AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Viewing Habits and a Bad Anime

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-12-2024 01:59 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Viewing Habits and a Bad Anime

What do you do when watching an anime which is really no good?

1. Stop watching.
    2. Give it a chance by watching a few more episodes in case it gets good.
    3. Watch it all to give it a fair chance.

With me, it depends on if it is a series or a movie. Movies I watch straight through, including the closing credits. I feel I need to see the whole thing to give it a fair assessment, and just in case there is something of interest towards the end. No matter how bad the film may be, I will suffer and sit through it all.

A series is a bit different. I now never stop watching all together after two or three episodes. I used to, but then I realized I was missing out on some great anime. For example, I gave up on Blue Gender after two episodes, but then everyone said it was so great. I later gave BG a second look, and it took about 5-6 episodes when it really hit its stride. Usually, I will give an anime 4-6 episodes, depending how many are on the disc. If it is really, really, really crap, I will give up on it.

But if it is just below normal and does not totally bore me, I will give it a full look. Maybe something will happen in the later episodes. I feel I should give it a chance, especially if I am going to write about it here. I only totally give up on the truly dismal series which are hard to keep awake for.

You?

Feed your cat!

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

Default Re: Viewing Habits and a Bad Anime

For me, it just depends on what the series is and what exactly my thoughts are. There have been a few I watched that by the first episode, even if it was a bad episode, I knew by what was going on.

Then there's shows like Nanbaka that seemed really fun, and I was enjoying it, but then it suddenly turned into a different show, and I didn't enjoy it anymore.

Then there's All Out. It was fine, it was okay, but after 5-10 episodes, I realized I wasn't really getting much out of it. I could have finished it and probably wouldn't have minded, but I just realized I didn't care enough to finish.

Then there's Naruto, where, I started watching it when I was a teenager, and saw it off and on in spurts, there were good eps, and bad eps, and finally one day in 2009 at around ep 150 of Shippuden, I just got tired of it. Like, I liked it when they actually went on missions, but that didn't seem to happen very often.

Then again, something that I never really understood was Yu Yu Hakusho. I don't watch anime for fighting, but Yu Yu Hakusho started out SO interesting. I loved the idea of him being a Spirit Detective and solving cases. There was fighting involved but I just dealt with it. I loved the cases and I loved the humor. But then came... the Dark Turnement. 40 episodes of pretty much nothing but fighting. In hindsight I really really can't believe I kept watching. Especially since at the time there was a big gap in new episodes. (More than a year.) But I guess I was just super invested in the characters and the story.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Takatofan1986 View Post
    Then there's Naruto, where, I started watching it when I was a teenager, and saw it off and on in spurts, there were good eps, and bad eps, and finally one day in 2009 at around ep 150 of Shippuden, I just got tired of it.
    Around episode 150 of any series, I get tired of it. Remember Inuyasha? Actually after only half that number, the episodes began repeating each other. I did a fan fic on another site some time back satirizing the repetition. The entire cast would be reading from old scripts for separate episodes and no one noticed. Maybe I can recreate that some time.

Feed your cat!

4. Likes Takatofan1986 liked this post
    Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Around episode 150 of any series, I get tired of it. Remember Inuyasha? Actually after only half that number, the episodes began repeating each other. I did a fan fic on another site some time back satirizing the repetition. The entire cast would be reading from old scripts for separate episodes and no one noticed. Maybe I can recreate that some time.

I'd read that.

I didn't mind InuYasha so much when I was watching it, but when it just kind of randomly ended, I was like, "...Okay, what was the point of all that?" XD (Though again, this was when I was younger, I probably wouldn't have stuck with it that long if I watched it now.)

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Takatofan1986 View Post
    I'd read that. :
    You must have been on that other website, whose name I wouldn't mention even if I remembered it.

I did do two Inuyasha spoofs here under fan fic. One was a year into the (unhappily) married life of Inuyasha and Kagome. Then I did do one of scenes I would like to see. When a show lasts for 9,231 episodes (yeah, I know it was not that many; it just seemed that way), there is a lot to make fun of.

Feed your cat!

🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

I never drop an anime regardless of quality. I learned that lesson years ago, when I nearly dropped Gurren Lagann because of the atrocious art in the fourth episode, but I kep watching because there was nothing else on and I absolutely loved the anime. I've also noticed that most 12ish episode anime tend to take 5 or 6 episodes to get good, and 24+ episode anime tend to take around 8-14.

That being said, Akame ga Kill is the only bad anime I've ever seen. Such a good concept done so badly.

My mood on a daily basis

Junior Member gpatday8472 is on a distinguished road gpatday8472's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2019 08:03 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    What do you do when watching an anime which is really no good?

1. Stop watching.
    2. Give it a chance by watching a few more episodes in case it gets good.
    3. Watch it all to give it a fair chance.
    It depends on how much violence there is. I am the type that not into heavy violence or into anime that abusive or kills kids. I normally give it 3 episodes. Goblin slayer I dropped after the 1st not only because that one scene but also the killing of kids.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieWolf2508 View Post
    I never drop an anime regardless of quality. I learned that lesson years ago, when I nearly dropped Gurren Lagann because of the atrocious art in the fourth episode, but I kep watching because there was nothing else on and I absolutely loved the anime. I've also noticed that most 12ish episode anime tend to take 5 or 6 episodes to get good, and 24+ episode anime tend to take around 8-14.

That being said, Akame ga Kill is the only bad anime I've ever seen. Such a good concept done so badly.
    Dimension High School it has good concept but it is terrible. I would of totally done it differently.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieWolf2508 View Post
    I never drop an anime regardless of quality. I learned that lesson years ago, when I nearly dropped Gurren Lagann because of the atrocious art in the fourth episode, but I kep watching because there was nothing else on and I absolutely loved the anime.
    I gave Gurren Lagann two tries, and never could get into it. And I can't tell you why. It seems to have a good story with strong characterizations, and good writing and artwork. So why don't I like it? I have no answer. I can't figure that out myself.

Feed your cat!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information