I have to make this quick. Then again, this is a pretty quick anime. I thought Angel Sanctuary was an anime movie, but it is a three part OVA. Unlike most OVA’s, the plot is fairly well developed in that it does not glance over details leaving holes for the viewer to fill. Then again, the plot is pretty thin. Everything goes in one direction, which is not very interesting to watch. But I was not totally bored either.

Setsuna is a high school boy in love with his sister. So you have a bit of incest going on here. He also houses the spirit of the angel Alexiel who was banished by God for acts of rebellion. Anyway, a lot of angels and demons want Alexiel to revive, so they interfere with Setsuna’s life. This includes Alexiel’s revenge-minded sister.

There are some interesting characters here. Though there is really no time for character development.

The artwork and animation look like it was done in the 1980’s. Sharp imagery and even decent dubbing are not to be found.

In all, I give Angel Sanctuary an average rating. At three episodes, there is not enough time to get bored. But it could have been more.