AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help in transliterating Funanori (Musekinin Kanchou Tylor)

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    tsubasanut is on a distinguished road tsubasanut's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2019 02:19 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Need help in transliterating Funanori (Musekinin Kanchou Tylor)

Hi all

Trying to transliterate this beauty.
    I'm no good with japanese, between JLPT5 and JLPT4 now.
    Found original kanji here http://lyricsdb.blogspot.com/2007/10/blog-post.html
    I did recognized katakana words as french, since i know it a bit.
    But i'm doubting some other words.
    1. furigana for "Funanori"(舟乗り) seems to be wrong (funenori).
    2. a line お道化(どうけ)るなよ海 puzzles me. 戯けるなよ海 makes so much more sense
    3. How on earth 瘡 may sound like kizu? And again, 傷 will looks sooo right here.

BTW, it is on Youtube

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Mic Dr Who Tardis Guy Fawkes Mask
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2020 12:43 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Senevir PSN ID: Senevir Steam ID: Senevir

Default Re: Need help in transliterating Funanori (Musekinin Kanchou Tylor)

"舟乗り" is usually written "船乗り", and I agree with you that the reading should be "funanori".
    お道化るなよ海 -> 戯けるなよ海 .... Probably?
    瘡 -> 傷 .... Who knows?

So, a few points to be made here.

1 ) It's unwise to rely on furigana. It's not always accurate.
    2 ) Finding lyrics on a trusted website is much better. Blogs are touchy and shouldn't be relied on. That being said... I realise that it would be difficult to find the lyrics to older anime on these kinds of sites.

The way that I see it is that there are a few possible scenarios for these lyrics.
    a ) They ARE the actual lyrics transcribed by a fan, but parts have been mistyped
    b ) They are a complete guess as to what the lyrics are, in which it's a very dangerous position to be in when transliterating

Really your best bet would be to hunt down a copy of the CD (or record in this case) that it features on and with any luck, an official version of the lyrics will be in the booklet.
    I realise that this is not easy for everyone to do, however.

Come and join me in FFXIV.
    Gaia Data Centre (Valefor) ~ Senevir Vae'talhrin | Chaos Data Centre (Omega) ~ Myrrh'a Afhkaar
    Elemental Data Centre (Atomos) ~ Kharsarnai Khrui | Mana Data Centre (Masamune) ~ Gakuto Ren

Have a lyrics request? Feel free to ask. Specialty - Vocaloid and other doujin music.
    Subject to availability.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    tsubasanut is on a distinguished road tsubasanut's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2019 02:19 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Hikarin View Post
    "舟乗り" is usually written "船乗り", and I agree with you that the reading should be "funanori".
    お道化るなよ海 -> 戯けるなよ海 .... Probably?
    瘡 -> 傷 .... Who knows?

So, a few points to be made here.

1 ) It's unwise to rely on furigana. It's not always accurate.
    2 ) Finding lyrics on a trusted website is much better. Blogs are touchy and shouldn't be relied on. That being said... I realise that it would be difficult to find the lyrics to older anime on these kinds of sites.

The way that I see it is that there are a few possible scenarios for these lyrics.
    a ) They ARE the actual lyrics transcribed by a fan, but parts have been mistyped
    b ) They are a complete guess as to what the lyrics are, in which it's a very dangerous position to be in when transliterating

Really your best bet would be to hunt down a copy of the CD (or record in this case) that it features on and with any luck, an official version of the lyrics will be in the booklet.
    I realise that this is not easy for everyone to do, however.
    Thank you for corrections and suggestions.
    Can you recommend some "trusted" websites?
    I'm planning to transliterate some Eriko Tamura lirycs from here https://mojim.com/twy114170x8x13.htm. Can this one be considered trusted?

I don't think it is fan translated, since there is cases, where furigana totally match song, but kanji's are "poetical whatever", e.x. けがれを嘲笑(わらう)銀河(そら). And yes, old songs are tough to find. But i just love these 80-90th soundtracks.

Buying is pretty difficult for me, since I'm from Russia. Abysmal post service is our trademark, not to mention it will be god-awful pricey in our local currency.
    I'll go with what I have for now. It is better to have some lyrics (that matches audio and make sense) that none at all.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

I don't consider Mojim trustworthy, myself, but the particular lyrics you want are also on Uta-Net, which is: https://www.uta-net.com/song/160129/

Regarding Funanori, does anyone have a sense of how reliable Kget is? I'm not really familiar with them, but they do have the same lyrics that are in the blog post: http://www.kget.jp/lyric/21304/%E8%8...A0%86%E5%AD%90

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Mic Dr Who Tardis Guy Fawkes Mask
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2020 12:43 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Senevir PSN ID: Senevir Steam ID: Senevir

Quote Originally Posted by tsubasanut View Post
    Thank you for corrections and suggestions.
    Can you recommend some "trusted" websites?
    I'm planning to transliterate some Eriko Tamura lirycs from here https://mojim.com/twy114170x8x13.htm. Can this one be considered trusted?

I don't think it is fan translated, since there is cases, where furigana totally match song, but kanji's are "poetical whatever", e.x. けがれを嘲笑(わらう)銀河(そら). And yes, old songs are tough to find. But i just love these 80-90th soundtracks.

Buying is pretty difficult for me, since I'm from Russia. Abysmal post service is our trademark, not to mention it will be god-awful pricey in our local currency.
    I'll go with what I have for now. It is better to have some lyrics (that matches audio and make sense) that none at all.
    Sorry for the late reply. I could see that you had quoted me, but there was no post succeeding mine in the thread until blue posted.

I think that Kasi-time, Uta-ten, Utamappu, and Uta-Net could be considered trusted websites. They're all licensed by JASRAC it seems, which is like a music copyright group in Japan.

There's also a website that I used to frequent to obtain older lyrics. It would seem that they took their transcriptions directly from the album lyric booklets. I was very fond of them, but they closed down about three years ago.
    Still, most of the lyric pages have been saved to webarchive, so you can navigate around that to have a look. They even have lyrics to your show in question and its OVA, but unfortunately not Funanori itself.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20110902.../mu/index.html

I know what you mean. I'm from Australia, so it's very expensive for me as well. =x Our dollar has been really bad for the past decade. We used to be equal with the US and Japan.

@bluepenguin

I wasn't familiar with kget (at least I don't think so), but they DO list a JASRAC licence at the bottom of their main page, so I suppose there is some kind of legitimacy there?
    That being said, I don't know what a site has to do to get a JASRAC licence. I started reading on their website, but it was just blahblah legal jargon blahblahblah I lost attention five minutes ago, why am I still reading? I have taken none of this in. O_O

Come and join me in FFXIV.
    Gaia Data Centre (Valefor) ~ Senevir Vae'talhrin | Chaos Data Centre (Omega) ~ Myrrh'a Afhkaar
    Elemental Data Centre (Atomos) ~ Kharsarnai Khrui | Mana Data Centre (Masamune) ~ Gakuto Ren

Have a lyrics request? Feel free to ask. Specialty - Vocaloid and other doujin music.
    Subject to availability.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information