First of all, I have no idea what to call this series. Netflix Streaming has it listed as Last Hope, but the opening title has it as Pandora. Maybe Last Hope Pandora?

Also, this is supposed to be the first season, but I have the feeling I stepped into the middle of the story. Maybe this is supposed to be a sequel to some earlier series? A quick look on a few anime websites turned up no previous show on which this series is based.

So, let’s get to the plot. Leon is a brilliant, but absent minded genius scientist who has adopted a young girl named Chloe as his little sister. Oh, and Leon is responsible for destroying the world. That is why the B.R.A.I., organic-mechanical beings, are trying to destroy the world – which actually was not totally destroyed. And actually, the B.R.A.I. are controlled by Gold. So Leon gets a chance to redeem himself by joining Pandora, whose fighters operate these mecha fighters called Pandora.

Pretty simple, right? Also pretty familiar. We’ve seen this before. Only here the writers, producers, director, and others try to cover up the thin plot by trying to make it more confusing.

It is not a totally bad effort. The characters are interesting with their own strong individual identities. The action scenes are well animated as well, so if you are satisfied with just action and care nothing for a story, you will be pleased.

But I wanted a bit more here. It is not enough to dazzle my eyes. Give me something to think about. Right now, I think I’ve said enough about Last Hope.