AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thread of fragments

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2022 08:50 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Default Thread of fragments

Hello,
    I'm not sure this happens to anyone else, but I often run into songs which I just can't translate one or two lines in and it completely bins the whole translation. I have decided to compile these sections together in hopes that someone can help me out on a couple. Things get a bit lengthy with romaji in so I hope you'll forgive my omission of it. I've bolded and commented on certain parts of the translation, the rest is there for context.

Kyokyo Jitsujitsu (nano.RIPE)
    籠の中から見上げた空 暮れゆく魔法に掛けられた
    囚われたままじゃ居られない 内側から響いた声が
    闘うべきは他でもない とりまぜ刷り込まれたキオクだ
    答えはヒトツと限らない 染まれるほどキレイじゃないさ

The sky I looked up upon from inside my cage had a darkening spell cast upon it
    "I can't keep being held captive" rang out a voice from inside me
    What I must fight against is none other than the muddled memories instilled inside me
    There's no telling if there's only one answer; it's not pretty enough to be dyed --> it's not clean-cut enough to be dyed a single colour

(Ignoring the temporary literal translation of everything else) The problem with this is that I don't get the poetic nature of it. If I were to take a guess as to what it means, the キレイ is the same idea as in 綺麗事 as in an unreasonably ideal idea and the 染まれる is like to dye it one single colour, making something like "it's not perfect enough to be summarised so simply" but I have no idea. I couldn't find any reference to 染まる being used like this.

Primalove (ClariS)
    言葉ができる前も言葉が変わっても
    同じように明日を夢見ている

Even if the words change before I can say them, --> Even if the words I seek change before I can even say them,
    We're dreaming of tomorrow in the same way --> We're both dreaming of the same future

No idea again here for the whole verse, it's some poetic thing but I'm not sure what it's trying to say. Is the できる talking about being able to say some certain words or is it just about being physically learning how to speak? How does dreaming of the future link to this?

Climber's High (Manami Nakamura)
    人波を外れていく影 歩幅合わせる気のない鼓動
    ただ…無関係だ、って眺めてた

Shadows growing detached from the crowd and heartbeats with no intention to keep in step
    I was gazing out just thinking "they're unrelated"

Nothing particular here, I was just hoping someone could check the translation.

リプレイされてく後悔の日々に(押し流されないように抗っても)
    戻らない面影が誘(いざな)う記憶の中の心
    失っていく 忘れ去っていくなら
    降りしきる痛みを 受け止めたまま 走り出すだけ

In these replaying days of regrets (even if I resist being washed away),
    My heart's in the middle of a memory recalled from a unreturning vestige
    If I'm losing it… if I'm going to completely forget it
    Then all I must do is take off running, still bearing the pain showering down upon me

Again, I'm unsure as to what it's talking about. What is a 戻らない面影 anyway?

Caste Room (ZAQ)
    迫り来る嘘の音 不安定な欺き
    逃げようとは思わない
    思い出を積み上げて 色濃くなる室温
    差し伸べるから掴んで 世界は君だけじゃない
    共に戦うよ

I do not think about escaping from
    The approaching sounds of lies and the unstable falsehoods
    I gain memories and the room temperature becomes more obvious
    I'll reach out to and then grab hold of you; you're not the only one in the world-
    I'll fight alongside you

Nope, no clue what the room temperature has to do with anything. Am I missing something or is it just unclear?

Thrill, Risk, Heartless (LiSA)
    欲しいものを願う切なさも
    当てもなく目指した憧れも
    形だけじゃ何の役にも立たないよ、その手で掴まなきゃ
    “So I'll be I'll be...”

Both the sadness of wishing for something you want
    And the admiration that made you set out without any plans --> And the longing that made you aim for nowhere in particular
    Just having them around, they won't be any use to you; you've gotta grab them with your hands
    "So I'll be I'll be…"

I believe it's talking about being inspired to set out to accomplish a goal without any clue how to get there, but I don't know how to phrase it succinctly. Or am I getting this wrong and it's the destination that's unknown? Am I aiming for something that I don't know?

Gray Blaze (Shiena Nishizawa)
    幼子のように危く自らを抑え込む戦場は
    全てに霧がかかったように暗い煉獄

On this battlefield where I barely keep my sense of self, like a small child-

It's as if fog was covering everything- a dark purgatory

Another translation check, am I getting the right idea from it?

もしこの世界から私だけなくなってしめば (I disappear)
    力なく暗闇へ落ちていく夢を何度もみた (in a nightmare)
    きっとそう、このままじゃ駄目だから 誓ってみせてくれ (without fear)
    あぁいつまでも蹲ってるこの罪の意識を(just be alive)
    抱えて もがいて
    許して 許して 許して 許して…

If only I were to vanish from this world (I disappear)
    I've seen countless dreams where I'm powerlessly falling into the darkness (in a nightmare)
    I'm sure that I can't keep going on like this, so promise me (without fear)
    Aah, this sinful consciousness that's always cowering in fear (just be alive)-
    I must bear it, struggle and
    Forgive it, forgive it, forgive it, forgive it…

Maybe I'm just geting paranoid because there was a imperative on the line before, but am I forgiving myself (so it's actually conjunctive) or am I seeking forgiveness (soft command)? It makes more sense to seek forgiveness but then it's not something for someone else to bear and struggle with...

Ref:rain (Aimer)
    ただ 足りなくて
    まだ 言えなくて
    数えた日の夢からさよならが
    What a good thing we lose?
    What a bad thing we knew
    触れられずにいれたら 笑えたかな?

It's just not enough
    And I just can't say it yet-
    A farewell after the dreams of those limited days
    What a good thing we lose?
    What a bad thing we knew
    Had I kept myself from touching you, would I have been able to smile?

Is it (数えた日)の夢からさよならが or 数えた(日の夢)からさよならが? I think it's the former but you really can't tell with songs. I also was unsure of what the 数えた was talking about and so I thought if she was counting the days then they were maybe not that many so perhaps it points at it being only a few days...? Am I just entering 'make up anything English essay' mode here?

Shiori (ClariS)
    読みかけのままで閉じたページ
    挟まれた栞淡い記憶
    そうだあの日光を見つけたんだ

I closed the page, still half unread
    The bookmark I had slotted in was a faint memory
    Ah yes, on that day, I found the light

Is it meant to be 挟まれた栞淡い記憶(だった) or 挟まれた栞 淡い記憶(に)? I honestly thought it was a 50-50 tossup so I just went with the former for now.
    Last edited by Fuukanou; 01-15-2019 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Adding adjustments from bluepenguin

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Default Re: Thread of fragments

#1: Could キレイ be "clean" here, i.e., whatever it is is too dirty to take the dye properly? Which would work with your interpretation of the underlying metaphor, I think.

#2: I would tend to assume that the future itself is the thing she finds herself unable to talk about--like, I'd interpret this basically as "Even though I can't seem to bring myself to discuss it with you, the future I want is the same one you want."

#4: I would interpret 憧れ here as "longing" more than "admiration." And 当てもなく does imply to me an unknown destination, but I may be wrong.

#5: I think your current interpretation of 許して is correct.

#6: I would understand it as (数えた日)の夢からさよならが. Not really sure what's going on with the 数えた, though.

3. Thanks Fuukanou thanked for this post
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2022 08:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: Thread of fragments

Thanks. I believe I have made the necessary adjustments. I'm not quite sure on Primalove's first line but I think I've got it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information