AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Lyrics correction for Saki: "Mahjon Tenshi ni Kakomarechau"

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    kitsuneninetails is on a distinguished road kitsuneninetails's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2019 08:19 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Lyrics correction for Saki: "Mahjon Tenshi ni Kakomarechau"

I posted the original lyrics, but there were some Jp characters in which kind of messed up the reader, so I wanted to post again a slight correction (fixed a couple typos) and the footnotes without any Jp characters.

Thanks!

---

Surrounded by Mahjong Angels

I get it, I get it!
    The treasured REVOLUTION
    Are you in? How about it?

In today's challenge
    I don't need "Nice to meet you"s.
    I'll just take everything!

Hesitate and the chance will disappear!
    So, shall I just rely more than ever on my luck
    and gamble it all?

This kind of tempest, the thunderstorm only right here,
    This super excitement that has brought such a thrill!

Time flows normally, right?
    But that has nothing to do with this, so,
    Hey!
    You still haven't experienced this great feeling, right?
    Hey you, hey you, you definitely want to try it out!

I kind of want to go for Tenhou* *Yakuman where dealer has winning hand on first draw.
    But Ryuuiisou* would be so pretty *Yakuman where winning hand has all green tiles (2, 3, 4, 6, or 8 of bamboo; or green dragon tiles only).
    But something like Chuuren* wouldn't kill me! *Yakuman with 1112345678999 + any other tile, all in the same suit.
    It's not only about the tiles...

It's a world that changes each time.
    Let's have fun! Come and be my next mark! ++

The chaos of the Early Tenhou +++
    is calling me. It's a bit of hell.
    I wonder if I can keep my determination.

It seemed so peaceful. I mean, for the most part.
    But this tile coming right now,
    Is it a blessing or a trap?

The despair of throwing away the happiness I hold in my hand
    just keeps repeating. What an exhilerating battle!

At the end, I just can't give up!
    Ugh!
    There's no room for pity.
    No way!
    It's completely perfect, so
    The next one, the next one, it just has to come my way!

I've done that Chiihou* before *Yakuman where non-dealer has a winning hand with first draw (Tsumo) with no called tiles made beforehand.
    But I'm just one tile away from Daisangen* *Yakuman where the winning hand contains a trio of each of the three dragons.
    But Chinrou*... It just looks like I can make it! *Yakuman where winning hand where all tiles are either 1 or 9.
    It's not just about the tile I drew...

This game is the future.
    It's so fun! Come and take the bait!

Time flows normally, right?
    But that has nothing to do with this, so,
    Hey!
    You still haven't experienced this great feeling, right?
    Hey you, hey you, you definitely want to try it out!

I've done that Renhou* before *Optional yakuman where non-dealer has a winning hand with a discard in the first round (Ron) with no called tiles made beforehand.
    But I'm just one tile away from Shousuushi* *Yakuman where the winning hand contains three trios of winds and the pair is also made from wind tiles.
    But I really want to make Tsuisou*... *Yakuman where winning hand is compsoed solely of winds and dragons.
    It's not only about the tiles...

It's a world that changes each time.
    Let's have fun! Come and be my next mark!

Notes:

++ "NEGI wo shottekoi" is a slangy way to say "NEGI wo seottekoi" which comes from the idiom: "kamo ga negi wo seottekuru" (the duck is carrying an onion on its back) which is an idiom meaning like "doing things that don't do much for you, but make things convenient for others", but also has a side-meaning of someone who very easy to trick or gull (the "duck") walking blithely into a trap and even helping his/her assailants by being a super-easy mark.

+++ This is super-hard to translate. The combination ("yoineten no konran" as either "(yoineten) no konran" or "yoine no (ten no konran)", etc.) doesn't appear in any dictionary, Japanese or English, and I looked up Mahjong shorthand and lingo and "ten" doesn't even appear to be used as an abbreviation for Tenhou, but I thought it was the best guess considering the context of the song being about trying to make crazy hands. Also "yoine" typically means "going to bed early" or "taking an evening nap" (it can be literally like a royal version of "ii ne", but that seems unlikely given the character singing it, so I stayed with the "yoine" as "early bedtime" reading), so it could be a colloquial way of saying "Tenhou early in the match", which, as a yakuman, usually means the match is over then and there. But, I could be completely off. Someone both fluent in Japanese and Mahjong slang/lingo can maybe correct me if I'm wrong.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2022 08:50 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: Lyrics correction for Saki: "Mahjon Tenshi ni Kakomarechau"

Hello,
    Let me first start by saying you don't need to post a thread if you're the one who posted the song, instead you can PM me any changes. Next may I ask that when you post/send corrections, could you please link to them, as even though I remember it being posted recently and could find it, there are times when it's annoying to find.
    I'm happy to make your adjustments (in fact, I've already made them), but could I suggest moving the definitions of mahjong moves into the notes as well, like you can see here: https://www.animelyrics.com/doujin/n...selenetide.htm instead? I'm happy to reformat it for you if you like the idea but don't have the time. The reason I'm suggesting this is because lines are very long horizontally as a result of the definitions, such that they're wider than my monitor and as such much wider than the average song.

Closed Thread

Thread Information