AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Post your movie trivia here!

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Post your movie trivia here!

Post your little known, but harmless, movie trivia here. Me first!

Excluding the 1900 short Sherlock Holmes Baffled, which only uses the name of the character to show some cinematic slight of hand, the first Sherlock Holmes film was The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes released in 1905. It starred American actor Gilbert Anderson as the English detective. He later became famous as Bronco Billy Anderson, one of the first movie cowboy stars. The 1905 film is considered lost.

More trivia later. Meanwhile, you post something here.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Re: Post your movie trivia here!

No one has any trivia? Let me try one more time.

In the 1972 film The Candidate, Robert Redford plays a community lawyer and son of an ex-governor who is offered the chance to run for the US Senate. About a half hour into the movie, Redford's character, trying to make up his mind, attends a rally for the incumbent. As he walks through the crowd, among those he passes is an old man wearing a beret. That old man is Groucho Marx in what would be his very last film appearance. A friend of Redford's, Groucho was visiting the set when he was asked to do an unbilled cameo. TRUE!

Come on. Somebody else has to have something!

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

Sorry I've been on vacation. (Still am) I'll contribute more in a week when it's over, but for now:

In Spaceballs (If you don't know it, Mel Brooks' Star Wars/Trek/Alien/ect spoof). In a scene, they made fun of all the toys that a movie sells and had a ton of figurines of the characters.

(Side trivia: When Mel Brooks asked George Lucas permission, he said yes, but he wasn't allowed to sell any merchandise, and that's what the 'merchandising' scene was about.)

Well, one day, Rick Moranis was looking at the figures, and said out loud:

"Wouldn't it be funny if..."

And he improved this on the spot!

Bonus video for the side Trivia:

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Some of the best lines in movies were ad libs:

Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2022 10:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

In Predator (1987), Jean-Claude Van Damme was the first person to wear the Predator alien costume in the first few scenes in the movie that the Predator was seen. He was replaced during production by Kevin Peter Hall. There are different reasons why Van Damme was released from the movie. The first one I've heard and knew for the longest time was the director was looking for a much taller person to be the Predator to make it a more intimidating creature; Hall being 7' 3" (220cm).

But now, I'm seeing another reason being that Van Damme was over-pushing the idea on the Director to make the Predator a kickboxer so he could display his martial arts talents. He was even demonstrating, rather often, his abilities to everyone on set to the point of annoyance. Van Damme was out and Hall was in.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Lawrence Olivier's 1948 film noir version of Hamlet included a few future stars in unbilled bit parts. This included future Hammer Films horror star Christopher Lee, Q from the James Bond films Desmond Llewelyn, and Patrick Macnee, aka John Steed from The Avengers. Another future Hammer star, Peter Cushing, had a speaking bit part.

When Macnee died in 2015, he was the last surviving member of the cast. He died about two and a half weeks after the passing of Christopher Lee.
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 08-18-2018 at 10:45 PM.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I forgot to mention above, the cast of Olivier's Hamlet also included Patrick Troughton, the second Doctor from Doctor Who, as the player king.

Now for something new.

The Dark Knight is not the first movie Christian Bale and Heath Ledger both appeared in. They also both starred in I'm Not There, though they did not have any scenes together.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Outside of his honorary Oscar and an oddly conceived special Oscar for The Circus, Charlie Chaplin has only one competitive Oscar win in his career. He won the 1973 Oscar for Best Original Musical Score for his 1952 film Limelight. Limelight was eligible for the award due to a quirk in the Academy's rules. A film is eligible only in the year of it's original release in the Los Angeles area market. When released in 1952, Limelight was not shown in LA. Some time after Chaplin's honorary Oscar the year before, all his feature length films were re-released and Limelight got its first commercial showing in the Los Angeles area.

Anybody have anything else?
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 08-27-2018 at 05:53 PM.

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I know a lot of movie trivia, I just can't zero in on much super interesting, outside of impoved stuff.

OH, I did just think of something interesting. Though it was a movie most people hated, but I liked.

Without A Paddle. 2004 movie- I mean, best movie ever? Of the year? Of the month? No, but it was fun, imo.

Anyway, I can't find clips of the scene in question but, there was a scene where one of the guys makes a phone call, and the other two go in a store. Then a minute or two later, the guys come back out, and the guy gets off the phone. Then the Sharif talks to them. The two that went into the store, particularly Dan (Seth Green) seem high on sugar. ... Turns out, they filmed in New Zealand, and there weren't any junk food around them, or at least not american junk food. But the producers got some and put it in that store, and for those two minutes they would go eat whatever they could. When you know that, and see Seth Green bouncing off the walls pretty much, it's funny. (To me at least)

*Looked through his movies to see if any other trivia jumped out at him*

One of Patrick Stewart's biggest carrier regrets is he wasn't able to be Cogsworth in Beauty And The Beast (1991). He was offered the role, and wanted to be in it, but scheduling with TNG didn't allow it.

The set for The Rocky Horror Picture Show was freezing. Susan Surrandon caught pneumonia after filming the pool scene.

When Titanic went into production, Gloria Stewart, who played Old Rose, had lunch with a Titanic survivor, where she shared her story of her experience on the Titanic. A few days later, the lady died. I find that kind of eerie. The whole point of Titanic (The 1997 movie at least) was Rose finally sharing her story, and then dying right after (It's left for interpretation, but it seems very likely to me) and here, seemingly, it happened in real life.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Takatofan1986 View Post
    One of Patrick Stewart's biggest carrier regrets is he wasn't able to be Cogsworth in Beauty And The Beast (1991). He was offered the role, and wanted to be in it, but scheduling with TNG didn't allow it.
    My favorite Patrick Stewart role was in a little known film called Hunting Elephants. It's an Israeli film about three old men who help a young boy rob a bank. Stewart plays the boy's English uncle. He is supposed to be a no-talent actor, which has to be a hard character for a talent like Stewart to play. But he pulls it off. Originally the role was supposed to go to John Cleese, but he had to back out due to illness. I am a big Cleese fan, but I have to admit no one but Patrict Stewart could play that role. He was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Takatofan1986 View Post
    The set for The Rocky Horror Picture Show was freezing. Susan Surrandon caught pneumonia after filming the pool scene.
    I heard that one. She was not the only cast member to suffer. Peter Hinwood, who played Rocky, wore only golden underpants most the time, so imagine how he felt. BTW, Hinwood did none of his own singing.

11. Likes Takatofan1986 liked this post
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Back to trivia:

Sean Connery was offered the role of Tarzan, but he had to turn it down. He was already committed to do another movie called Dr. No.

Gil
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

What if I told you.... Will Smith was supposed to be the main guy in The Matrix... and he turned it down... for Wild Wild West. :o

In Shrek (1), the scene where Cameron Diaz's character belches wasn't scripted. When she was recording her lines, they were recording her even when she was taking a break, and that happened, and they decided to include it. Cameron was mortified when she found out they used it.

Also about Shrek, it was originally supposed to star Chris Farley, and he started filming his lines, but then he died. (And the clip shows a scrapped plot-point)

This isn't really talked about much (I don't think) But, in the 90s, my mom worked at a movie theater for a few years, and she would get inside info about movies that were being made and at one point, she heard the plot of a movie, which would eventually be "I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry" with Adam Sandler, and Kevin James.... but at the time, they said it was being made with Will Smith and Nicolas Cage. O_O. ... I know some people didn't like that movie (I did, mainly.) But I can't imagine them as a couple. XD and interesting to know that the movie was in 'development hell' THAT long.

Can't think of any others for now.

Junior Member Hyuntai is on a distinguished road Hyuntai's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2020 04:04 AM
    Threads

Click image for larger version

Name:	anthop.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	86340

From a multiplayer trivia game website, Whoknowmore.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I totally forgot about this thread. Let me add one more.

The shooting title for A Hard Day's Night was Eight Arms to Hold You, which everyone agreed was a stupid title, but no one was concerned. It was assumed someone would come up with a better name. After several weeks of shooting, no one did come up with a better title, until John Lennon pulled director Richard Lester aside and asked him if he ever really listened to Ringo Starr talk. Lester asked Lennon what he meant.

Lennon explained that Starr would sometimes come up with these witticisms which literally made no sense, but which everyone knew what he meant. The rest of the group called them Ringoisms. A while back the Beatles were involved in a recording session where they ran over and nothing was going right. So they decided to call it a night and try again the next day. Ringo put down his drumsticks and said, "Well, that was a hard day's night." Lennon thought A Hard Day's Night would be a great title for the movie, and Lester agreed.

One of the schoolgirls Paul McCartney flirts with early in the film is Patty Boyd, who would later become the first Mrs. George Harrison, and later marry Eric Clapton.

During the live performance scene, a young Phil Collins is part of the audience.

There was a controversy during the restoration of the film. Several scenes edited out by director Richard Lester, because they upset the flow of the film, were going to be put back in. Note the studio release cut was practically the same as the director's cut. The footage was not included in the restoration, but was added as a special deleted scenes to the DVD release.

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Movie Trivia: Albus Dumbledore from the Harry Potter series is gay. Hooray!!
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information