AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anime Characters Unfairly Treated

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Lightbulb Anime Characters Unfairly Treated

What anime characters have been shown disrespect by their creators? Whom have the writers and producers screwed over? Who could have been so much more, but held back by those writers and producers? Who has been dumped on needlessly.

I have two now. More later if I can think of any.

Shinji from Neo-Genesis Evangeleon.

OK, I get it. Shinji is a whiny wuss and a wimp, who has no capacity for growth. But who else in this series is normal? It is Asuka who has the mental breakdown when she can't totally live up to her image of "Miss-Flawless-Greatest-Eva-Pilot-Ever." Not that Misato turns out to be the poster girl for "Mental Health Month."

There is enough blame to go around -- until you get to the first Evangeleon movie. In Death and Rebirth, the story is done over and this time it is all Shinji's fault. No one shares the blame for anything. Even Superb-tch Asuka is off the hook. Give the kid a break for once!

Tatsuki from Bleach.

We meet Tatsuki in season one. She's one tough girl, an expert in the martial arts, and Orihime's protector. Clearly she is in line to become one of the major characters in the show -- until Orihime develops her own powers. Now who needs Tatsuki? Apparently not the series' writers.

Tatsuki very quickly becomes background filler. There is one point were she does seem to become aware of the goings on from the Soul Society, and she is ready to join the fight. Then the series totally forgets about her. Not too surprising considering the number of Bleach sub-plots which are never completed.

Tatsuki is the Meg Griffin of Bleach, only Meg actually gets more lines and an occasional story. Tatsuki is to Bleach what the "Unused Character" is to Kill Me Baby. If any character needs to call their agent, she is it.

Now it's your turn.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Junior Member HavokDJ is on a distinguished road HavokDJ's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-24-2018 08:27 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MasterFighterr PSN ID: HavokDJ Steam ID: havokdj

Default Re: Anime Characters Unfairly Treated

Alrighty, first post.
    Personally, I think that Saitama from One Punch Man is pretty unfairly treated. I mean, he's the main character of the show, but Genos seems to get more plot and spotlight than Saitama.

There's also classic Osaka from Azumanga Daioh, although this is mainly for the (lack of)plot and the gag of the series.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by HavokDJ View Post

Alrighty, first post.
    Personally, I think that Saitama from One Punch Man is pretty unfairly treated. I mean, he's the main character of the show, but Genos seems to get more plot and spotlight than Saitama.
    I don't know about Genos getting more plot. But Saitama getting a lack of respect is part of the plot line, and part of the joke. Don't you think?

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Junior Member HavokDJ is on a distinguished road HavokDJ's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-24-2018 08:27 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MasterFighterr PSN ID: HavokDJ Steam ID: havokdj

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    I don't know about Genos getting more plot. But Saitama getting a lack of respect is part of the plot line, and part of the joke. Don't you think?
    Probably yeah.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information