちて/散って".... but who knows. I'm really bad at hearing words amongst other sounds - even in English.

Anyway, here are the kanji lyrics directly from the lyric booklet, with additions by myself in brackets to clear some things up.

一夜一夜 奇談のアラベスク
    麝香交じりの薔薇の水、天人花の香
    笑んだ鬼神(イフリート)「歓迎しよう(マルハバ・アハラン)」
    暁待つ炬火(かがりび) 千夜一夜(アルフ・ライラ・ワ・ライラ)

時は廻り廻る千変万化
    絡み合う因果と繋がり流れゆきや
    月は星の縮図を語らわむ(語らわん)
    暁待つ燈火 千夜一夜(アルフ・ライラ・ワ・ライラ)

魔神の蠟燭(しょくだい)を翳して
    老婆が呼び覚ます古の呪われし宝石の秘密
    遍く御心のまにまに
    獅子の背に乗り勇ましく天駆ける羽矢となれ

千と一の夜を知る数え歌
    ページを開く また明日もその次も次も
    千と一の夜を越え未だ見ぬ
    この続きはまた明くる夜の帳の先で(に)

十夜幾重夜 綺談のピカレスク
    飴色の繻子の衣覗き口づけ
    誘う女鬼神(イフリータ)「どうぞこちらへ(アハラン・ワ・サハラン)」
    白く甘き揺り篭 千夜一夜(アルフ・ライラ・ワ・ライラ)

空を駆け巡り巡る満天下
    手繰り合う運命(さだめ)が広がり分かれゆきや
    騾馬は砂の行方を占わむ(占わん)
    美しき鳥籠 千夜一夜(アルフ・ライラ・ワ・ライラ)

名もなき詩家は画く語りき
    権とても愛なくば秤にかけて良き釣り合いを成さず
    流離う夜明けの旅人よ
    日毎朝に我昇る陽に汝が名を問おう

千と一の夜を成す語り詩
    ページをめくる また明日もその次も次も
    千と一の夜を越え辿りつく
    この続きはまた明くる夜の帳の先で(に)

夢のランプを求め地平の果て
    千と一の夜を越えるがため唄うの
    夢が現の真理は蜃気楼
    ただ燦然と花開くこの御伽噺

千と一の夜を舞う愛の歌
    ページを巡る 「また明日も(今宵も明日も)」その次もずっと

千と一の夜を越え辿りつく
    終焉へと 二人きり(?) めくるめく夜(ライラ)
    廻り廻る朝を越えいざ千夜
    生まれ来るは誰も知らざる次の一夜
    星と月が夢見た
    今、千夜一夜
    Last edited by Hikarin; 10-01-2019 at 10:28 AM.

Come and join me in FFXIV.
    Gaia Data Centre (Valefor) ~ Senevir Vae'talhrin | Chaos Data Centre (Omega) ~ Myrrh'a Afhkaar
    Elemental Data Centre (Atomos) ~ Kharsarnai Khrui | Mana Data Centre (Masamune) ~ Gakuto Ren

Have a lyrics request? Feel free to ask. Specialty - Vocaloid and other doujin music.
    Subject to availability.

ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2019 11:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: Sen'ya Ichiya

I can't verify the veracity of this myself obviously, but I did manage to find one other (weird but accessible) source for the lyrics that at least seems to line up with what you have so far?

https://typing.twi1.me/game/69164

In this one the 暁 is glossed as マロオノ, so it's possibly 'maroono' instead of 'maroodo'? (I don't speak Arabic though so I'm not sure if that's anything)

The 二人きり is similarly glossed as スラ・ウツト, which I assume to be another Arabic phrase.

And! This transcription does at least seem to confirm your 先に interpretation.

(The only other site I found touting this version of the lyrics is an old Chinese music blog, but this seems like this should at least point in the right direction!)

Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ArtemisA View Post
    I can't verify the veracity of this myself obviously, but I did manage to find one other (weird but accessible) source for the lyrics that at least seems to line up with what you have so far?

https://typing.twi1.me/game/69164

In this one the 暁 is glossed as マロオノ, so it's possibly 'maroono' instead of 'maroodo'? (I don't speak Arabic though so I'm not sure if that's anything)

The 二人きり is similarly glossed as スラ・ウツト, which I assume to be another Arabic phrase.

And! This transcription does at least seem to confirm your 先に interpretation.

(The only other site I found touting this version of the lyrics is an old Chinese music blog, but this seems like this should at least point in the right direction!)
    Ahaha.... thank you for trying to help at the very least. I really appreciate that.
    The funny thing about those lyrics though is that they are in fact from a blog page that I myself made years and years ago when I was first trying to deduce this.
    Those differences that you mention are what Akkun and I were trying to figure out phonetically. XD They are in no way accurate. It seems that both of our ears were poor when it came to this.

The game was not popular at the time and the song not very well known, so I never expected people would pull that blog page where I was trying to make sense of the lyrics... but a Chinese website did, and then others followed and just assumed that they were accurate. ^_^;

Still, thanks again. I had a feeling that this might come up.
    Last edited by Hikarin; 11-01-2019 at 08:22 PM.

Gaia Data Centre (Valefor) ~ Senevir Vae'talhrin | Chaos Data Centre (Omega) ~ Myrrh'a Afhkaar
    Elemental Data Centre (Atomos) ~ Kharsarnai Khrui | Mana Data Centre (Masamune) ~ Gakuto Ren

Have a lyrics request? Feel free to ask. Specialty - Vocaloid and other doujin music.
    Subject to availability.

ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2019 11:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Oh goodness, that's too funny! xD

Unfortunately on my own listen I couldn't make those spots out too definitively, but if I happen to hit on any inspiration with it, I'll be sure to share!

Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, it's funny the way that those things go around. XD

Sure, thank you~

Subject to availability.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information