AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anime You Like to Rewatch

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Cool Anime You Like to Rewatch

What series have you watched multiple times and why?

1. FLCL. It's insanity as its best. No other reason. Each time Cartoon Network's Adult Swim re-runs it, it is like a special treat. (I don't like Progressive or Alternate though.)

2. Boogeypop Phantom. Well, you have to watch this several times. Since the story is not told in chronological order, and therefore hard to follow, it takes several viewings. I recommend watching in both the original Japanese with subtitles, and the English dub to get the full story. Yes, it is an effort, but it is worth it. BP is perfectly dark showing the breakdown of various characters. Once you get the story, you will be glad you gave this repeated watchings.

3. Perfect Blue. Here is another dark one. This movie tells the tale of a sugar and spice pop singer who wants to become an actress, changing her image. When someone out there decides they don't want their idol to change. . . . Well, you are about to witness a classic mind f-ck. I wrote this up in the review section after my last viewing.

4. Lain aka Serial Experiments Lain. Each time I watch this, and my last watching was maybe a year ago, I figure out some subtle angle I missed before. This one goes on many levels.

5. Your Lie in April. The most recent anime on my list, I am now watching it for the second time, with one more episode to go. I will probably watch it again a year from now. And I usually don't go in for romantic heart breakers. But the animation of the music scenes is fantastic, and it is a good story.

More later. But now you list a few. And say something about why you like to rewatch them.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Anime You Like to Rewatch

Digimon and Gundam Wing. Why? 'Cause dey' rock.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

For me, I have aspburgers, and with that, I obsess over things/cling to things, so I tend to be more likely to re-watch a series I've already seen a million times vs something new. Now I do go through spurts where I will watch new things, but, re-watching for me is more likely.

But here are a few shows I've re-watched the most:

#1: Digimon Tamers: This was my first big anime/gateway, ect. I watched Pokemon before it, but while I knew it came from Japan, I didn't think much into it. I didn't get the WB so I had to buy the VHS' so I didn't have the other lineup to see other shows, and I didn't look up the fandom online (or at least not a message board or anything). I got into digimon with 02 shortly before Tamers premiered, though 02 was technically first, and I do still love it for Nostalgia, as well as Adventure after I saw it, Tamers' darker theme and bigger build up and deeper ideas really connected with me. Because of that, I've re-watched it the most. Hell, half way though the season, after the new episodes premiered, I would marathon the first half the rest of the day. :o. I shouldn't admit this, but, the day before my 21st birthday, I watched all 51 episodes within the day. :o

#2: Yakitate!! Japan: I am a dub person, for a few reasons, one of which is that I just have a hard time focusing. I'd rather put on a dub I've seen before and play a game at the same time, so watching a sub series takes me longer, so it's surprising that I've seen this so many times, especially with 69 episodes, it's a longer series. But I saw it for the first time 12 years ago, and so far I've watched it at LEAST 7 times, which for a longer sub, for me, that's a LOT. Just a fun anime about baking bread. It's really funny, especially the farther it goes.

#3 Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) - I like brotherhood, and I've watched that a few times, but I watched the original many times. In college, when a classmate told me about this, and gave me a video of the first few eps (And Adult Swim happened to be at that point) - I set my alarm for 4:20 AM so I could watch it at the second showing. :o Brotherhood might be Technically better, even I admit that, but, I still feel like there was something 'magical' about the original series. The music, the tone... I just loved it. And the eps they cut from that series. It makes sense to not redo the unessential stuff in brotherhood, but, for example, my favorite episode of the old series was the mining town, and they cut that out of Brotherhood, but Yoki (?) Still shows up and is mad at Ed, and if you hadn't watched it, you don't know why. Other things too - They had no idea who Barry the chopper was- which was kind of funny in a way- but Ed was the reason he was caught. Also, I loved little things like the train ride to central where Ed helped Hughes (Who he didn't know yet) catch a criminal holding the train hostage, and the ep where he helped Mrs. Hughes give birth to Alicia. In a way, I get why they cut all that, but it just feels like it loses a little bit of it's heart. And on that note, Hugues was my favorite character, and I feel like in brotherhood he's barely there. even before -spoilers-.

#4: Ouran High School Host Club: I've watched this quite a few times. It's one I put on when I'm sad, or bored. The first half at least, brings up my mood greatly. When it gets more series it's still a great series though.

#5 Hikaru No Go I've watched this twice subbed, and many times dubbed. I really like this show for many reasons. It's one of the few anime's I've ever seen (But remember that I am a picky anime watcher so it's possible there are many more and I just don't know) - where the characters actually get older. The 75 episodes take place over 3-4 years. It's the story of a Go pro from the past, who had died, and somewhere in between them, had possessed another go player, now comes back and possesses Hikaru... not like "POSSESSED" but just, is there, in his head, and talks him into playing Go.

#6 Detective Academy Q I've watched this 4 times, but again since it's a longer sub, I count it higher. I wish there was more anime like this. (I couldn't stand detective Conan, not sure why). But this is an anime about a special school for young detectives, and they go on cases. Some of the cases are pretty big and pretty serious. It's fun getting the clues and trying to figure out who did it.

Honorable Mentions:

Oh Edo Rocket: Watched this 4-5 times. It's... mainly funny, but has a few really serious moments. Set in Edo Japan, where anything fun has been banned, including fireworks. But a firework maker does it anyway. The main thing about this show is, its full of things that shouldn't be there at that time. Including, randomly seeing TVs and things like that.

Yu-Gi-Oh! (The... not 'original' original... but the main original.) This is an Honorable mention because, I've re-watched Season 1-3 many many many times.... but season 4 lost me. I still don't think I've ever finished it.

Kekkashi: Watched this 4-5 times. It's... kind of sorta like bleach in a way. A kid sees spirits (But his whole family does) and he tries to help them cross over to the other side. It's funny, because, I say it's like bleach. Well, one day, I was watching this (After it was over, so I didn't have to wait) and I was also watching bleach (Way behind at the time. ... Gave up on that eventually ... anyway...) I watched one ep of one, then the other and... they both had just about the exact same plot :o The soul of a baker came to the main character in Kekkashi, and someone in bleach. (I don't think it was Ichigo, but I'm not positive.) and asked them, before they crossed over, if they would bake a dish for their loved one, so they could taste it one last time. :o

Gravitation: I haven't sat and watched this in years, but, back in the day, I rewatched this like crazy. But since it was only 13 episodes, I don't think it counts as much as longer series.

Pokemon: Same as Yugioh: I've rewatched the first 2-3 seasons many times, but after that it loses me.

Last edited by Takatofan1986; 10-05-2018 at 05:22 PM.

4. Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
    Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Takatofan1986 View Post
    #4: Ouran High School Host Club: I've watched this quite a few times. It's one I put on when I'm sad, or bored. The first half at least, brings up my mood greatly. When it gets more series it's still a great series though.
    I liked that one as well. But rather than re-watch, I would rather see another season showing how Haruhi and Tamaki's relationship grows.

I'm just a romantic at heart.

6. Likes Tycke, Blackmagezero, Takatofan1986 liked this post
    Senior Member Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2019 05:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I can rewatch Hellsing a thousand times and would still have to rewatch it a couple times a year.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I would like to watch Ergo Proxy again, but Netflix does not seem to have it. The most human characters in the series are a monster and an android. Very interesting series.

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Pokemon. *sarcasm*

Just for laughs. But in all seriousness, the first 8 Seasons (voice actress Veronica Taylor era) before someone else started playing Ash. That's about it.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Look over there ---> Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Hyundai Coupe Mario Bowser Shell Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2022 04:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: PrinnyBombed

I re-watch on occasion just to refresh myself. One I have considered re-watching recently is Last Exile. I haven't seen that one in years. Most of my re-watching is mainly for background noise or if I'm introducing it to a friend.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh, I love the revival of old threads! It gets things interesting again.

Last Exile was a good adventure series. It had likable characters and a good story, though it would not be on my re-watch list. I seem to remember it more for the younger viewers.

🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

Little Witch Academia. It's so wholesome and I love it.

Made in Abyss. It's beautiful and probably my favorite anime out there.

Space Dandy. I'll never get tired of the spectacular adventures of Space Dandy and his brave space crew in space.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (particularly part 4, Diamond is Unbreakable). It always yields a good laugh and has some insanely good arcs at times.

My mood on a daily basis

Look over there ---> Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Oh, I love the revival of old threads! It gets things interesting again.

Last Exile was a good adventure series. It had likable characters and a good story, though it would not be on my re-watch list. I seem to remember it more for the younger viewers.
    Maybe the newer series Fam The Silver Wing (big disappointment), but I don't recall the first series being for younger viewers.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Immoral View Post
    Maybe the newer series Fam The Silver Wing (big disappointment), but I don't recall the first series being for younger viewers.
    Weren't the heroes a couple of kids? There was some action and violence, but low key.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Weren't the heroes a couple of kids? There was some action and violence, but low key.
    Aren't the heroes in most animes kids? I remember the story took a bit to really kick off, but I always thought it had a bit of a darker story. I remember one quote from Alex that a trailer had in it that made me watch it originally. "She just smiled. She stood there watching us die, and just smiled."

It then also shows him choke her out damn near the end of the series until her neck snaps
    Then again..... It has been a very long time since I've seen it. You could be right.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I just finished season one of Hero Mask. No kids!

Read my write up under the review section.

Reservoir n00b Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Floppy Fox 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2019 10:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: xtycke

1. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood: I could rewatch this anime 100x and not get sick of it. The story is equal parts intrigue, humor, sadness, and philosophy and never gets old. The characters are extremely fleshed out, have diverse personalities, and all are remarkably human. The music is also very well done and catchy.

2. One Punch Man: Something about the cynical nature of the show just has me hooked. Not to mention excellent art, music, and humor.

3. Madoka Magica: I'm a total sucker for magical girl anime but this one just takes the cake. The dark cyclical nature of the show keeps me coming back. I also live the trippy witch visuals and of course the music.
    Last edited by Tycke; 02-25-2019 at 05:56 PM.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tycke View Post
    Madoka Magica: I'm a total sucker for magical girl anime but this one just takes the cake. The dark cyclical nature of the show keeps me coming back. I also live the trippy witch visuals and of course the music.
    I like my anime dark, and this one is one of the darkest. Have you seen the three films based on the series. The first two are just a rehash of the series with some tweets. But the third one, Rebellion, is an entirely new story which picks up where the series and first two movies left off. I did a write-up on it in the review section -- somewhere.

19. Likes Tycke liked this post
    Reservoir n00b Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Floppy Fox 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2019 10:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: xtycke

I like my anime dark, and this one is one of the darkest. Have you seen the three films based on the series. The first two are just a rehash of the series with some tweets. But the third one, Rebellion, is an entirely new story which picks up where the series and first two movies left off. I did a write-up on it in the review section -- somewhere.
    I have! I'll have to find that review and comment on it. Probably tomorrow.

Sims Sadist Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Wolf Kunai Batmobile 1989
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-03-2019 12:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Digimon_____Sommelier View Post
    Pokemon.
    Isn't Pokemon the same thing over and over anyways?
    "You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're all the same, the gods laugh and celebrate the differences."

22. Likes Digimon_Sommelier, Takatofan1986 liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information