AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [News] Microsoft rolls out Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default [News] Microsoft rolls out Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Finally, here it is ... version 1903, claimed to be a must have by a lot of tech enthusiasts.

These are some of the changes:
    • Light theme: It appears to be a rejigged version of the white theme that already existed within the operating system, but it can give your computer a crisp, modern look, allowing you to turn all aspects of the user interface white, if you should wish to do so;
    • Kaomoji support: Kaomoji are symbols and faces made up of 'standard' characters - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - that can be used to represent all manner of things;
    • Windows Sandbox: Windows Sandbox is a new feature design to allow you to test the legitimacy of .exe files and programmes that you may not fully trust. Very useful to avoid possible virus infections;
    • Accounts: A new settings page for Sign-in options. Password-less phone number accounts available for other accounts you set up on your PC.
    Microsoft is also launching a health dashboard website alongside the latest update to Windows 10, which offers users information on the latest updates, and any known issues that have been found and are being investigated.

These are only a very short list of new features and changes. An extensive list of changes can be found - here -.

As per usual, the upgrade will be available in stages, so don't worry, if you don't get it today. It will come.

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

Default Re: [News] Windows 10 May 2019 Update available for download

I'm curious to try out the phone connectivity app, that might come in handy.

3. Likes Miss Moonlight liked this post
    Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2020 04:24 PM
    Threads

Default Re: [News] Microsoft rolls out Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Not to sound like the party pooper here, but this is sooo Microsoft! Always quick to add new features to Windows yet reluctant to fix the existing issues with old ones. As for the update, the only features that appeal to me is Windows Sandbox and the option to uninstall some of the built in apps - the rest seem to be cosmetic additions for which I care less.

On a side note, I really wish Microsoft would fix the built-in Photos app instead of adding more and more tacky features like the silly image-to-video functions. It's fast and sleek looking--I'll give it that; but even to this day it's still inexcusably buggy and unpolished. The app still renders images inaccurately (thus they still retain a softened appearance at 100% magnification), still tends to freeze and then shut down without notice upon opening files with quite long file names, still integrates with the Windows shell to a lesser extent than its more reliable (if lesser featured) predecessor as you can no longer cycle through images in a given directory should you open one with a shortcut file, and for no apparent reason, still negatively affects the appearance of certain image thumbnails in File Explorer, causing them to display with transparency and/or scaling issues. Oh, and the bare-bones slide show feature is also quite limited and frankly IrfanView pisses on it in that department while being more relevant as an image viewer, not to mention less demanding on system resources. Unfortunately unlike Photos, IrfanView lacks shell integration and does not support Windows Search which I tend to use extensively. For this reason, Photos remains my default image viewer while IrfanView is reserved for analytical viewing, batch processing and slideshows. This setup is not ideal however and it's somewhat frustrating because in truth I think Photos is a very capable image viewer underneath it all, except Microsoft has an awful habit of expanding their built-in apps to the point that they eventually bleed into each other and converge to the point that they might as well be one app.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

I already have Windows 10, so I suppose the new features will upload automatically. They problem is I don't really think I need any of them.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Junior Member rubytum is on a distinguished road rubytum's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2019 02:54 PM
    Threads

My laptop's sound has been gone beacuse of the last update

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information