AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: That Was Horrible!!

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default That Was Horrible!!

Q: Which anime do you despise and made you wish you hadn't wasted your time watching?
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Look over there ---> Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Hyundai Coupe Mario Bowser Shell Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2022 04:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: PrinnyBombed

Default Re: That Was Horrible!!

I used to use anidb religiously, watching 90% of what came out. There are way too many I regret wasting my time on.

🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

Akame Ga Kill. Some of the worst writing I've ever seen, despite starting off so well in the first episode.

Deadman Wonderland. I loved the manga and the show has one of my all time favorite OP's, but the show itself was so disappointing. It changed too many important things from the manga and the show ends abruptly right as the main character begins to become badass.

Tokyo Ghoul. Many people sing it's praises, but all I see is wasted potential. A super annoying OP and several easy to miss time skips with terrible pacing.
    Last edited by ZombieWolf2508; 12-29-2018 at 05:38 PM.

My mood on a daily basis

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieWolf2508 View Post
    Akame Ga Kill. Some of the worst writing I've ever seen, despite starting off so well in the first episode.

Deadman Wonderland. I loved the manga and the show has one of my all time favorite OP's, but the show itself was so disappointing. It changed too many important things from the manga and the show ends abruptly right as the main character begins to become badass.

Tokyo Ghoul. Many people sing it's praises, but all I see is wasted potential. A super annoying OP and several easy to miss time skips with terrible pacing.
    For Akame Ga Kill, it was the story line sucked big time. The whole story was an excuse to see how many characters they can kill in 12(?) episodes. Plus the ending was awful.

I liked Deadman Wonderland. The reason it ended so abruptly is because the ratings were low in Japan, so the second season was canceled before it even went into production.

I have never seen the ending of Tokyo Ghoul, so I can't say it never lived up to its promise. Cartoon Network's Adult Swim only showed the first two seasons. There are at least two more seasons.

------------------

I wish I hadn't wasted my time watching the Neo-Genesis Evangelion movies. I hated the series, so why did I bother with the movies? They were worst than the series. I didn't like the way they changed the original story. Shinji looked bad enough as it was. The first two movies made him seem worse like everything was his fault. The ending of the third movie was ridiculous. Everyone who I've seen comment on it seems to have made up their own ending.
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 12-29-2018 at 07:58 PM.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

@PictureGuy The worst thing about Deadman was that it cut several significant characters from the story, some of whom play huge parts in Ganta's development later on.

My mood on a daily basis

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieWolf2508 View Post
    @PictureGuy The worst thing about Deadman was that it cut several significant characters from the story, some of whom play huge parts in Ganta's development later on.
    I can see where that would upset those who think the anime should copy the manga 100%. I don't feel that way. The anime and the manga are two entirely different formats. I find too many characters in an anime to be a bit confusing at times. You don't really get a chance to know them all with only 12-13 half hour episodes a season.

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

I think I've mentioned that 10 years ago, I was best friends with a guy that I was in love with, (and he semi led me on, but anyway) I would do anything to spend more time with him. We would watch a lot of anime together, and while he introduced me to a lot of my favorites that I might not have known otherwise, there were also many other crappy ones that I hated watching, but just nodded along, because he wanted to. Such as:

(I didn't mean to inbed links, I just copy/pasted the names off MAL, but then, I'll leave them so they are easy if you are curious what they are)

Hakaba Kitarou
    Rosario to Vampire

Wellber no Monogatari: Sisters of Wellber
    Saint_Luminous_Jogakuin

I feel like there were more, but that's all I see off hand. After that fiasco was over, I got pretty picky with things I watch, and if I'm not interested in a series after 2-3 eps, I won't keep it up.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Takatofan1986 View Post
    if I'm not interested in a series after 2-3 eps, I won't keep it up.
    I used to be the same way. Now I will endure for at least 4-5 episodes, and even then try to force myself to watch it at least half-way through. I gave up on too many anime series which I later learned were pretty good.

When Blue Gender was on Adult Swim, I gave up on it after three episodes. Then I started reading from those who followed the series how great it was. AS was not into re-runs back then, so I had to get the DVD from Netflix. Sure enough around episode 4 or 5, it started to gel. I don't consider it a classic, but it was an interesting and entertaining series.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information