AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fruits Basket (Furuba) 2019

Reservoir n00b Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Floppy Fox 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2019 10:51 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: xtycke

Default Fruits Basket (Furuba) 2019

OK so I'm kind of biased considering this is the first manga I ever read and the manga/anime I credit for getting me into the genre, but I'll try to keep this impartial.

Looks:
    8/10 - the animation is STUNNING. However, the fights lack depth. This isn't really a fighting anime so I don't hold that against it too much but for a show that does feature infighting I think it's important enough to dock 2 points.

Story:
    (not complete, but I'm drawing from my knowledge of the manga and what I've seen of the anime)

7/10 - the anime is actually adding perspective to the manga/original anime that wasn't included before and I think that's a huge bonus. However, this is a total shoujo and reverse-harem anime, so if you're not into that, this show probably isn't for you... I am making my husband watch it though. Am I a sadist?

Characters:

8/10

Whether you like this anime or not doesn't change the fact that there's a broad range of characters that all go through their own changes, have their own challenges, and are very fleshed out for the most part. This anime has 3, if not 15, important characters all with very specific personalities. However, I think some shows, such as Ouran High Shool Host Club, can really dive much deeper into the personalities of the ~6/7 important characters vs the 15 in this show.

Overall:

7/10

I think the fact that this is a shoujo and reverse harem really damper the appeal of this show. I think OHSHC is better in almost every way in regards to humor but this show definitely tackles drama much more seriously than OHSHC.

Let me know what you think of my review in the comments!

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

Default Re: Fruits Basket (Furuba) 2019

Thanks for your review! I watched the original 10 years ago now, and I don't remember much about it, other than I liked it. I am waiting for this version to be done or almost done, and then I'm going to re-watch the original, and then watch this version.

As for your comparison of Ouran, that does sound about right. While I remember liking the original series fine, I've never had the urge to rewatch this (Until this version was announced) and I usually rewatch everything a million times, and watch Ouran at LEAST once every two years.

3. Thanks Tycke thanked for this post
    Likes Tycke liked this post
    Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

I didn't like the original, and never finished the series. You make the new series sound a bit deeper, though. It's a remake and not a sequel, right? I will give it a shot if I get the chance.

5. Likes Tycke liked this post
    Reservoir n00b Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    I didn't like the original, and never finished the series. You make the new series sound a bit deeper, though. It's a remake and not a sequel, right? I will give it a shot if I get the chance.
    Aye, sir! This is a remake that's adding new stuff to the original and will also (hopefully/should) follow the manga to completion, where the previous anime spun off in its own direction and ended half way through the story.

I say give it a shot but it's not much different so you'll probably still hate it and I don't blame you. It's definitely a chick anime.
    Last edited by Tycke; 05-04-2019 at 11:02 PM.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Chick anime is not usually my thing. But if there is a good story, I will watch.

Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Do you want some spoilers?

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by tycke View Post
    do you want some spoilers?
    no!

10. Likes Tycke liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information