AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: オノマペット translation

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2023 08:47 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default オノマペット translation

Someone asked me to translate doriko's Onomapet. You can find the lyrics and my draft translation on my site (you need to click on the "English" button to see the translation).

I don't know if the song is meant to make much sense, but I think I can translate most of it, just near the end I'm not sure how to interpret the lines
    気持ちいいことも 不意打ちはやめて
    次はいってしまう
    There's no kanji for いって so I have no idea what word it could be ... Any ideas anyone? My draft translation currently reads
    Even when it feels good, I'll stop surprise attacks
    and end up saying next
    but that's a guess. やめて could also be a request and the next line a separate sentence.

Additionally, around the middle there's also the cryptic line
    EDF! ABF
    Any ideas what it could mean? I did a search with google but didn't come up with anything useful.

Finally, the pronunciation of 2980円 and 3980円 are also unusual. Anyone heard anything like that before?

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2022 08:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: オノマペット translation

It reads something like this to me:

気持ちいいことも 不意打ちはやめて
    Stop doing both the things that feel good and the surprise attacks

次はいってしまう
    Else next time (you do them) I'll go away (leave)
    Last edited by Fuukanou; 08-29-2019 at 08:56 PM.

Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Mic Dr Who Tardis Guy Fawkes Mask
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2020 12:43 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Senevir PSN ID: Senevir Steam ID: Senevir

It's an interesting song title, isn't it?
    It's hard to say what it is supposed to be, but looking at it the first time, I read it as a combination of "onomatopoeia" and "muppet" and put that together as either "Onomappet" or "Onomuppet". Given the theme of the lyrics, I feel that it supports that theory, but "muppet" isn't exactly an entirely common insult, either.

I don't have anything to add onto what Fuukanou said about those lines.
    But, perhaps it is worth bearing in mind that it could intend multiple things. Conveying that might be a little too difficult in English though.

As for the EDF! ABF part....
    It's a long shot, but a large theme of the whole song relates to sounds, right? Perhaps those letters relate to musical notes.
    EDF sounds a little off for the tune, but ABF sounds a lot like how you might sing that particular line. It could be a coincidence, or that could be the entire point of it.
    Furthermore if you're looking at it that way, "EDF" could be the mistake referrenced.
    Experiment if you like, though I personally think that it sounds more like "A B♭ F". Trying to voice "B♭" into letter kind of loses its effect, anyway.

As for the numbers, I wasn't familiar with it either. I found this Wikipedia article though.
    https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82...83%83%E3%83%91

In the end, I can't contribute more that theories, but I hope it helps to settle your mind a little. =x
    Last edited by Hikarin; 08-30-2019 at 06:53 PM.

Come and join me in FFXIV.
    Gaia Data Centre (Valefor) ~ Senevir Vae'talhrin | Chaos Data Centre (Omega) ~ Myrrh'a Afhkaar
    Elemental Data Centre (Atomos) ~ Kharsarnai Khrui | Mana Data Centre (Masamune) ~ Gakuto Ren

Have a lyrics request? Feel free to ask. Specialty - Vocaloid and other doujin music.
    Subject to availability.

Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Thanks for the help.

I hadn't thought of a portmanteau with muppet but it fits in better with the last line of the song than "pet" does.

That wikipedia article explains the numbers. However did you find it? I did a search but maybe I wasn't persistent enough.

I found this cover. If you look at the notes at around 0:27 you'll clearly see the UTAU sing A B♭ F https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31904748 but E D F is still a mystery.

The surprise attack line still puzzling. I've never come across …も…は meaning "both ... and ..." so I don't feel confident about Fuukanou's interpretation although it makes a bit more sense than mine.

UPDATE: Actually, I had a further thought ...

Maybe the surprise attacks are the subject of yameru. You see, the song raises life's problems and complications, and then it says, "Even when things feel OK, surprise attacks stop that and after that they go away."

I think it's a bit forced, especially since the subjects non-human, but I think it's the best I've got for now.
    Last edited by Raichu; 08-31-2019 at 11:35 PM. Reason: further thoughts

Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Ahhhh.... I hadn't looked at all of the lyrics.
    Given that the last line is "不自由な人形", then the title words are probably "onomatopoeia" + "puppet". I'd personally style this is "Onomuppet", because I feel that the meanings of both words can be understood from it better. Then again, couldn't the title have just become "オノマトパペット"? Oh, my head. =_=

I think I just searched for the word in its kana pronunciation.

Oh! I had to look at that twice. The first time I was reading the jumble of letters in the background, until I noticed the vertical keyboard off to the left and realised what the bars meant. At least I'm not the only person who came to that conclusion.
    Well, that's what I'm trying to say. I can't hear anywhere in the song where "E D F" plays out, but if you look at the entire paragraph as a whole...
    " 昨日の過ちに
    ガタガタ抜かすより
    明日に備えて
    EDF! ABF "
    It could be that the speaker is saying "EDF!" but is being contradicted with "ABF". You could see it as fixing your mistakes and moving on, but I'll have a little more of a think on it.

Moreover.... now that I've had a proper look at the entire lyrics, I feel that there is something more that my brain is trying to unravel but doesn't quite understand yet.
    For example, these two parts ->

どーすればいい 
    ドキドキ ムネムネ
    寄せて上げたら 
    たわわ ふるふる
    そーゆーことじゃない 
    頭を使って
    バカじゃないのだよ

うとうと眠気は 
    すやすや眠ればいい←

Why is there a ← there? Does it serve to draw attention to the line, or does it serve some other purpose?
    Is it a coincidence that if you reverse "ムネムネ", you get "ネムネム"? Maybe, but I feel like there's a lot more going on in this song here.

Do you know what this song is about? Does it tell a story or send a message?
    I will keep thinking about it. Something might hit me.
    Last edited by Hikarin; 09-01-2019 at 03:05 AM.

Gaia Data Centre (Valefor) ~ Senevir Vae'talhrin | Chaos Data Centre (Omega) ~ Myrrh'a Afhkaar
    Elemental Data Centre (Atomos) ~ Kharsarnai Khrui | Mana Data Centre (Masamune) ~ Gakuto Ren

Have a lyrics request? Feel free to ask. Specialty - Vocaloid and other doujin music.
    Subject to availability.

Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I really don't know what the song is about, but it seems to relate some gitaigo/giongo with different situations.

v1 nagged that she can't speak properly. her response: クラクラ
    v2 I think it's emergency training (take note of situation etc.). others respond: げらげら
    v3 she needs to talk, maybe a formal situation? her response: トキメキ
    v4 dealing with a mistake. her response: ガタガタ
    v5 inflation: described as バリバリ
    v6 liking someone. her response: ドキドキ
    bonus: nodding off うとうと and napping すやすや
    v7 life's difficulties, little respite. but no onomatope, I wonder why?
    v8 no idea what it means. フワフワ. concludes with saying she's a puppet.

UPDATE: listening to it again, in v7 maybe doriko counts 絶え絶え as gitaigo
    Last edited by Raichu; 09-01-2019 at 05:50 PM. Reason: update

Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Hmmm.... it's so hard to know with a song whether it's just a song, or if there's a story. It being doriko though, I'm fairly confident in the latter.

You know, I don't think that it would hurt to get a native's opinion on this song.
    I often find a lot of answers that I'm looking for on Yahoo 知恵袋. The community seems fairly switched on and readily helpful. They might be able to pick up on something or help you with parts. It's worth a shot.
    https://chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/

Subject to availability.

bambooXZX will become famous soon enough bambooXZX's Avatar
    Gil
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-18-2023 04:37 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Still thinking it over, but to me, the song overall feels like frustration with the difficulty of expressing emotion in words/speech, with hints of romance being the cause.

I'm kind of reading verse 6 [たわわ etc] as (a) the first four lines are the speaker trying in the best way she can to say how she's feeling, but then (b) she realizes it can be misconstrued as innuendo so the next three lines are backtracking.

With that interpretation in mind, perhaps the ending of verse 8 [不意打ち etc] is playing on that idea, given a certain colloquial usage of いく.

Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I think it's romance in v6 but not necessarily elsewhere. It seems to be different areas of life. But difficulty in expressing emotion verbally would make sense especially since Japanese uses a lot of onomatope for that.

Do you mean イく (that's how I've seen it spelled)? It did cross my mind but then I can't fit 不意打ち into a consistent idea. The only interpretation I have so far that forms a consistent whole is that life's hard, and even a good thing won't happen again because something unexpected will make it go away.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information