AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Research Shows That Time Travel Is Mathematically Possible

Junior Member MetalHeader is on a distinguished road MetalHeader's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-19-2018 10:04 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default New Research Shows That Time Travel Is Mathematically Possible

Physicists have developed a new mathematical model that shows how time travel is theoretically possible. They used Einstein’s Theory of General Relativity as a springboard for their hypothetical device, which they call a Traversable Acausal Retrograde Domain in Space-time (TARDIS).

Read more:
    http://bit.ly/2FyqiWV

What do you think about time travel? I personally think that it's quite possible after reading this.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Rageface
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2018 09:23 PM
    Threads

Default Re: New Research Shows That Time Travel Is Mathematically Possible

I'll have to run that one by The Doctor.

BTW, did you know how Einstein came up with his theory? By riding the bus to work. He was in the rear and look out the back window at the town clock. Einstein then thought, "If this bus were traveling at the speed of light, I would never see the hands of the clock move." Just think. If Einstein owned a car, we would not have the theory of relativity.

Also, comedian Albert Brooks' real name is Albert Einstein. The other guy would not change his.

So much for the educational portion of this thread.

DRUG STORE COWBOYS
    BY
    GORDON PARKS

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2018 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

I heard somewhere recently something we never thought about with time travel (Or at least I didn't)

Bacteria.

Right now, we have antibodies and diseases in us, that if we went back in time, we would expose another time to diseases they didn't know about and antibodies they wouldn't have, and if we went to the future, we would be defenseless against whatever diseases THEY have.

That made me second think time travel. XD
    Last edited by Takatofan1986; 03-08-2018 at 09:33 PM.

Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Ice Cream Laptop 255 - Torchic
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2018 02:13 PM
    Threads

Time is an illusion in the first place.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Rageface
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Top time traveling TV shows, according to one opinion.

DRUG STORE COWBOYS
    BY
    GORDON PARKS

Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2018 08:52 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

Quote Originally Posted by Takatofan1986 View Post
    I heard somewhere recently something we never thought about with time travel (Or at least I didn't)

Bacteria.

Right now, we have antibodies and diseases in us, that if we went back in time, we would expose another time to diseases they didn't know about and antibodies they wouldn't have, and if we went to the future, we would be defenseless against whatever diseases THEY have.

That made me second think time travel. XD
    Also, you got to realize that some diseases and bacteria probably died out in world cataclysms like the multiple ice ages the Earth has experienced or asteroid collisions that fried it's atmosphere. If we went back in time, we'd be exposed to viruses that our immune systems aren't prepared for. Some even died off just through mammal's natural immunity.

On top of that, think of this. There were more polio viral cells in the air in the 1700 and 1800s then there are now. Immunized or not, would you like an army of 200 coming at you or 2.1 million? Don't even ask about the Black Death plague.

We'd be just as threatened by time travel as we would be the threat to those we travel back to see.

-----------
    Come to think of it, wouldn't you be adding more mass to the planet? You're also bringing surrounding atmosphere to that time frame. Minute, yes, but matters like this can be sensitive in nature.
    Last edited by CapnJack; 03-25-2018 at 12:47 AM.

Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Rageface
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Then there's this:

DRUG STORE COWBOYS
    BY
    GORDON PARKS

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information