AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Underused Anime Characters

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Exclamation Underused Anime Characters

What anime character(s) do you think were underused? Maybe they were just interesting despite not having much to do with the main story. Or maybe their potential was never explored or realized. Whatever way you look at them, you wanted to see more of him/her/them.

I am going with twin sisters Mairu and Kururi Onhara from Durarara!!X2. Both intentionally develop personas opposite each other. One is lively, outgoing, and aggressive, the other is meek and shy. But like their older brother Izaya, they can more than handle themselves in a fight. Yet they are careful not to let the real Mairu and Kururi leak out.

Both are introduced with a lot of promise. But they never figure into the story, and quickly disappear only to reemerge later for a quick moment. These are two interesting girls who are never really utilized. They could have a series of their own, but are next to ignored.

Your turn.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Re: Underused Anime Characters

No one else?

So I will post a second one. Unfortunately, it has been a while since I have seen this anime, so I forget the small details. Actually, I couldn't even remember the title. But thank you Lost247365 for helping me remember.

The series is Basilisk. (There was a new version that came out this year, which I haven't seen. I am writing here of the original). The plot involves two warring families who come to peace when their respective heirs fall in love. But then the local war lord orders them to fight as a means of settling some unrelated political dispute. There are a lot of very interesting characters, but they start getting killed off one by one beginning with episode 1. So many of them don't stay around long enough to get to know them. They all showed such promise, but become underused.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts Kill Bill Katana Compass
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2019 07:34 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

No need to thank me. Basilisk is one of my favorite animes and I am glad to see it get any time of exposure!

Yeah, Basilisk had a ton of interesting characters whose only purpose is to appear cool and then die early on to make others look more powerful.

Probably the one who had the most unused potential was Yashamaru:

https://basilisk.wikia.com/wiki/Yashamaru

I thought his use of strings as a weapon like walter from Helsing was incredibly cool. He also was one of the few honestly "good" alignment characters and had alot of background as the love interest of Hotarubi:

https://basilisk.wikia.com/wiki/Hotarubi

Hotarubi, was also a pretty cool character (with her use of butterflies and snakes) also, but at least she lived long enough to explore her character...though she still died too soon.

Being a big fan of Guerren Laggan (though i never spell it correctly) I got to mention Kamina, but of course that was kind of the point of his character. To make you think he was going to be a huge part of the entire show. Similarly, I would have liked to have seen more of Kiyal of the Black siblings.

For those who play Fate Grand Order, or have seen the anime adaption of the start of the game I have to mention Olga Marie Animusphere.

She was a b**** but she didn't deserve a "second" death like she got, and honestly I thought she was gonna be in the game to the end as the Tsun'dere character.

Speaking of Fate. Cu Chulainn is an incredible character who just never lasted long enough. He arguable had the biggest role in UBW but still he needed a bigger role.

I wish they would have given Clementime in Overlord a bit bigger part. She was a psycho but an interesting one.

One last one, Alisha from Tales of Zestiria needed a bigger role in the game.
    Last edited by Lost247365; 12-27-2018 at 03:02 AM.
    迷いだということまで私達は自分達を見つけり始まれない

ヘンリーデイヴィッドソロー

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

I can't really think of anyone except (Spoilerless version, just in case) When my favorite character dies in Fullmetal Alchemist, half way through. And then in brotherhood, since they speed through that part of the story, they died much quicker and were used way less. While the first series you probably saw them in about 10 episodes, in brotherhood it was probably more like 5 or 6.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Takatofan1986 View Post
    I can't really think of anyone except (Spoilerless version, just in case) When my favorite character dies in Fullmetal Alchemist, half way through. And then in brotherhood, since they speed through that part of the story, they died much quicker and were used way less. While the first series you probably saw them in about 10 episodes, in brotherhood it was probably more like 5 or 6.
    Who are you talking about? Hide it as a spoiler, if you need to.

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Who are you talking about? Hide it as a spoiler, if you need to.

I feel really stupid but I don't see how to do the spoiler tag. :x

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Takatofan1986 View Post
    I feel really stupid but I don't see how to do the spoiler tag. :x
    Yeah, it took me a while. There is no Spoiler link to click on, so you have to type it out like this:

[SPOILER] The type your text. Then type backslash SPOILER in brackets at the end.

I would type the whole thing out, but it kept on looking like this:

x

Gil
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, it took me a while. There is no Spoiler link to click on, so you have to type it out like this:

[SPOILER] The type your text. Then type backslash SPOILER in brackets at the end.

I would type the whole thing out, but it kept on looking like this:

x

Thanks!!

I was talking about

Mayes Huges

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ I didn't count the episodes, but I think ******* was used pretty well. The character was well developed, even if it was just to set up a tragic tear-jerker episode.

Gil
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

^ I didn't count the episodes, but I think ******* was used pretty well. The character was well developed, even if it was just to set up a tragic tear-jerker episode.

I don't think I specified well enough... FMA 2003 was fine, though I still wish he was in it even more. Brotherhood was the bigger disappointment for me. I get why they skipped some parts of the original story/did things quicker, but I wish they would have taken the time and told everything again, to make brotherhood THE go to series, but because of its execution you still need the original. My favorite episode from the original was skipped, but a character showed up in brotherhood, mad at Ed, and you have no idea why, unless you saw the original. Also like, of course Nina being turned into a Chimera was horrible in both, but in brotherhood, while it was still bad, it just, comparatively didn't feel as impactful. You met them at the beginning of the ep, and she was transmuted at the end, where as in the original we had spent 3 or so eps with them.

.....I went off topic. ^^.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Don't worry about going off topic. I've done it myself.

Its been a while since I have seen both series. I understand that the original differed from the manga and supposedly the remake was more faithful to the original story. I don't remember Brotherhood as being lacking. Actually Brotherhood got more interesting when it broke away from the original FMA story. The plot got more complicated, but there was more to grab my interest.

12. Likes Takatofan1986 liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information