AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Top 5 Buddy Anime

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-12-2024 01:59 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Lightbulb My Top 5 Buddy Anime

What do I mean by a “Buddy Anime?” The two main characters have a close platonic bond. No romance or anything. They are just close friends, and that friendship is a key ingredient to the story. So my top 5 in reverse order:

5. Spice and Wolf, Season One. The relationship between Holo the Wise Wolf and traveling peddler Kraft Lawrence is key to the story. Note I only said Season One, because I have not seen season two and as much as Holo in her human form gets naked in front of Lawrence. . . . Well, I have the feeling the close platonic bonds between the two will eventually lead to something else.

4. Tweeny Witches. When human Arusu is caught entering a school for witches, she is placed in the custody of students Shela and Eva. Eva forms a bond of friendship with Arusu right away. Shela takes a bit longer, but she eventually comes around.

3. Parasyte. This is the oddest of the buddy anime series. Shinichi wakes up one morning to find an alien has taken over his right arm. Actually, the goal was for the alien to take over Shinichi’s brain, but he got lost. It turns out there are other parasites out there, and Shinichi and his new alien companion need to rely on each other for survival. Eventually, this leads to a friendship. Shinichi even names his little buddy Migi. Migi has the amorality of a wild animal, doing whatever is needed to survive regardless of the consequences. But even he begins to feel a liking to Shinichi. When Migi offers to make the supreme sacrifice to save Shinichi, Shinichi is against it.

2. Tiger and Bunny. Imagine a world where superheroes compete against each other in reality TV. Sounds like something Donald Trump would come up with. Nonetheless, Kotetsu, aka Wild Tiger, is the senior member of the squad, though he has lost a step or two. A bit immature, it is Kotetsu who offers encouragement to the others and often notes the important clues. But a change in corporate sponsorship has now teamed the veteran up with a newcomer named Barnaby, who Kotetsu calls “Bunny.” Well, the two hate each other, though we know where this is heading. Kotetsu and Barnaby eventually develop a dedicated friendship.

1. Michiko and Hatchin. Can a street-wise black woman running from the law develop a relationship with a little white girl? The answer is yes, but not without a few bumps in the road along the way. The two go from not really liking each other to looking out for each other – kind of like Tiger and Bunny.

Others I considered, which did not make the list:

Cowboy Bebop
    Kakegurui
    Fate/Stay Night

You have any?

Feed your cat!

2. Likes Blackmagezero liked this post
    Look over there ---> Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Hyundai Coupe Mario Bowser Shell Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2022 04:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: PrinnyBombed

Default Re: My Top 5 Buddy Anime

Berserk was the first that came to mind. Guts and Griffith may have started off rough but that changed...

Until Griffith raped Casca and betrayed the Band of the Hawk, that is...

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-12-2024 01:59 PM
    Threads

Default Re: My Top 5 Buddy Anime

Quote Originally Posted by Immoral View Post
    Berserk was the first that came to mind. Guts and Griffith may have started off rough but that changed...
    A friendship made in hell.

Feed your cat!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information