AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with 破滅のMOSAIC

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2023 08:47 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Help with 破滅のMOSAIC

Video links, lyrics and translation so far. (You'll need to click on "English" to see translation.)

The song is about the narrator and a childhood friend.
    "He supposed that the oath he exchanged as children with a friend closer than a brother would be an eternal bond. But his friend betrayed his soul to evil. Believing in justice, he became a priest and tried to save his friend by judging him. However, …"
    Spolier: In the end, his friend shoots him.

I'm having trouble with a few verses. In verse 2, I understand the words but I'm having trouble putting them together.
    燃えるように痛む / 赤く光る左眼が / 激しさ増す鼓動に / 心を締め付ける
    moeru yō ni itamu / akaku hikaru sagan ga / hageshisa masu kodō ni / kokoro o shimetsukeru
    It seems to say "My left eye, glowing red, in pain like it's on fire, at my intensifying heartbeat tightens my chest." However, I think it's his friend's eye that glows red. But I can't parse the sentence to make sense that way.

Verse 5:
    燃えるように熱く / 悲鳴上げる両目が / 激しさ増す炎に / その色変えてゆく
    moeru yō ni atsuku / himei ageru ryōme ga / hageshisa masu honoo ni / sono iro kaete yuku
    I think it means "Hot enough to be on fire, your screaming eyes with intensifying flames turn you into that colour." I would just like someone to check that I've parsed it sensibly.

Finally verse 6, my understanding is that his friend shoots him.
    刹那の痛みは君が為 / その胸に / 咲かせる真っ赤な薔薇ばらを / 贈ろう君へ / ...

setsuna no itami wa kimi ga tame / sono mune ni / sakaseru makka na bara o / okurō kimi e
    I translate it as "The momentary pain is because of you. In your chest the blood-red rose you let blossom I shall bestow to you." However, I think it's the speaker's chest, and it's bestowed by his once friend. Maybe it's a conversation between two speakers?

Any ideas?

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Default Re: Help with 破滅のMOSAIC

Re: verse 2: Could it not be "That/Your left eye, glowing red, in pain like it's on fire, makes my chest tighten with an intensifying heartbeat"? Like, seeing it makes his chest tighten? That seems to me to be workable grammatically, though from a POV standpoint it is odd that he'd talk about the sensation of pain in someone else's eye.

Verse 5 looks fine to me. No idea about verse 6.

bambooXZX will become famous soon enough bambooXZX's Avatar
    Gil
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-18-2023 04:37 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Re: verse 2 - no idea here

Re: verse 5 - I feel like there's sort of like a hidden を in 両目が[...]に色(を)変えて, so I'd take this as a way to say the eyes themselves are changing "color". Not super confident about this one, though. (Also, I found dictionary entries for 色を変える in weblio and 目の色を変える in Alc, though I'm not sure if I've seen these in the wild before.)

---

Verse 3:
    銀色の銃を忍ばせたまま / 歩み寄った君に 笑顔貼り付け
    Drawing closer while concealing a silver gun / you plastered a smile on your face.
    I think the subject should be the speaker here - that is, the speaker conceals the gun and forces a smile at [歩み寄った君].

---

Overall, I feel like it's at least equally possible to interpret the song such that the priest is the one who shoots his friend. A lot of the lines are ambiguous enough that the friend could be the one who shoots first, but what stands out to me the most is the last verse:

君のまなざしはもう / 僕を映さないのだと
    but your gaze no longer / has me in its sight,
    ↑ This suggests to me that the friend's eyes don't reflect the speaker because the friend's eyes are glazed over in death.

瞼伏せた時に / ようやく悟った
    I finally realized / when you turned your eyes down.
    ↑ I took 瞼を伏せる to mean eyelids lowering over eyes. (Actually, my initial interpretation was that the speaker is manually lowering his friend's eyelids, as we often see in fiction, but I'm not sure I've seen 伏せる used for that before).

So, going back re: verse 6...

My understanding is that the が in 君が為 would behave the same way it does in 誰が為, so I interpreted that to mean the speaker is doing this for his friend - he is opening up a rose of blood in his friend's chest to save him from himself. (Alternatively, if we read this as the friend shooting the speaker, he takes the shot to try and save his friend, and the rose is on the speaker.)
    Last edited by bambooXZX; 09-02-2018 at 10:41 PM.

Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Actually the mo in the last line 僕もすぐ逝こう suggests that they both die. So maybe the priest had the gun, shot his friend as you say, and then will shoot himself. Thanks for the feedback, I'll have to think whether some of these interpretations make more sense.

bambooXZX will become famous soon enough bambooXZX's Avatar
    Gil
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-18-2023 04:37 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Yeah, I definitely felt like there's room for interpretation with 僕もすぐ逝こう. Could be that he decided to kill himself as you suggested, or that he was fatally wounded in the struggle - or maybe it could even just be a general sentiment of "I have sinned, so I'm headed to the same place you are and I hope I can be with you soon."

(Juuuuust in case it wasn't clear, regardless of my leanings on the last verse, I think the priest brings the gun in verse 3 regardless of whose death the speaker is talking about at the end. The way 忍ばせたまま is used, just casually put out there, seems to fit better as information the speaker would have known from his side, as opposed to something he infers about his friend. The forced smile would mask the speaker's motivation to judge, and again, the forced nature seems more natural as the speaker's description of his own hidden motivation. The lines about the speaker's conviction/決意 fit the gravity of the decision. Also, haha! circumstantial evidence! the MV's visuals.)
    Last edited by bambooXZX; 09-03-2018 at 08:38 AM.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Oh, I missed that initially, but yeah, 君が為 should mean "for your sake."

Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Thanks for the help. It all makes sense if it's the priest that shot his friend.

Here's the completed version. Unless there are any more comments, I'll submit it soon.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information