Inside an old house, Fred, Velma, Daphne, and Scooby are standing around talking. Shaggy is slumped over in a chair at a nearby table.

Fred: Let’s go, gang! It’s time to catch that werewolf! Scooby, go wake up Shaggy.

Scooby: (Pokes Shaggy) Raggy? Hey, rake up! Raggy? (Long silence) Red, I rink that Raggy’s dread!

Daphne: Dead?

Fred: (Goes to Shaggy) He’s not breathing. No pulse. Scooby’s right. He is dead. Well gang, it looks like we have another mystery on our hands. Who killed Shaggy? Let’s look for clues.

Velma: The clues are right there on the table.

Fred: Where?

Velma: The Bunsen burner, that charged teaspoon, the rubber tourniquet, the syringe.

Fred: You’re right! It’s clear what happened here! Shaggy was killed by zombies!

Daphne: Zombies, Fred?

Scooby: Rucking moron.

Fred: I can see what happened. Shaggy was sitting here eating his breakfast cereal, hence the spoon. A passing zombie saw Shaggy eating and wanted the cereal for himself. First, he turns off the lights, so Shaggy lights the Bunsen burner to see what’s going on. When the zombie attacks, Shaggy used the rubber tourniquet as a sling-shot to defend himself. But it was not enough. The zombie killed Shaggy and took his cereal.

Daphne: I’m going to hate myself for asking this, but how do you explain the syringe?

Fred: The zombie must be a diabetic. He felt weak and needed to give himself an insulin shot. He then left forgetting his syringe.

Scooby: Oh, brudder!

Fred: It all fits! There can’t be any other explanation!

Velma: Except that maybe the stoner finally OD’ed.

Fred: Velma, that’s a terrible thing to say at a time like this! You know Shaggy never did drugs.

Velma: Fred, you have always been in denial. There were more chemicals running through Shaggy’s blood than are running through the Hudson River!

Daphne: Anyway, we should call the police.

Fred: Right! They have to warn the townsfolk that there is a killer zombie on the loose.

Velma: You call them, Fred. Tell them all about the zombie.

Daphne: Yeah, you call them. We’re outa here.

Scooby: Rut a rit-head!

Post-script. Fred Jones would spend the next several years searching for that zombie who did not exist. In 2006, he assaulted a man he claimed was “Old man McCredie,” accusing him of being the zombie. At his trial, Fred was found not guilty by reason of insanity. The judge ordered him confined to a state mental institution where Fred still lives today.

Daphne, Velma, and Scooby set out on their own, searching for and solving mysteries. But after a year, Scooby started showing the signs of liver disease. With his general health declining, Scooby spent his final year in a home in rural Washington state, where he was nursed by Daphne and Velma.

After Scooby’s death, Daphne and Velma retired from detective work. They soon realized that their whole relationship was based totally on their mystery adventures. They mutually agreed to split up, but remain good friends to this day.