AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Road Roller Stampede

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2023 08:47 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Road Roller Stampede

Can anyone help me with this song?

Lyrics: http://lenslyrics.ml/roadrollerstampede.html
    Click on "English" to see draft translation.
    Click the play tab to listen, but it might not add much to just reading the lyrics.

The bits I'm struggling to understand are:
    1. 既読の並んだ同調圧力 (kidoku no naranda dōchōatsuryoku)→peer pressure in a list of read messages (?)
    2. 作り手機械と思ってるヤツ (tsukurite kikai to omotte'ru yatsu)→those who think they're a building machine (?)
    3. 悪者決めつけ衰退論を (warumono kimetsuke suitairon o)→theory of decline of being branded as baddies (?)

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what these things be referring to? Any feedback welcome!

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2022 08:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: Road Roller Stampede

Number 1 sounds like the singer has been getting multiple (並んだ) peer-pressure texts that they've read (and perhaps they're not doing anything about them resulting in accumulation or perhaps they're just being pressured a lot)

Number 2 sounds like 'people who think of themselves as robots on a production line'
    Number 3 sounds like it's more of the pretty low idea of baselessly branding people as baddies (hence the singer wants to trample the idea)

Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Ah yes #2 makes sense now, thanks for that.

Your interpretation of #1 is exactly what I thought, only I'm wondering what kind of real-life situation it could be referring to? Could it be a Japanese thing, where there's a lot of pressure to conform?

With #3, could "theory of decline" be suggesting that society has degraded into branding social outcasts as doing something wrong?

PS On their blog, AnnMelts-P says "日々のストレスをこの曲で踏み潰していきましょう!" So it sounds like it has to do with real issues people face day by day.
    Last edited by Raichu; 04-05-2019 at 05:23 PM.

bambooXZX will become famous soon enough bambooXZX's Avatar
    Gil
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-18-2023 04:37 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

#1: I think it's about how when the other person can see that you've read their message, now you need to worry about the impression you give by not replying promptly (because communication is pain, so of course you don't want to reply promptly). They know that if you haven't replied, it's because you chose not to.
    I can visualize the multiplicity of 並んだ in a few ways:
    -It's a group chat, so if something is said directed at you, everyone will know that you're sitting on it, and you in turn know that everyone else knows.
    -You just keep on getting separate messages that are a hassle to deal with, so the feeling builds up every time.

Caveat: I don't actually know what communications are like in the Japanese workplace, or workplaces in general. Most of the people I know work at companies that use programs without 既読 functionality (namely Slack), but I can definitely see this happening on Facebook, LINE, etc. (Maybe I'm leaning too hard into the job angle; if we extend it to more of everyday life, then yeah, this is definitely a thing.)

#2: could also be bosses/peers who see you as the robot; not actually sure whether that's more or less likely than people who see themselves that way (which one would the speaker be more inclined to steamroll? not so clear-cut :V)
    Last edited by bambooXZX; 04-05-2019 at 08:08 PM.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2022 08:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Raichu View Post
    With #3, could "theory of decline" be suggesting that society has degraded into branding social outcasts as doing something wrong?
    Well, it's pretty wrong to just unilaterally decide (決め付ける) that someone's a baddie, kinda like SJWs these days.
    So the theory of decline is suggesting society has degraded (which is what's wrong) into branding people as baddies.

Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by bambooXZX View Post
    #2: could also be bosses/peers who see you as the robot; not actually sure whether that's more or less likely than people who see themselves that way (which one would the speaker be more inclined to steamroll? not so clear-cut :V)
    Ah I see, probably more like those who think of workers as robots.

#1: I think it's about how when the other person can see that you've read their message, now you need to worry about the impression you give by not replying promptly. [...]They know that if you haven't replied, it's because you chose not to. [...] It's a group chat, so if something is said directed at you, everyone will know that you're sitting on it
    Peer pressure makes more sense if everyone knows you've read something without replying ... I've never used facebook, instant messaging, etc. so I didn't know that could happen.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! At least you know I've read this and that I've replied

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information