So it's been about a year since we last did a translation challenge, and I'm here to gauge interest in doing another one. This year I'm proposing a simplified ruleset, as follows:
  1. To participate, you should sign up in this thread committing to a number of songs to translate during the month of April. The general rule of thumb is that the minimum target is ten songs for translators who have been active for two years or less or have twenty or fewer translations on the site and twenty-four for everyone else, but this is now flexible. The important thing is that it should be a challenge for you and not something you can easily complete without trying too hard, but being a veteran translator doesn't mean you don't struggle to find the time to translate ten songs in a month.
  2. You may, if you want to, list specific titles of songs that you plan to translate. There is no requirement that you do this at all or, if you choose to do it, that a certain number/percentage of your total number should be specified. If you sign up to do twenty-four songs, for example, you can list anywhere between zero and twenty-four specific songs, depending on your preference for having a set list to go down (and ensuring that no one else is planning to translate the same songs you are, though I don't think that's a huge problem) vs. having the flexibility to work on whatever you feel like at the moment.
  3. The challenge will begin at 12:00 AM on April 1 in your time zone and end at 11:59 PM on April 30 in your time zone.
  4. During the challenge period, I will try to keep track of everyone's progress and edit links to finished translations into sign-up posts, but I may miss things, in which case you can let me know and/or edit the link into your post yourself.
  5. If you complete the number of translations you signed up for before 11:59 PM on April 30th, you will win a "prize" (i.e. a tacky forum gift) and a sense of accomplishment. (Maybe the true prize was the translations we made along the way! Or something like that.)

So, if you're interested, let me know! You don't necessarily have to have a number and/or a song list ready to go in your first comment in this post, but I do want to know sooner rather than later if enough people are interested to make this worth doing.