AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gungrave Discussion

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2024 09:00 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Post Gungrave Discussion

Gungrave starts out as one of the best gangster anime series ever. It's sort of a throw-back to the old classic Hollywood gangster films of the 1930's and 1940's. If it would have stayed just a gangster anime, I would have been pleased.

But suddenly towards the end it turns into a sci-fi series. I know this is where the series was going to be heading. But my question is, for those who have seen the series, did you find the sudden change in direction disconcerting or distracting?

It's been a while since I have seen this series. But I think I remember the important parts fairly well.

Look over there ---> Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Hyundai Coupe Mario Bowser Shell Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2022 04:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: PrinnyBombed

Default Re: Gungrave Discussion

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. This anime shows how true that can be.

It's been a while for me as well. I get what you mean with the sci-fi bit. Those undead soldiers were kind of a disappointment in a gangster anime, but at the same time without that technology Grave couldn't exist as he was either.

One thing that I didn't like was seeing Maria

getting with an 80 year old man. He may have not been that old but still. If she really loved Brandon she should have done more to get with him. They both knew that they loved each other, so it just really didn't sit right with me. It would have been better for the series if the little girl was Brandon's child.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2024 09:00 PM
    Threads

That point I sort of forget. Maria was not able to be with Brandon for some reason? I forget the details.

But the sci-fi part would have worked better if it had been part of the plot from the beginning, instead of having the series take a sudden turn. I like surprises, but this plot twist just did not make total sense. Though I guess you are right in that it was needed for the plot.
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 04-15-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Look over there ---> Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Hyundai Coupe Mario Bowser Shell Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2022 04:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: PrinnyBombed

I don't think there was any real reason. He just sort of distanced himself as he worked for the organization. As I recall he was always like that though and she loved him anyways.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information