AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: For or Against Guns?

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default For or Against Guns?

Q: Are you pro-guns or anti-guns?

I absolutely abhor the use of guns!
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

Default Re: For or Against Guns?

I'm a piano wire guy myself. Silent and deadly.

No, seriously. I do feel it is too easy for the wrong people to get guns. I am not that far from Virginia. A criminal from my state, Maryland, can go to a gun show in Virginia and legally buy as many weapons as he can carry -- no questions asked. There is no limit and no background check at gun shows in Virginia. At gun stores, yes. Gun shows, no.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

It's a hard line, imo. If guns are banned, bad guys will still have guns. But it IS way too easy for anyone to get them. Gun shows shouldn't sell them, at least not like that, that's for sure. And you know, there are stories where people save more lives because they have a gun, but those stories don't get a lot of coverage in the media.

There's no easy answer, imo.

4. Thanks Tycke thanked for this post
    Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

There are also stories about crazy people shooting up schools, night clubs, and so on. An al-Qaeda training manual instructs trainees on how easy it is to get a gun in the US.

Taking guns away from law abiding citizens is not a popular idea among even most gun control advocates. There is no serious proposal to do that. But mandatory background checks, limiting the number of weapons sold to one person at one time, closing the gun show loophole, and banning military weapons outside of the military are all good ideas which do not infringe on the right for you to own a gun for your family's protection. And they are permitted under the Supreme Court's most recent rulings on the Second Amendment.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

6. Likes Takatofan1986 liked this post
    Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2020 04:24 PM
    Threads

I think you're asking a black and white question to a very grey issue. However, I'll give you my answer as honestly as possible.

I'm for guns in some cases and against them in some others. For example, I believe a law-abiding citizen should have the right own a handgun for self-defence purposes (say, to defend themselves from an armed burglar trespassing on their property). At the same time I believe a person with a serious criminal record or severe mental illness should not be allowed to own such a weapon. The problem however is enforcement. Consider the scenario of a severely mentally ill person whom is not allowed by law to own a gun. This would mean they'd be less protected than the average person since they'd be deprived of a right based on a condition that isn't their fault. If we're going to democratically agree that such persons should not own such weapons, then fine, but then from a moral perspective, surely the onus is on society and government to compensate for their lack of protection, and of course, this might incur higher taxes.

The wide availability of projectile weapons in general is also a massive problem, but it will persist as long as (mostly western) governments keep supporting terrorism by selling weapons to countries with very different cultural values and while the arms trade exist. Even if all guns were somehow obliterated, individuals, tribes and nations with opposing views would still find ways to kill each other. If we're ever going to address the problem of guns I think questioning the aforementioned entities would be a good starting point. After all, people have every right to question any authority who claims to be their protectors, and they shouldn't be treated as ethereal, moral elves who are considered above the law and accountable to no-one. They are merely a collection of mortal, not so pretty looking goblins with self-serving interests of their own, and thus, just as prone to corruption as anyone else if not more so. If for no other reason, the right to own a gun is vital to protect one from an authority that, given the opportunity and with no fear of retaliation, wouldn't hesitate to turn into a tyranny as soon as a people's real defences have been stripped from their hands.
    Last edited by .:neuko:.; 09-02-2018 at 06:20 PM.

8. Likes Nephthys, Takatofan1986 liked this post
    Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by .:neuko:. View Post
    I think you're asking a black and white question to a very grey issue. However, I'll give you my answer as honestly as possible.

I'm for guns in some cases and against them in some others. For example, I believe a law-abiding citizen should have the right own a handgun for self-defence purposes (say, to defend themselves from an armed burglar trespassing on their property). At the same time I believe a person with a serious criminal record or severe mental illness should not be allowed to own such a weapon. The problem however is enforcement. Consider the scenario of a severely mentally ill person whom is not allowed by law to own a gun. This would mean they'd be less protected than the average person since they'd be deprived of a right based on a condition that isn't their fault. If we're going to democratically agree that such persons should not own such weapons, then fine, but then from a moral perspective, surely the onus is on society and government to compensate for their lack of protection, and of course, this might incur higher taxes.

The wide availability of projectile weapons in general is also a massive problem, but it will persist as long as (mostly western) governments keep supporting terrorism by selling weapons to countries with very different cultural values and while the arms trade exist. Even if all guns were somehow obliterated, individuals, tribes and nations with opposing views would still find ways to kill each other. If we're ever going to address the problem of guns I think questioning the aforementioned entities would be a good starting point. After all, people have every right to question any authority who claims to be their protectors, and they shouldn't be treated as ethereal, moral elves who are considered above the law and accountable to no-one. They are merely a collection of mortal, not so pretty looking goblins with self-serving interests of their own, and thus, just as prone to corruption as anyone else if not more so. If for no other reason, the right to own a gun is vital to protect one from an authority that, given the opportunity and with no fear of retaliation, wouldn't hesitate to turn into a tyranny as soon as a people's real defences have been stripped from their hands.

What about the question was black-and-white? It's a simple yes or no question, including your reasons. Please clarify next time.

Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2020 04:24 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Digimon____Sommelier View Post
    What about the question was black-and-white? It's a simple yes or no question, including your reasons. Please clarify next time.
    What I mean by your question being "black and white" is that it forces people to give a binary "yes" or "no" answer, and I don't think that's fair since guns are a complex issue and should not be taken lightly. I can't clarify more than that. Maybe if you added some context to your thread I might have interpreted your question more faithfully. At least I gave reasons for my answer; all you posted was a one-liner without so much as a preface.

If I say I'm totally for guns then it means I believe everyone has the right to own a gun, which I don't for the reasons I've already stated. If I say I'm totally against guns then it means I believe no-one has the right to own a gun--except guns don't just simply vanish into thin air, so people would have to trust in some authority to handle them, which again, for the reasons I've already stated, is a bad idea.

Like I said, I'm for guns in some cases and against them in some others; this translates to "yes" and "no" rather than "yes" or "no" to your question; but if you want to interpret my answer as one or the other to suit your flippant attitude to a serious issue that's your prerogative.
    Last edited by .:neuko:.; 09-02-2018 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Minor spelling mistakes/grammar etc.

11. Dislikes Digimon_Sommelier disliked this post
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It was easy to answer. Yes and no? That’s not a valid response, neuko.

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Digimon____Sommelier View Post
    It was easy to answer. Yes and no? That’s not a valid response, neuko.

Pretty much none of us gave a yes or no answer.

14. Thanks .:neuko:. thanked for this post
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

A Yes or No reply was the point of the question, Takato. The question wasn't "Are you for and against guns?"

Reservoir n00b Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Floppy Fox 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2019 10:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: xtycke

I'm in favor of guns. Guns are a tool like a power drill or an axe - it's not the gun's fault that a bad person used it for bad things. Cars and alcohol are also deadly, should we ban those, too?

17. Likes Immoral, Takatofan1986 liked this post
    Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I definitely think nuclear weapons are good, because they heavily deter the escalation of conflict.

With guns, it is a bit tougher to know the full effect. They make it easier to commit crimes, but they can make it easier to prevent crimes and apprehend criminals as well. I don't have a problem with guns being legal considering how heavily regulated they are. It's true that the U.S. has much higher crime rates but a lot of that crime is being committed in black ghettos unique to the U.S. which raises the averages, so it's not a great comparison.

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Nope. Never needed a gun, don't wanna see any.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

20. Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

People are only against guns because we've pretty much wiped out every species that we can shoot that eats us. I guess the real question is how much to you trust other people? Keeping in mind that we ALL have locks on our doors. Get rid of those in your house, car, work, school, computer, wherever you keep your valuables, where your family sleeps, etc. and then we'll discuss guns.

Ash Ketchum stars in "Reign of Fire 2"!

besides I'm with Pratchett on this one.

Terry Pratchett:

Confiscate all weapons, and crime would go down. It made sense. It would have worked, too, if only there had been enough coppers -- say, three per citizen.

Amazingly, quite a few weapons were handed in. The flaw, though, was one that had somehow managed to escape Swing, and it was this: criminals don't obey the law. It's more or less a requirement for the job. They had no particular interest in making the streets safer for anyone except themselves. And they couldn't believe what was happening. It was like Hogswatch every day.

Some citizens took the not-unreasonable view that something had gone a bit askew if only naughty people were carrying arms. And they got arrested in large numbers.

And all things considered out of all weapons, guns would be preferable to just about anything else used to kill me.
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 03-14-2019 at 06:14 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

22. Likes Tycke liked this post
    Senior Member дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух has a reputation beyond repute дух's Avatar
    Gil
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2021 06:26 AM
    Threads

I have trouble owning one because I'm a felon, but I fully support them.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

I believe there's a little miscommunication here. @Digimon_____Sommelier , did you mean pro and anti as in whether or not we like guns? Or did you mean pro and anti as in the Pro/Anti-Gun political issue(s) currently going on today? If we're just talking like or dislike here, than yes it's a pretty black/white (or Yes/No) answer. But if we're talking politics, things get a lot more muddled. I mean a lot of people like guns but still approve of some Anti-Gun legislation or Policies by politicians.

As for me; I'm Pro-Gun, but also Pro-Common Sense. I recognize that guns are fun to shoot and great for hunting and self-defense, but some of the things are just ridiculous. No one needs an M-61 Vulcan to hunt deer, and the good guy with a gun doesn't always stop the bad guy with a gun (there are many cases where the good guy was mistaken for the bad guy by the police). That said, with the rise is Pro-Gun vs. Anti-Gun debates and very Pro-Gun legislation in the U.S. there has been a rise in pure stupidity of people with guns. Which, in turn, hasn't helped the cause when debating against Anti-Gun people. Outside of all the idiots running around with AR-15's and AK-47's (usually all semi-automatic), and dumb kids shooting themselves while taking a self with a gun. Why oh why did Congress repeal the law that forced the Social Security Administration to turn over documents of anyone deemed mentally unfit to take care of themselves to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System? I mean as Pro-Gun as I am, I don't believe that people who receive disability funds and have them managed by someone else because they are too mentally impaired to manage their own finances should be able to have a gun.

25. Likes Takatofan1986 liked this post
    Dislikes Digimon_Sommelier disliked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    I believe there's a little miscommunication here. @Digimon_____Sommelier , did you mean pro and anti as in whether or not we like guns? Or did you mean pro and anti as in the Pro/Anti-Gun political issue(s) currently going on today? If we're just talking like or dislike here, than yes it's a pretty black/white (or Yes/No) answer. But if we're talking politics, things get a lot more muddled. I mean a lot of people like guns but still approve of some Anti-Gun legislation or Policies by politicians.

As for me; I'm Pro-Gun, but also Pro-Common Sense. I recognize that guns are fun to shoot and great for hunting and self-defense, but some of the things are just ridiculous. No one needs an M-61 Vulcan to hunt deer, and the good guy with a gun doesn't always stop the bad guy with a gun (there are many cases where the good guy was mistaken for the bad guy by the police). That said, with the rise is Pro-Gun vs. Anti-Gun debates and very Pro-Gun legislation in the U.S. there has been a rise in pure stupidity of people with guns. Which, in turn, hasn't helped the cause when debating against Anti-Gun people. Outside of all the idiots running around with AR-15's and AK-47's (usually all semi-automatic), and dumb kids shooting themselves while taking a self with a gun. Why oh why did Congress repeal the law that forced the Social Security Administration to turn over documents of anyone deemed mentally unfit to take care of themselves to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System? I mean as Pro-Gun as I am, I don't believe that people who receive disability funds and have them managed by someone else because they are too mentally impaired to manage their own finances should be able to have a gun.

I agree with most of this, but I just wanted to point out, as much as I HATE to bring it up... I'm on disability because I have a few medical conditions, one being my face looks... different... anyway, my biggest thing is my foot, and eventually I had to stop working because of it, but I lived alone until then (Still do) and took care of all my bills/money. But when I went in for my interview, the guy spent 5 minutes with me, and decided basically because I look different that I can't handle my money, and have to have someone else do it. So, while I agree in theory, you'd think if someone isn't capable to handle money they shouldn't have a gun, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who's in this situation, that they just spend a few minutes with you and make assumptions. Maybe if you have your money managed, you'd have to do some other kind of test to prove you were capable? I dunno. No easy answer.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Takatofan1986 View Post
    I agree with most of this, but I just wanted to point out, as much as I HATE to bring it up... I'm on disability because I have a few medical conditions, one being my face looks... different... anyway, my biggest thing is my foot, and eventually I had to stop working because of it, but I lived alone until then (Still do) and took care of all my bills/money. But when I went in for my interview, the guy spent 5 minutes with me, and decided basically because I look different that I can't handle my money, and have to have someone else do it. So, while I agree in theory, you'd think if someone isn't capable to handle money they shouldn't have a gun, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who's in this situation, that they just spend a few minutes with you and make assumptions. Maybe if you have your money managed, you'd have to do some other kind of test to prove you were capable? I dunno. No easy answer.
    That is a good point. As in the case with much of bureaucracy, people get lazy and their lack of effort screws many people over. But in a case like yours, there needs to be a way out rather than leaving folks unjustly in Catch-22 situation. But those that make legislation and those that vote on it never seem to take care of that issue. The same problem happens with the No-Fly List, people tried to make it to where those on it can't purchase guns only to lose and be met with the fact that folks get arbitrarily put on the list without knowing it and no one knows how to get someone off of it. But has any of that been fixed? Not to my knowledge. If the politicians really cared, why aren't they adding amendments to their bills to fix this glaring issues when the problem arises?
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

28. Likes Takatofan1986 liked this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

30. Likes Tycke liked this post
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

There's always Liz and Patty from Soul Eater. They are both guns.

Senior Member Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2022 08:51 PM
    Threads

I would abolish the NFA and introduce national constitutional carry. I can carry in every state as an LEO. I think it's bullshit that I have special rights over non-LEO. Everyone should have it except for certain felons and illegals.

33. Likes Takatofan1986, Tycke liked this post
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Maybe you're right about guns. I do prefer explosives.

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

Forget guns. From now on only katanas are legal to open carry. The police will be trained to reflect bullets with them.

36. Likes Tycke liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfighter View Post
    I would abolish the NFA and introduce national constitutional carry. I can carry in every state as an LEO. I think it's bullshit that I have special rights over non-LEO. Everyone should have it except for certain felons and illegals.
    It's not just LEO, even as military/military veteran people have special rights over regular civilians. But what most people forget is that with the special rights comes extra responsibilities. I mean I may not be able to carry in every state, but with my background I'm virtually assured that I can purchase a firearm in any state I want. The hardest requirement is that I live in that state or near it. But as a veteran; citizens expect me to uphold the law and to operate a firearm with the highest degree of safety and with technical and tactical expertise. LEO's and other first responders also have responsibilities even when off-duty or on vacation. Whether it's right or wrong to blindly expect such from a stranger just off a notion is another matter. The fact is that it does exist. It's one thing to claim the privileges are a necessity for those doing the job, but all too often people in and outside the given professions see these as mere perks and forget any the responsibilities there within. Which puts a greater burden on those within those professions to act accordingly to the expectations of others in a professional matter.

With all that said, it's rather precarious to support or oppose any legislation that will have an impact on your job or life. Partly because people expect you to know the legal ins and outs of the legislation; but also because some look to use your understanding as guidance. I used to joke about running for president on the sole platform that I would use America's Birth-Right Citizenship to enact a gun give-away. 1 free gun and 1 free box of ammo to every citizen... Then when my Conservative Friends would ask why, I would tell them it wasn't a stand for the 2nd Amendment but truthfully it was an effort to decrease the population. Because "stupid people will still be stupid even after getting a gun." The reality of it is that an Constitutional Carry law would hurt LEO's more than help, because it's increased danger at every job and the flip-side is that Counties would lose funding from the sales of CC permits. Granted it's not much funding, but losing any still hurts the County and the County's employees.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tycke View Post
    I'm in favor of guns. Guns are a tool like a power drill or an axe - it's not the gun's fault that a bad person used it for bad things. Cars and alcohol are also deadly, should we ban those, too?
    We already take the license away from those using cars in an unsafe manner. Don't believe me? Try getting drunk, and then plow your car into a school bus and see what happens.

39. Likes Tycke liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information