AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime

Junior Member runt32a is on a distinguished road runt32a's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2019 05:15 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BloodyRedRaven Steam ID: BloodyButton

Default That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime

Has anyone else watched this show. I find it interesting that he comes back as a slime as the time says of course. The things he does and the characters he in counters as you watch the show is interesting. If you haven't watch this show. Please do not judge the show off the first three episodes. Those are builder uppers to what really goes on. In terms of how he becomes what he is. He is very chill and like to avoid conflict and pretty funny. Anyways let me know what ya'll think of the show.

Reservoir n00b Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Floppy Fox 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2019 10:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: xtycke

Default Re: That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime

I think it's pretty alright. Awfully wholesome. I like that it's a society building anime along with being a general fantasy. I'm getting a little bored of it now in the most recent episodes though.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

Oh, it's a show? I thought you were talking about a personal experience!

I assume we are talking about an anime. What is the premise?

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Reservoir n00b Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Oh, it's a show? I thought you were talking about a personal experience!

I assume we are talking about an anime. What is the premise?
    Guy gets killed and is reincarnated in another world as a slime monster. In this new world he befriends and unites a variety of monsters. The protagonist has a friendly personality and is also extremely powerful which earns him many friends and allies. He is building a society of peaceful monsters but there are some in the world who want to sow chaos. The question is whether he'll change the world to be prosperous and have harmony among both humans and monsters, or if those who want chaos will take control of the world.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tycke View Post
    Guy gets killed and is reincarnated in another world as a slime monster. In this new world he befriends and unites a variety of monsters. The protagonist has a friendly personality and is also extremely powerful which earns him many friends and allies. He is building a society of peaceful monsters but there are some in the world who want to sow chaos. The question is whether he'll change the world to be prosperous and have harmony among both humans and monsters, or if those who want chaos will take control of the world.
    You mean, it's another high school anime?

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I have enjoyed this anime so far, but there are parts to it that really bug me.

I like the fact that it does not indulge in the harem cliche. It doesn't subject us to the bullshit of seeing cute anime girls fight for the attention of a main character who they secretly admire but claim to dislike.

I think there is something initially very interesting about the other world which slime ends up in. It gets one curious about what slime's goal will be, what are the extent of his powers, and what sort of threats exist in the world. Most viewers are going to be used to the JRPG cliches, but still wonder how they will manifest in slime's new world.

The main character slime is a very easy going character that is probably relatable for a lot of anime fans. There's something interesting about a person who wasn't very power hungry or ambitious suddenly becoming overpowered and not being sure what to do with it. There is an optimism to the show that somewhat refreshing compared to the more brutal anime we've gotten recently.

I admittedly am not very good at determining why I find this show compelling. That being said, it's more obvious to me what I don't like about the show.

The most fitting title for the main character Rimuru would be "Slime Jesus". He becomes a sort of messiah character, but that's only because he never gets put into situations where he has to make a tough decision. Also, a lot of his kindness works out only because the story won't acknowledge certain complexities to reality.

For example, monster groups will go to war with each other. Each side will have monster casualties. Rimuru will win the war for whichever side he's aligned with and then be completely merciful to the other side. We should expect there to be feelings of resentment and desire for revenge among the monster groups. Their friends and family members were killed, afterall. Instead, the monsters drop all hostility and get along because Slime Jesus said so. I find it distasteful that none of the monsters appear to struggle with Rimurus kindness. It's not as if Rimuru has lost loved ones in the battles, so it's very easy for him to forgive the other side.

Another thing I don't like is how Rimuru doesn't consider himself a hero, but the story won't commit to the consequences of that. What I mean is, whenever someone is in need, we have to go through some rigmarole to rationalize why it is in Rimuru's self interest to go save said someone. It always conveniently works out that way. It could make Rimuru a lot less likable of a character if he turned a blind eye to an injustice that he could have relatively easily prevented, but I want that risk to be taken if a story is going to have a reluctantly heroic or non heroic protagonist.

7. Thanks Tycke thanked for this post
    Likes runt32a liked this post
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

@Wio The thing that bothers me most is there's no sense of urgency or true conflict. Like you said, everything just seems to "work out". It's fine for awhile since there aren't a ton of issekai like this but I'm not sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for this next episode like I should considering "if you mess up you can always try again". I had a little laugh when Rimuru thought to himself that this task will be hard simply because he was just told he can always try again. If this was a once in a lifetime chance I might be more invested but everything just seems too convenient in this show.

9. Likes Wio, runt32a liked this post
    Junior Member runt32a is on a distinguished road runt32a's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2019 05:15 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BloodyRedRaven Steam ID: BloodyButton

No not high school. The main character before he died was a grown man.
    It's that bout being with who you can live with, it's bout being with the one you can't live without.

Music is life. Gaming is emotion. Anime is everything in one.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information