AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is Enel really god?

Junior Member Anime_Hunter is on a distinguished road Anime_Hunter's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-31-2019 04:52 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Is Enel really god?

Hi guys

I will be honest with you, I asked this question in a lot of forums and still didn't get an answer, in fact, if you searched for this question on google chances are the poster is me. And I also asked people that watch One Piece as well and I'm still looking for answers. And I'm not doing this because of any malicious intent, I genuinely don't know the answer.
    So I'm hoping to find an answer here.

In the Skypiea arc in the One Piece anime series, Enel, who is the main antagonist of that arc, says he's "god", is that true?

And if so, does he mean he’s A god, like Thor from the Marvel comic book franchise or does he mean he’s THE God, the one one that Muslims and Christians pray to?

And did any of the Straw Hat Pirates believed him?

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Reflecting Telescope Hattori Hanzo Steel Bleach Ichigo Mask
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2019 09:33 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: Is Enel really god?

Actually, that’s tricky when you compare it to Thor . Enel is not a god but because he has one of the strongest element devil fruit 雷/lightning (goro goro no mi) which makes him hear everything around him using his mantra/observation haki but in higher level and punch those who disobey him.
    I hope I could help here

Spoiler Alert, there is one scene that Nami believed when she is the only one survived the fact of his power which considered him as God because of this power.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sltnal View Post
    Actually, that’s tricky when you compare it to Thor . Enel is not a god but because he has one of the strongest element devil fruit 雷/lightning (goro goro no mi) which makes him hear everything around him using his mantra/observation haki but in higher level and punch those who disobey him.
    I hope I could help here

Spoiler Alert, there is one scene that Nami believed when she is the only one survived the fact of his power which considered him as God because of this power.

sorry about the late reply, I understood your first paragraph, but did Nami believed that he is God?

And if she did, is he really God?

I know you said no earlier, but I just want to make sure I understood everything.

Please forgive me if I'm being annoying in advance.
    Last edited by Anime_Hunter; 05-28-2019 at 05:23 AM.

Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

No you're good but I'll give little spoiler.

Nami did believe he is god depends on his power but after Luffy and Enel fighting at the Maxim she realized that he is no god.
    Enel believes himself and claims that he is god.

People in Skypea believed that he is god but after Conis told everyone there that he is not god and she didn't get a punishment then everybody believed her on that Enel is no god.

I hope I didn't give any spoiler for you.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sltnal View Post
    No you're good but I'll give little spoiler.

Nami did believe he is god depends on his power but after Luffy and Enel fighting at the Maxim she realized that he is no god.
    Enel believes himself and claims that he is god.

People in Skypea believed that he is god but after Conis told everyone there that he is not god and she didn't get a punishment then everybody believed her on that Enel is no god.

I hope I didn't give any spoiler for you.

Thanks for the help and sorry to bother you.

Just to make sure I get this right, Enel or believes and claims that he is God but he really isn't.

If I got anything wrong then please correct me without hesitation.

And once again, I apologize for my announce but I want to make sure I got this right.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

You welcome any time.

No problem at all and no need to be sorry.

Yes, you got it right about Enel.
    don't sign any...

Junior Member tomthemob is on a distinguished road tomthemob's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-09-2019 04:26 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Laniakea

Hmm, maybe he is god, Thor is taken from Norway what if Enel is taken from some other mythology, maybe Indian or something, in their culture Enel can be a god.
    Happy Bird is in SSF searching for ball,

🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

God was the title held by the ruler of Skypiea. Enel was just someone who held that title, which he had stolen from the previous ruler Gan Fall. He isn't god in the sense of a divine being, but he did hold the title.

However, the residents of Skypiea were also unfamiliar with the concept of Devil's Fruits, so when Enel showed up with the power of the Goru Goru no Mi, he was easily able to subjugate and control them through the use of his ability in tandom with "mantra" via fear, as they likely believed he was really a divine being.

Tl;dr: He's not god in the divine sense, but he was a ruler who was called "God."

Also fun fact- His attack are all named after various gods.

My mood on a daily basis

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information