Who is The Irresponsible Captain Tylor? Good question. After watching this nine chapter OVA, I have no idea. Tylor is laid back and lets practically nothing phase him. But I seem to have missed the irresponsible part. You almost miss Tylor, who really does not much of anything except for the first episode and the end of the last. But what else should I expect from an OVA? I should expect a little taste which would interest me in the actual series. But this OVA is just not that tasty.

This is an OVA of a longer series, in which the scenes have apparently been re-edited to the point where important details are left out and the chronology of events is confused. The first three episodes go well enough, but after that forget any story-line. It is not worth the effort of trying to follow.

The animation is not all that good. Even the action scenes look routine. As the United Earth Command and the Holy Raalgon Empire square off to do battle, expectations are high. But expectations are mostly left hanging in the wind.

Although The Irresponsible Captain Tylor has some good moments, overall I cannot recommend it for anything except wasting one’s time.