OK. Here we go again. Once more the remnants of the human race, here called The Iron Tribe, faces extinction at the hands of their enemy, here known as the Silver Tribe. No particular reason. But the bad guys have some nasty space bugs.

Need I go on? Might as well. Heroic Age takes a familiar plot device and adds nothing to it.

The hero is named Age. Clever, huh? He’s a 15 year old kid who never had contact with other humans. But he can transform into this mecha thing called a Nodos, which is indestructible and promises to save mankind. And woman kind, especially Princess Dhaineila, who has a crush on the clueless Age. Age fits in well with the family known as the crew of the Argonaut. Only there are four other Nodos seeking to destroy Age.

Sounds good so far, right? But the whole “mankind on the brink of extinction” thing has been done before and done better. Plot development for Heroic Age ends with the writing of the premise. After that the story just serves as an excuse to give us action scenes. And they are good action scenes. But they do nothing to hide the fact that the story-line is thin and weak, and is pretty much drawn out needlessly.

I was mildly entertained at first, or at least enough to keep watching. But mid-way through season one, I noticed I was bored. When the first disc of season two arrived from Netflix, it was cracked. I took that as a sign I should give up on the series. I just did not care about the fate of Age, the Argonaut crew, or humanity at that point.

Heroic Age starts out well enough, but gets bogged down in cliches. Having the last of the human race again fight for survival seems like beating a dead horse. Only your mind can be more dead after watching this snooze fest.