AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: National Anime Song Translation Month '17 Participation Thread

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Default National Anime Song Translation Month '17 Participation Thread

It's that time of year again, translators!

The idea, basically, is to spend a month pushing yourself to translate as many songs as is within your capability. (Despite the name, these don't have to be anime songs specifically--just something that falls within the purview of this site.) If you are a Lv. 2 Contributor to AnimeLyrics and wish to participate, please reply to this thread with your song list (explained below).
    • The event starts when the clock strikes 12 midnight (00:00) on December 1st in your timezone, and ends at 11:59 on December 31st. This means that different people will have different start and end times.
    • This year, we're going to try something new by allowing people to sign up during the month of December, after the submission period has begun. However, the minimum target number of songs will not change for people who sign up late.
    • Incomplete or double submissions do not count.
    • Please do not simply put up lyrics that you have done beforehand, that is against the spirit of this challenge.
    • If the transliteration is not on the site yet, you are allowed to submit the translit before the event starts.
    • Translations from the event are immune from being replaced via Lyrics Correction for a month.
    • You will declare a specific target number of submissions (which may be changed anytime before the challenge begins, but not after) that is based on your translating capabilities.
    • For translators who have been active for two years or less or have fewer than twenty translations on the site, the minimum target is ten songs. (You only have to meet one of these criteria to go for the lower target.) For more senior translators, the minimum is twenty-four. Your target number may be adjusted until December 1st.
    • In addition, you are to provide a song list adding up to roughly half your target number. This is your Compulsory Songs (CS) set. CS are songs you are committing to having translated by the end of the month. Only one translator participating in the challenge may have any given song on their CS list, and the song cannot already have a translation up on the site (check carefully; one year I missed that five whole songs on my list were already up).
    • The rest of your target number is made up of Freechoice Songs (FS). Any song you translate during the month of December that's not on your CS list counts toward your FS total. For example, if your target number is thirty-one, you could put sixteen songs on your CS list; you would then need to translate fifteen songs not on your CS list to make your target. (You could also pick fifteen CS songs and leave sixteen as FS, or seventeen and fourteen, as long as it's roughly half-and-half.)
    • If a song in your CS set has been translated by a non-participant during the event, you will be notified through PM to attempt it within 3 days.
    • If your t/l is judged to be superior, it will be put up on the site, which will count towards your CS list.
    • If your t/l is inferior, it will not be put up on the site, but will not be struck off your CS list.
    • If you do not respond with a t/l in 3 days, your song will be struck off from the CS list.
    • If a song from your CS set is struck off, you must make it up by translating two FS songs, increasing your target number. For example, if your target number is twenty-four with a CS set of fifteen, and four of those songs are struck off, not only do you have to translate four FS songs to make up for the CS songs you didn't do, you have to translate four extra FS songs, for a total of twenty-eight.
    • You are allowed to exceed your FS count and thus your target number.

Confirmed Participants (CS/TN):
    Last edited by EJTranslations; 11-14-2017 at 07:51 PM.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2022 08:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: National Anime Song Translation Month '17 Participation Thread

I'd have loved to sign up for this, but I don't think I can do that many translations that quickly. Had the "don't post lyrics you've already done but not posted" rule not existed (but I'm not saying it's a bad rule- far from it) I have exactly 24 translations waiting for checking and polishing ahahaha. Out of interest, who's doing the judging on the translations? Also, now I think about it, what country is it the national month of anison translations for...
    Last edited by Fuukanou; 11-14-2017 at 03:42 PM.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Snowman PPG Blossom Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2020 02:10 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I wanted to do it cause I couldn't last year, but this time O Levels are keeping me from it. T_T Maybe next year :/
    SoundCloud: Angery
    Short covers on Instagram: @project_mercury
    YouTubes: Angery Project Mercury

- views and any interaction all appreciated.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Fuukanou View Post
    I'd have loved to sign up for this, but I don't think I can do that many translations that quickly. Had the "don't post lyrics you've already done but not posted" rule not existed (but I'm not saying it's a bad rule- far from it) I have exactly 24 translations waiting for checking and polishing ahahaha. Out of interest, who's doing the judging on the translations? Also, now I think about it, what country is it the national month of anison translations for...
    You're still eligible for the ten-song target, if that helps? But if you want to sort of play along unofficially, setting a goal of polishing up and posting your 24 in-progress translations and posting in this thread about your progress without being eligible to "win" (not that winning gets you anything much), I think that would be fine.

As for who judges in the case of double submissions, theoretically that would be me, but it's never happened in the years I've been running this challenge, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

The country of AnimeLyrics.com, naturally! We're totally a country, don't question this.

Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Favorite Bioshock Syringe Bioshock Eve
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2019 06:35 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aozorapen

Ahhh I'm in Japan right now, and I'll be starting my new job on the 28th, so I'm not sure if I'll have the time or energy. Will see how it goes!

できねぇ時?
    そん時ゃ諸共心中だよ

bambooXZX will become famous soon enough bambooXZX's Avatar
    Gil
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-18-2023 04:37 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

hm I think I have three years now where I've signed up and proceeded to accomplish nothing, but surely I can break the trend eventually...

I'll probably modify my list from last year, seeing how badly I got ganked by external interference (as opposed to my own lethargy alone) and I still want to achieve those goals

if I can manage things, though, I know I do want to make progress posts more frequently so it feels less like a solitary trek
    Last edited by bambooXZX; 11-15-2017 at 03:39 AM.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Sorry, I know this isn't the best time of year for a lot of people. If this is finally the year when no one can actually participate, then I'll try this again in the spring or summer. Even if this does happen, I might try a different translating event in the spring/summer--I would just have to figure out what. :P I think the twenty-four-hour translation challenges we used to have are a little intense for most people (including me).

Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Favorite Bioshock Syringe Bioshock Eve
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2019 06:35 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aozorapen

@bluepenguin Yeah, that might be for the best (:

できねぇ時?
    そん時ゃ諸共心中だよ

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Little Big Planet Sackboy Neko Tv Prinny
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2019 07:48 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: azutsukimiya

Oh hi guys!

I give you no guarantees I'd be joining but posting here would certainly boost my chances by about a few percents~
    EDIT: I'm fine with postponing too lol
    Last edited by AzureDark; 11-20-2017 at 07:10 AM.

...so that you know where you can find me

10. Likes EJTranslations liked this post
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Okay, I think at this point, with no one having definitively committed to the challenge, we're postponing this. I'll try in the spring.

Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Mic Dr Who Tardis Guy Fawkes Mask
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2020 12:43 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Senevir PSN ID: Senevir Steam ID: Senevir

@bluepenguin
    If it's being held in the Spring, even I might be able to join in. Translating on average a song a day.... I haven't done that in a long time. xD
    Though given my lack of a constant presence on this site.... if you can mention me in a post so that I receive a notification when the time comes, that would be awesome. =3

Come and join me in FFXIV.
    Gaia Data Centre (Valefor) ~ Senevir Vae'talhrin | Chaos Data Centre (Omega) ~ Myrrh'a Afhkaar
    Elemental Data Centre (Atomos) ~ Kharsarnai Khrui | Mana Data Centre (Masamune) ~ Gakuto Ren

Have a lyrics request? Feel free to ask. Specialty - Vocaloid and other doujin music.
    Subject to availability.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information