AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Unhappy The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.

It is an unusual structure. There is no continuous story. Each episode is made up of four or five smaller stories, often unrelated but sometimes connected. This would normally make The Disastrous Live of Saiki K an interesting series. OK, I was interested. The question is could this series hold my interest for all 24 episodes? I lasted through 12.

So what about the premise? Saiki is a high school student, a loner, and someone who thinks everyone else in his world is an idiot. In Saiki’s defense I should mention that everyone else in his world are idiots. But what makes Saiki stand apart is that he is a powerful psychic, not with unlimited powers, but pretty close to it. To Saiki, these powers are a curse which leads him to many misadventures.

But The Disastrous Life of Saiki K is short on drama, because this is intended as a dumb, but fun anime. Everything is done strictly for laughs. It does hold some promise – until it becomes redundant. There are a few bits here and there which may not focus primarily on Saiki, but for the most part the series uses the same premise over and over again without much variation. They actually spread this out over 24 episodes?

Reading ahead the episode descriptions, it seems I cannot expect anything different from the second half of the series. If I am wrong about this, and if someone who has seen the entire series can let me know if the second half is worth watching, please tell me. Otherwise, I will proceed to the next series on my list.

Artwork is average. The animation is good by TV standards. There is a problem in that Japanese dialog appears written on the screen, with no English translation. I assume these are supposed to be jokes, but English speakers are going to be left out.

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K does have a few good moments, but overall I rate it a near miss.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

Default Re: The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.

Aww, this became one of my absolute favs, but everyone has their own opinions. There are a few moments that feels like it's repeating, but in the second half of the season you get a few stories that last more than one 'episode' (Oh after double checking, the first one started IN episode 12, so you already saw the start of that, and apparently weren't impressed.) But again, to each their own.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

Default Re: The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.

Episode 12 was where I left off. I can see where it does go into episode 13. But to me it was your standard class trip episode we have seen before. I'm glad you liked it, but to each his own.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

4. Likes Takatofan1986 liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information