It is the best of times; it is the worst of times for schoolgirl Aiko. First she regains use of her legs recovering from a traffic accident which took the life of her father; then she learns her body is not real. She learns that her mother and brother, thought dead, are still alive; but she has to fight her way through the Burst, which sort of looks like a chopped beat salad gone insane. So A.I.C.O. Incarnation begins.

New schoolmate Yuya is not what he appears to be. He tells Aiko that she must venture into the forbidden zone, challenge the Burst, free her mother and brother, and destroy the Burst which threatens mankind. They will be accompanied by a group of soldiers known as Divers. After that, things get quite routine. But stick with it.

Once we get past the half-way point in this 12 episode series, A.I.C.O. Incarnation finally gets interesting. It is not the fighting and the action, but rather a few plot twists when we learn not everyone is who they claim to be, or who they think they are. Plots are laid. Deceit takes hold. And of course, the government has to interfere. The key is staying with the series until that point. If you do not have the patience, you will not get that far. So decide for yourself. Though if you do not make it through episode 12, you will never know who sacrifices their self for the greater good.

A.I.C.O. Incarnation has some pretty good artwork, though they do take a few shortcuts in the animation. Still the action sequences are well done, so action fans should be happy.

Once I got past the halfway mark, I actually did enjoy the series. So, again, if you have the patience, I recommend A.I.C.O. Incarnation.