AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Submitting kanji only?

Junior Member fllthdcrb is on a distinguished road fllthdcrb's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2023 09:42 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Question Submitting kanji only?

Hi. I have the printed lyrics for a couple of songs that are not in the system (nor is the show). I can't translate them (at least nothing you could rely on), but I can transcribe the Japanese text. In fact, I already finished one, and carefully checked its accuracy.

Would it be possible to submit something like that, without anything else in place? If so, how? I looked at the Shift-JIS forum, but it looks like that's for things already in the system.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2022 08:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: Submitting kanji only?

If you can transcribe a song, then just doing the (rather short) test (https://www.animelyrics.com/index.php?action=jptest) should be trivial for you. AFAIK you don't need to pass/attempt the translation bit to submit romaji, only the romanisation bit.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I meant "transcribe" as in copying the text (kanji and all), not romanizing.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Ah I see, then as far as I'm aware, that's not really something you can submit to the database unless you can get someone to romanise it.
    ...also out of interest how are you inputting the kanji into the computer if not by romaji/kana input? Are you drawing out each character into an optical recognition system like in Google Translate?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Fuukanou View Post
    Ah I see, then as far as I'm aware, that's not really something you can submit to the database unless you can get someone to romanise it.
    Hmm. Too bad. Well, maybe I could submit a request with the kanji included, then?

...also out of interest how are you inputting the kanji into the computer if not by romaji/kana input? Are you drawing out each character into an optical recognition system like in Google Translate?
    Yup, that's exactly it. And then I carefully check over the results to make sure they're correct.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by fllthdcrb View Post
    Hmm. Too bad. Well, maybe I could submit a request with the kanji included, then?

Yup, that's exactly it. And then I carefully check over the results to make sure they're correct.
    Hate to be a stickler but have you tried searching for the songs you're transcribing on other sites like:
    https://utaten.com/ and http://www.kasi-time.com/ (note you will have to search the titles and singers in Japanese)? In many cases anything you'd want is already transcribed (and if it's not there you're kinda screwed) from the official lyrics sheets. There's no need to do work that someone else has unless you're doing it for practice, you see.
    Last edited by Fuukanou; 02-12-2018 at 02:32 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Nope, not there. Not surprising, given that the album in question is a doujin product not being sold through normal channels. I can find the lyrics in a few places by googling, but I don't know how reliable those are. I guess you have a point, though. It might be easier to pull them from somewhere and just make corrections as necessary. But whatever.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Mic Dr Who Tardis Guy Fawkes Mask
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2020 12:43 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Senevir PSN ID: Senevir Steam ID: Senevir

You have peaked my interest.
    I spend a lot of time transcribing lyrics from doujin lyric booklets that exist nowhere else. I have a physical collection that recently hit over 1000 (I might have a sli~ght addiction =P).

Doujin lyrics take a lot of creative liberty, and I know what an arduous task it can be.
    If you can provide me with the lyric sheet, I can check over the lyrics. I might even have the album myself.
    Which singer/circle is the song by?

....Doujin music for life.
    Last edited by Hikarin; 02-13-2018 at 04:04 AM.

Come and join me in FFXIV.
    Gaia Data Centre (Valefor) ~ Senevir Vae'talhrin | Chaos Data Centre (Omega) ~ Myrrh'a Afhkaar
    Elemental Data Centre (Atomos) ~ Kharsarnai Khrui | Mana Data Centre (Masamune) ~ Gakuto Ren

Have a lyrics request? Feel free to ask. Specialty - Vocaloid and other doujin music.
    Subject to availability.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Hikarin View Post
    If you can provide me with the lyric sheet, I can check over the lyrics. I might even have the album myself.
    Which singer/circle is the song by?
    I should clarify that the singers themselves are professional, but were commissioned by a doujin circle for their (not specifically music) project. So, it's not really "doujin music", per se. But in case you didn't just totally lose interest, I entered the information, including the album art where the lyrics can be found, in MusicBrainz at https://musicbrainz.org/release/2a95...5-dd0b73d1fef0 .

Oh, and YouTube videos with the full songs (might be helpful especially for the OP song, where they confusingly notated both backing lyrics and furigana the same way):

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Mic Dr Who Tardis Guy Fawkes Mask
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2020 12:43 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Senevir PSN ID: Senevir Steam ID: Senevir

Pfft.... of course it's from an eroge. xD

In any case, I found by some manner of luck the lyrics of those two songs online. Though, I have no way of knowing whether they are from the lyrics booklet or not. Unfortunately, it seems that the CD for the OVA was released only as a package. It's not something I am willing to lay my hands on given the cost.
    I also found a lyrics booklet with the lyrics to "Taiyou Paradise" and "Nekomanma Biyori".

To note, many of the singers listed as participants were at some point considered doujin artists and have since progressed.
    KOTOKO somewhat, she certainly grew to fame. fripside, which nao was the original lead singer of was once considered a doujin band but grew to fame very quickly. As for Shimotsuki Haruka, although she does a lot of mainstream work these days, I still consider her a doujin artist since Shimotsukin still works on many albums I would class as such, albeit the high-end variety.

In any case, if @Fuukanou would like to jump in and lay claim to any of these songs, he's more than welcome. I can provide you with the lyrics I have found.
    Otherwise, I can do some of them. I don't really mind either way - I have other projects.

Come and join me in FFXIV.
    Gaia Data Centre (Valefor) ~ Senevir Vae'talhrin | Chaos Data Centre (Omega) ~ Myrrh'a Afhkaar
    Elemental Data Centre (Atomos) ~ Kharsarnai Khrui | Mana Data Centre (Masamune) ~ Gakuto Ren

Have a lyrics request? Feel free to ask. Specialty - Vocaloid and other doujin music.
    Subject to availability.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

In any case, if @Fuukanou would like to jump in and lay claim to any of these songs, he's more than welcome. I can provide you with the lyrics I have found.
    Otherwise, I can do some of them. I don't really mind either way - I have other projects.
    Thanks for the offer, but please, be my guest.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Pfft.... of course it's from an eroge. xD
    Haha. Well, the VNs are such (though also available censored). The OVA itself is quite clean, for better or worse.

Unfortunately, it seems that the CD for the OVA was released only as a package. It's not something I am willing to lay my hands on given the cost.
    Yeah, AFAICT, the only way to get it is in the LE set, while it's still available.

Anyway, thanks.
    Last edited by fllthdcrb; 02-13-2018 at 02:41 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information