AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saturday Night Question

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2022 08:50 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Default Saturday Night Question

Ahh this one's been bugging me for ages:
    Full kanji: https://pastebin.com/819Kfv5q
    Full romaji: https://pastebin.com/Yt1Skwfs
    Full translation: https://pastebin.com/McuJSW7k

Problem 1
    チャンス到来モノに出来たら
    じゃあねお先に失礼します
    そんな強がり空回りかな

Once a chance presents itself,
    'Okay, I'll take my leave here'
    I wonder if acting tough like that is getting me anywhere…

What's bugging me is the モノに出来る bit. I thought it meant 'make one's own' but I don't really know how you make getting a chance your own. Is it 'once I'm able to take advantage of a chance that appears' or something like that?

Problem 2
    飛び散ったパズルの忘れかけた言葉とカケラ探し
    隙間もなく埋めたいんだ
    戻らない時間と作り上げた小さな過去の答え
    次の扉開けたのなら

I search for almost forgotten fragments and words from a scattered puzzle
    I want to fill it in leaving no gaps
    I'll find the time that won't come back, and answers from a small fabricated past
    Once I've opened the next door…

It seems like it's just a random fragment floating in the verse so I assumed it was an example of what is being searched for. I also have mental bracket problems going on as to whether it's (作り上げた小さな過去)の答え or 作り上げた小さな(過去の答え) [so if it's a normal-sized answer from a small fabricated past or a small fabricated answer from a normal-sized past]. Am I just missing something here- are there any rules to this or is it a completely case-by-case thing?
    Last edited by Fuukanou; 04-15-2019 at 05:32 PM.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2023 08:47 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: Saturday Night Question

are there any rules to this
    I don't think so, or at least I haven't noticed any. There are more ambiguities as well:
    • is it an answer from the past, i.e., learning from the past, or is it an answer for the past, i.e., helping you understand the past?
    • at a broader level, is it "answer relating to (time and past), or is it "time and (answer relating to the past)"?
    The main rule I know is that you can eliminate possibilities that are nonsense, but after that you're free to interpret lyrics in a way that best makes sense to you. Sometimes the intonation helps guide the intent so listen carefully. Listening a few times can help, especially letting the lyrics flow and absorbing them in the native language without thinking about translating. If there's a video, watch it carefully as there might be a clue.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    bambooXZX will become famous soon enough bambooXZX's Avatar
    Gil
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-18-2023 04:37 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

EDIT: oops disregard this, I was thinking out loud and actually still need to do more research
    Last edited by bambooXZX; 04-19-2019 at 05:35 PM.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2022 08:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Raichu View Post
    • is it an answer from the past, i.e., learning from the past, or is it an answer for the past, i.e., helping you understand the past?
    • at a broader level, is it "answer relating to (time and past), or is it "time and (answer relating to the past)"?

That's a very good point. I reckon you're actually right with the (time and past) point. I feel like that actually probably makes the most sense, but I'm still riding on the assumption that it's what she's looking for or what she's going to fill in the puzzle with- perhaps it's what she'll find when she opens the door (thinking on it now that's probably it)

@bambooXZX , I'm not actually 100% sure if chansu tourai is a set phrase, I just assumed because I had seen it in the same form in Pure Pure Heart that it was. Might just be a coincidence.
    Last edited by Fuukanou; 04-20-2019 at 10:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information