AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is this a case of copyright infringement?

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Is this a case of copyright infringement?

I think most of you are familiar with this tune from Les Miserables:

But take that tune and pick up the tempo. What you get is this:

Any copyright attorneys out there?

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Is this a case of copyright infringement?

Judging by the visuals, I'd say the first one may hold a sturdy copyright, while the second seems forgotten and unable to rise back and sue anyone. Stll though, looks better and funnier than any '90s-2010s cop shows I've seen.
    Why are you into this stuff, and why do you care anyway?

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

Not that I care. But I find the similarities in the tunes interesting. The only difference is the tempo.

Car 54 Where are You can be seen on various nostalgia networks.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2020 04:24 PM
    Threads

Imo, both tunes sound quite different to each other. Even when I sped up the tempo of "Do You Hear the People Sing?" in Les Miserables (2012), I found its rhythm to be more punchy and less regular compared to that in Car 54, Where Are You?.

I'm no copyright attorney of course but I think it's safe to say that there's no copyright infringement here. In any case, I doubt any respectable attorney/lawyer would be able to find any concrete evidence to the contrary.

Still, let's suppose that song is an act of copyright infringement, then in all fairness it looks like Hasbro's got some explaining to do...

Watch the video below from 0min48sec and then the next one. Apparently the tune in the first video is legit, and yet it's so like "A Little Less Conversation" I really don't know how Hasbro got away with it. Then again, maybe I do: kerching!!!

Last edited by .:neuko:.; 05-23-2018 at 12:00 AM.

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by .:neuko:. View Post
    let's suppose that song is an act of copyright infringement, then in all fairness it looks like Hasbro's got some explaining to do...

Watch the video below from 0min48sec and then the next one. Apparently the tune in the first video is legit, and yet it's so like "A Little Less Conversation" I really don't know how Hasbro got away with it. Kerching!

Huh. I didn't catch that reference untill i heard what the name of that song sounds like. To me it's just them purposely hinting to the song to give more background. Has the original artist shed a tear yet? Then let's take it out on Hasbro! Fighting Is Magic was cancelled because of their slappsuits!

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information