AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stupid Anime Characters

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Wink Stupid Anime Characters

First, take a look at these:

And now it’s my turn. But I am only going to list my top 5 stupid anime characters.

5. Black Star from Soul Eater. He’s tough, all right. But he’s also full of himself, and that gets this idiot into trouble which normal people would avoid. Fortunately, this Maester has Tsubaki as his weapon, who also acts as an older sister.

4. Yasuna from Kill Me Baby. Yasuna would be a normal schoolgirl, if it weren’t for two things. First, she wants to be best friends with her classmate Sonja, who also happens to be a professional assassin. Second is her stupidity. Yasuna’s plans to either become Sonja’s friend, or to outsmart her, usually end painfully for Yasuna.

3. Patty from Soul Eater. Dumber than dumb Patty and her sister Liz are two of the funniest characters in Soul Eater. Liz is a bit of a coward when it comes to danger, while Patty laughs at danger because she is too stupid to know what it is. Odd that they have a dark backstory. The sisters, who are both weapons, lived on the street committing armed robbery to stay alive. When they try to hold up Death the Kid, he offers them a chance to become his weapons. The girls credit Kid with saving them from a life of crime, and thus are loyal to him. But that did not stop Patty from drawing a giraffe on her test paper.

2. Mako from Kill la Kill. It is impossible not to love little Mako. Though she is Ryoko’s sidekick, Mako is the heart and soul the series setting the breakneck pace – and all by being clueless and stupid. Then again when you meet her family, you can see how intelligence levels can be hereditary -- even when low.

1. Isaac and Miria from Baccano!! Yup, you have to list these thieves together. They are a team. One cannot exist without the other. And as mentioned in both videos, it takes them seventy years to figure out they are immortal. Still they are likable and have hearts of gold. Remember how Isaac risked his life to save Czeslaw? Yes, even idiots can be heroic. Isaac and Miria are supporting characters in the various story-lines, but they are the ones who hold the entire series together – dumb as they are.

Your turn. List your favorite stupid anime characters, or I will have Mako sing for you.

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

Default Re: Stupid Anime Characters

I'll give this some thought!

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Takatofan1986 View Post
    I'll give this some thought!
    I'll be waiting.

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Sorry I haven't been online a ton the last few days ^^

I could only really think of a few that weren't already mentioned:

Asuma Kazuma - Yakitate!! Japan: Unless it's about bread, he's an idiot. - No, even 'about' bread, he's an idiot. He spent his life trying to create a Japanese bread, and tried many variations, without any actual bread knowledge. So, for example, episode 3 or so, he was told he needed to make a Croissant, but he didn't know what that was. (Insert Japanese pun about the word for Croissant sounding like "Mr. Kuro-san" and wanting to know who that was.) But once he saw what it was, he said, "Oh! That's my Japan variation #(Insert number)" and that happens a lot through the show. He's an idiot genius when it comes to bread. Otherwise... he's just an idiot.

The only other ones that I can think of were already mentioned in the videos. I'll never understand how Ash wanted to be a Pokemon master, had a room filled with Pokemon toys, yet knew LITERALLY NOTHING about them.

I can think of a lot of other characters who had dumb moments, but I can't really think of many who were all around dumb.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Asuma Kazuma - Yakitate!! Japan: Unless it's about bread, he's an idiot. - No, even 'about' bread, he's an idiot. He spent his life trying to create a Japanese bread, and tried many variations, without any actual bread knowledge. So, for example, episode 3 or so, he was told he needed to make a Croissant, but he didn't know what that was. (Insert Japanese pun about the word for Croissant sounding like "Mr. Kuro-san" and wanting to know who that was.) But once he saw what it was, he said, "Oh! That's my Japan variation #(Insert number)" and that happens a lot through the show. He's an idiot genius when it comes to bread. Otherwise... he's just an idiot.
    I heard something about that series once. Never saw it. But:

Gil
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    I heard something about that series once. Never saw it. But:

Exactly XD

Reservoir n00b Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Floppy Fox 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2019 10:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: xtycke

Does Saitama from One Punch Man count? He acts pretty stupid sometimes.

My absolute favorite is Usagi from Sailor Moon. If I had to do a top 5 (minus questionable Saitama. I'm also pairing based on creator) it would probably look like this:

5. Maes Hughes (FMA) - only because he really isn't an idiot...but he does pretend to be!
    4. Kamina (Gurren Lagann) & Dandy (Space Dandy) & Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivruski IV (Cowboy Bebop...also not a true idiot but definitely acts like one)
    3. Yukari Tanizaki & Tomo Takino (Azumanga Daioh)
    2. Tohru Honda (Fruits Basket)
    1. Usagi Tsukino (my OG favorite idiot who got me into anime in the first place)

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I will have to add Space Dandy to my list. Though Meow and QT aren't exactly mental giants either.

9. Likes Tycke liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

There were a lot of characters I thought about like Dandy, but I wasn't sure I'd call him all around stupid. Maybe I took the topic too seriously.

*Jokingly* Don't you call my Huges a stupid character!! *Still crying about what happened to him* ... No but in all seriousness, that was a cover, he was smart. He was the one who figured everything out before anyone else, and that's why he was... taken care of. But I can see why someone could say that.

11. Likes Tycke liked this post
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

*Jokingly* Don't you call my Huges a stupid character!! *Still crying about what happened to him* ... No but in all seriousness, that was a cover, he was smart. He was the one who figured everything out before anyone else, and that's why he was... taken care of. But I can see why someone could say that.
    It was all that carrying on about his daughter that made Hughes look like a joke. Of course it was all a facade. Behind that fool's mask was a calculating mind. Obviously he put on an idiot front to throw the enemy off track. Unfortunately, it did not work.

13. Likes Tycke, Takatofan1986 liked this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Mihoshi

Yamamoto from Captain Tyler

Celty (She literally has no brain)

Gluttony

Mr. Satan

Blackstar

Light Yagami (Seriously how do you get caught with a magic notebook!?)

Sailor Moon

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Reservoir n00b Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Floppy Fox 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2019 10:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: xtycke

There were a lot of characters I thought about like Dandy, but I wasn't sure I'd call him all around stupid. Maybe I took the topic too seriously.

Oh, I know, but he played an idiot well, which is why he's on my list.

16. Likes Takatofan1986 liked this post
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Celty was one of the more intelligent characters in Durarara.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information