AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I've Decided to Become an Otome Game Writer

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Mic Dr Who Tardis Guy Fawkes Mask
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2020 12:43 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Senevir PSN ID: Senevir Steam ID: Senevir

Post I've Decided to Become an Otome Game Writer

I really didn't know where best to place this thread, so I hope that here is okay.

I've been playing a lot of Otome games in the last year and while I'm having fun, I am also becoming a bit frustrated with being painted 90% of the time as a woman with 0% past experience with men, as well as the classic modest Japanese stereotype. The Yamato Nadeshiko.
    If I'm going to play one of these games, then I want to convey the personality I choose. So I've decided to make my own.

Actually, I have three plots written down as to otome games that I would like to make.
    Here's the thing : I need YOUR (the community's) help.

In what way can I gain help from you?
    Well, everyone has their own tastes in men that they like, right? I would normally avoid stereotypes, but being an otome game, women (or men) want what they want. There's no way around that.
    Still, I want to be able to cover many different women's preferences, while still creating an interesting character.
    I'm currently writing up a rough draft on the types of men that you might encounter, but I would love to hear your opinions on what kind of men I should include.
    I know that I have my own likes and dislikes, but that does not mean the story should be rendered to only my taste. I really want to write something with a route that everyone can enjoy.

So, please tell me.

(You may mention more than one)

1 ) What type of personality/traits do you prefer in men?
    2 ) What physical appearance do you like in men?
    3 ) If you were playing an otome game, what kind of woman would you want to give a voice to (confidence and personality wise)?
    4 ) <Please mention anything else you think might be of help>

As a little background, most games tend to have you assume the role of a woman in her mid 20s. This seems like a safe and flexible age.
    I will probably also set it in Japan. There are admittedly many Japanese women who eat up these kinds of games, so it would only make sense.

Here are a few examples of the types of men you might consider :
    *The Younger Guy
    *The Older Guy
    *The Shota-esque Guy
    *The Tease
    *The Cool Guy
    *The Cold Guy
    *The Reticent Guy

....and for those of you wondering what an "otome" game is.... yeah. It's basically a visual novel-style game in which a woman wins a man's affection. So, the reverse of most visual novels, basically. Though they don't really follow a harem theme, and more of a route that you select.
    They can be subtle in their storytelling, or a little more.... revealing.
    Last edited by Hikarin; 01-13-2018 at 09:51 AM.

Come and join me in FFXIV.
    Gaia Data Centre (Valefor) ~ Senevir Vae'talhrin | Chaos Data Centre (Omega) ~ Myrrh'a Afhkaar
    Elemental Data Centre (Atomos) ~ Kharsarnai Khrui | Mana Data Centre (Masamune) ~ Gakuto Ren

Have a lyrics request? Feel free to ask. Specialty - Vocaloid and other doujin music.
    Subject to availability.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information