AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Create your own sequel/spin-off

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 08:08 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Create your own sequel/spin-off

I'm posting this under Fan Fic, since I figure it's as good place as any.

Pick an anime. Any anime. And come up with your own sequel or spin-off. Include a synopsis of what the new series would be about.

Unnamed Blood+ Spinoff. At the end of Blood+, we are told that Mao and Akihiro go off together and have a series of adventures. How about a sequel showing those adventures? Akihiro travels the world as an independent journalist covering stories no one else seems to find, most of which deal with the supernatural. Mao tags alone as his sidekick and whatever else. Oh, and Nathan returns. He will show up every now and then with some plot which strings our heroes along, though mostly he stays in the background. And he manages to revive Riku, only Riku has no memory of his past or who he is. All he knows is that Nathan is his benefactor and he must do as Nathan says.

Steins;GateX2. A sequel to Steins;Gate, the story picks up a year or two after the original. Okabe and Kurisu are now officially a couple, but not totally recovered from their experiments with time. Kurisu seems to be drifting into an alternate reality created by Okabe during one of his attempts to meddle in the past, from the previous series. Though he has given up on manipulating time, Okabe must again dive into the past when during one of her drifts Kurisu disappears.

Maybe more later. Meanwhile, post yours.
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 06-16-2019 at 09:44 AM.

Jarry Park, Montreal

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

Default Re: Create your own sequel/spin-off

Question: I have several ideas that jump to my mind, but I do know several of these anime's have Manga that goes on longer, so should those be discounted?

For example, Space Brothers. The original anime was about two brothers, (...Either 28 and 29 or 29 and 30...) who, when they were young swore they would be astronauts. But, the older gave up on the dream as adulthood set in, but the younger went for it, and became an astronaut. After getting fired (I wanna say he punched his boss?) He ended up following his dream and getting back into the space program late in life. The series was very interesting, but the series ended without him going to space. (The younger one did though.) But he was still training. Though I enjoyed the ride, it was a little disappointing to have 99 episodes and end without a big resolution. So on instinct I'd say that, but then I DO know the manga went on, so should I not say that? And there are several other animes I would like to see sequels to, but I know there's manga of, but dunno where the story goes.

I guess I do have one other regular submission for the thread though, that Manga isn't a factor. It's more of a situational anime that doesn't need a plot. More of an obscure anime, but one of my favorites:

Detective Academy Q

Just a special high school for future detectives, and they would go around and solve crimes. I really enjoyed it, and wish there were more shows like it. (I couldn't get into Detective Conan for some reason)

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ The first anime you mentioned sounds like Moonlight Mile, except MM had two friends, one Japanese and one American, who follow separate trails to get to the moon. I only saw season one. It was pretty good, only the Japanese character kept flicking his d-ck at everyone.

Anyway, I am thinking of entirely new series which are based on the original or a spin-off featuring minor characters in the lead. But if you want to come up with an original continuation to a series which ended prematurely, that's OK I guess. Call it Space Brothers X2, or Space Brothers Z, or Space, Oh Brother!

Jarry Park, Montreal

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

(I was planning on replying to this when I had more time, as now that I understand it I have some more ideas, but, now I'm out of time, and I'm going on vacation for a week and a couple days, so, I'll reply when I get back! Have a great week everyone!!)

(And thanks for telling me about that other space anime, I added it to my list!)

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ Moonlight Mile? It's OK. Just don't expect a groundbreaking classic.

Jarry Park, Montreal

Reservoir n00b Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Floppy Fox 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2019 10:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: xtycke

Ok, disclaimer that I am not a Sword Art Online fan in the slightest. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if someone has done this already (I haven't seen the abridged series).

SAO season one. No one actually gets stuck in the game but they're all super nerd/game addicts that one upped each other to the point that everyone claims they're stuck in the game. If a party member logs off or dies they're effectively considered dead and can't rejoin their party or guild and since everyone is anti-social the person has to find a new guild/party and is "reborn"...but they're just their normal character. The men are men. The women are men (Asuna included). And the lolis are cops. Otherwise the show is pretty much the same but less edge and more IRL stupid MMO BS that people do. You know, names like "S3xyG4m3rG1rl69", innuendos with the spells/abilities, general d-baggery and trolling, the whole she-bang. The main baddy is still in the show and is still obsessed with Asuna, but what really kills him is when Asuna speaks in his real voice.
    Last edited by Tycke; 06-20-2019 at 09:19 PM.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Mic Dr Who Tardis Guy Fawkes Mask
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2020 12:43 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Senevir PSN ID: Senevir Steam ID: Senevir

Quote Originally Posted by Tycke View Post
    …but what really kills him is when Asuna speaks in his real voice.
    That sold me.
    Also, the abridged series is worth the watch. The ending expressed all of my own feelings about the actual end.

Come and join me in FFXIV.
    Gaia Data Centre (Valefor) ~ Senevir Vae'talhrin | Chaos Data Centre (Omega) ~ Myrrh'a Afhkaar
    Elemental Data Centre (Atomos) ~ Kharsarnai Khrui | Mana Data Centre (Masamune) ~ Gakuto Ren

Have a lyrics request? Feel free to ask. Specialty - Vocaloid and other doujin music.
    Subject to availability.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ah, this old thread has been revived!

How about a sequel to Witch Hunter Robin, where we get the further adventures of Robin and Amon?

Anyone else know this series?

Jarry Park, Montreal

Banned Forum / Chat DEINIMKATY is on a distinguished road DEINIMKATY's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2019 05:01 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Takatofan1986 View Post
    Question: I have several ideas that jump to my mind, but I do know several of these anime's have Manga that goes on longer, so should those be discounted?

For example, Space Brothers. The original anime was about two brothers, (...Either 28 and 29 or 29 and 30...) who, when they were young swore they would be astronauts. But, the older gave up on the dream as adulthood set in, but the younger went for it, and became an astronaut. After getting fired (I wanna say he punched his boss?) He ended up following his dream and getting back into the space program late in life. The series was very interesting, but the series ended without him going to space. (The younger one did though.) But he was still training. Though I enjoyed the ride, it was a little disappointing to have 99 episodes and end without a big resolution. So on instinct I'd say that, but then I DO know the manga went on, so should I not say that? And there are several other animes I would like to see sequels to, but I know there's manga of, but dunno where the story goes.

I guess I do have one other regular submission for the thread though, that Manga isn't a factor. It's more of a situational anime that doesn't need a plot. More of an obscure anime, but one of my favorites:

Detective Academy Q

Just a special high school for future detectives, and they would go around and solve crimes. I really enjoyed it, and wish there were more shows like it. (I couldn't get into Detective Conan for some reason)
    Steins;GateX2. A sequel to Steins;Gate, the story picks up a year or two after the original. Okabe and Kurisu are now officially a couple, but not totally recovered from their experiments with time. Kurisu seems to be drifting into an alternate reality created by Okabe during one of his attempts to meddle in the past, from the previous series. Though he has given up on manipulating time, Okabe must again dive into the past when during one of her drifts Kurisu disappears.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information