AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: [REQ] English translation, wacci - Betsu no hito no kanojo ni natta yo

Junior Member thorbergson is on a distinguished road thorbergson's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-20-2019 08:07 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default [REQ] English translation, wacci - Betsu no hito no kanojo ni natta yo

別の人の彼女になったよ

Is anyone interested? I have zero Japanese, and Google translation is garbage. It's a good song. Looks like the original video is not available outside Japan, but there is a crazy amount of covers:

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...81%9F%E3%82%88

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2022 08:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: [REQ] English translation, wacci - Betsu no hito no kanojo ni natta yo

Hello, I quickly tossed together a translation as a one off. I presumed you didn't need kanji or romaji so I didn't prepare them. It was done pretty quickly so there may be bits that are a bit patchy. I'll gloss here that when I use "unfair" I mean she's just not playing by the rules because she was supposed to have broken up with her old boyfriend for good to move onto the new one and even so, having done that, now she's wanting to get back together, so it makes it unfair (idk if that needed to be glossed but oh well).
    I've also yet to listen to the song so I hope it's the right song and it isn't complete trash ahahaha
    EDIT: I listened to it and it wasn't really my jam, but then again it is wacci and at least they had キラメキ to their name... oh well.
    also kinda dubious hearing a dude singing i've become someone else's girlfriend...

I've become someone else's girlfriend
    This time, it's not someone like you
    Who gets super excited together with me
    It's someone grown-up who's calm, collected and really treats me well

This time, it's not someone who's doing something as dumb as crying more than me when watching a film
    It's a person that's knowledgeable about anything you throw at him, truly a respectable person

And it doesn't just stop at kissing and his attitude,
    He clearly tells me the words he ought to be telling me- "I love you"
    Forget shouting matches, we don't even have arguments
    In fact, there's not anything about him to get angry about

So I can't see you anymore, I'm sorry
    So you too, quickly
    Become someone else's boyfriend

I'm not like the me when I was with you, able to laugh even when not wearing make-up
    I'm trying my hardest to keep my fashion game on point and keep my act together

I'm not like the me when I was with you, complaining in a loud voice
    Because even if do that I'll get told off a little bit

He hates talking about dreams and hopes
    And is always properly looking at the reality, you see
    And he only says what is proper and true and so
    I've been minding my manners without revealing my true self this whole time

So you too, quickly become someone else's boyfriend... but I'm unfair so

So I'm missing you already, I'm sorry
    So I miss you... that's unfair, isn't it
    So you too, quickly become someone else's boyfriend
    Before I end up calling you...
    Last edited by Fuukanou; 02-10-2020 at 09:13 PM. Reason: oops found mistakes

3. Thanks thorbergson thanked for this post
    Likes thorbergson liked this post
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Re: [REQ] English translation, wacci - Betsu no hito no kanojo ni natta yo

Wow that was a wish quickly granted, thank you!

I'm sorry if the track wasn't your cuppa. And that small print actually made me laugh out loud, in part at my own silliness. I supposed Google translate was confusing the implied subject and the first line went "YOU became someone else's girlfriend", and by extension, it was a song of how "I" was struggling not to call "YOU". Was I in for a surprise though. That kinda gives a strange vindictive/morbid twist to the song. As you say, oh well...

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

They have uploaded a new vid for this song which is available to view outside Japan. It's some kind of manga.

Junior Member Ani95 is on a distinguished road Ani95's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2019 04:54 PM
    Threads

I came across this song by covers recently and wanted to find an English translation that wasn't spewed out from google translate. I was also a little confused that in the original a guy is the one singing this and from your translation it really does seem to be from the female's perspective.

I tried to resolve the perspective by seeing it as the guy recalling what she said to him and he's trying to understand her words. Listening to the original you can really feel the emotion of him trying come to terms with their relationship and how she told him to become someone else's boyfriend at the end.

Most people wouldn't recall a whooole conversation like this out loud (or in song format for that matter!) but the same idea is there where you can repeat stuff to yourself to understand it's true meaning. (That's what he's doing in the song)

It to me seems like a song about two people that broke up but the one that broke up rediscovered those feelings again but was in another relationship at the time. Everyone's just in a pickle at this stage haha

Edit: Female covers of this song also feel different to male covers, or is that just my bias?? xD
    Last edited by Ani95; 11-07-2019 at 04:57 PM.

Junior Member roseframe is on a distinguished road roseframe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-15-2020 08:25 AM
    Threads

If you are interested, then I can help with the translation in Japanese.

Junior Member Annie38 is on a distinguished road Annie38's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2021 11:44 AM
    Threads

I'm also unhappy with the google translator's translation. It's 2020, and they still can't tune the algorithms correctly.

Closed Thread

Thread Information