AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Upcoming Ghibli movies

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Upcoming Ghibli movies

Ah Ghibli!

Last edited by Clayton_n; 12-28-2017 at 06:22 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-12-2024 01:59 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Upcoming Ghibli movies

It looks like Studio Ghibli, but it says Studio Ponoc. What's with that?

And all those British accents! Weird.

Feed your cat!

Senior Member Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2019 05:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    It looks like Studio Ghibli, but it says Studio Ponoc. What's with that?

And all those British accents! Weird.
    I looked it up and it says that Yoshiaki Nishimura founded Studio Ponoc on April 15, 2015 with several animators formerly with Studio Ghibli. And this is there first feature film.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

So what's going on at Ghibli?

I checked their website: http://www.ghibli.jp/ It's in Japanese, but I used Google Translate to get it in English. They reportedly hired new people a while back. From earlier this month:

"Well, Studio Ghibli replaced the president at the end of last month. Koji Hoshino, who has served as president for nearly 10 years, became president, and Kiyumi Nakajima, the director of the Ghibli museum, was appointed as the new president. Director of the museum got inaugurated by Anzai Kosugi, who was the director of the exhibition. Three people, Hoshino, Nakajima and Anzai, gathered in front of each other at dinner time for everyone on the first day of employee travel, so everyone on the spot renewed their feelings. Good luck with the studio and the art museum which became a new structure."

I did not see any mention of new films or anime projects. I could have missed them.

Feed your cat!

Junior Member Kuro_Okami is on a distinguished road Kuro_Okami's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-02-2018 04:42 PM
    Threads

The voice actors weren't all that weird, different though and would take a minute to get used to. XD

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Anyway, is this coming to theaters or will we have to wait for the DVD again?
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Anyway, is this coming to theaters or will we have to wait for the DVD again?
    The other night I went to the movies and saw the trailer, so I would say it is getting a theater release. Though many anime films do not get a large release, so unless you live in a good movie town, you may have to wait.

BTW, the movie I went to see was Darkest Hour. Gary Oldman was fantastic as Churchill. He totally disappears into the role.

Feed your cat!

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Always does. You should see him in "Interstate 60"

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Robert Duvall does the same thing. I never see Duvall in any of his movies. Only his character.

If you are into classic Hollywood, the same goes for William Bendix.

Feed your cat!

Senior Member Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My local movie theater is doing a Studio Ghibli fest this year and showing nine movies, one a month. I have only seen Princess Mononoke, and Spirited Away, I plan on seeing these ones again on the big screen. How are the others, if you have seen any of them?

There showing
    Ponyo (March)
    The Cat Returns (april)
    Porco Rosso (may)
    Pom Poko (june)
    Princess Mononoke (july)
    Grave of the fireflies (august)
    My Neighbor Totoro(September)
    Spirited away (october)
    Castle in the sky (november)

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ponyo is nice children's movie, but the artwork in impressive. It sort of reminded me of van Gogh. It is worth seeing, even for adults.

Porco Russo I didn't really like, but I would like to give it a second chance.

Pom Poko is a film with an environmental message for today. It was also meant for Japanese children, though some parents may find one scene questionable for their kids. Other than the story, artistically and cinematically it really did not make too much of an impression on me.

Grave of the Fireflies is about a young man caring for his little sister during and after WWII. It's a heartbreaker, but has a strong anti-war message. Not for little kids by any means, but one you do not want to miss.

My Neighbor Totoro is a kids' fantasy film, but still worth it for an adult to see. Again, great artistry. Some Americans may feel a bit uncomfortable with the bath scene, but remember this is Japan.

Castle in the Sky is a great adventure story where two kids join up with pirates. This is a great family film.

Feed your cat!

Gil
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Ponyo is nice children's movie, but the artwork in impressive. It sort of reminded me of van Gogh. It is worth seeing, even for adults.

Porco Russo I didn't really like, but I would like to give it a second chance.

Pom Poko is a film with an environmental message for today. It was also meant for Japanese children, though some parents may find one scene questionable for their kids. Other than the story, artistically and cinematically it really did not make too much of an impression on me.

Grave of the Fireflies is about a young man caring for his little sister during and after WWII. It's a heartbreaker, but has a strong anti-war message. Not for little kids by any means, but one you do not want to miss.

My Neighbor Totoro is a kids' fantasy film, but still worth it for an adult to see. Again, great artistry. Some Americans may feel a bit uncomfortable with the bath scene, but remember this is Japan.

Castle in the Sky is a great adventure story where two kids join up with pirates. This is a great family film.
    Thanks for the feedback, I am defiantly going to check out castle in the sky and grave of the fireflies. If I have the money and time I might check out the others but I will most likely just watch them on the internet.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Just be prepared to cry during and after Grave of the Fireflies.

Feed your cat!

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 08:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Who CARES!! We’ve got no time for B-rated movies!!

#Invasion@AF
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information