AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Restored Anime

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Restored Anime

Okay I put down a whole lot of money on some new anime DVDs, mostly from Walmart though I bought a couple used at the local convention I was at. (Walmart has amazing deals on Anime!)

Anyway I was watching One Piece and was pleasantly surprised to see that Funimation fixed it from the way 4kids *&^^*T*O&T!?!?! it up. They even got new voice actors where needed. Then I watched DBZ... (6 seasons $60!)

I had watched it when it aired loe those many years ago on CN. I thought, okay they edited out a little blood, a few swear words, some alcohol, and some provocative clothes. Didn't like it, but hey, it's public TV.

Then I saw when they did Z kai and everything from Blue Popo to the other horrors they perpetrated... ye gods!

Now though I saw DBZ on DvD... and CN apparently gutted the thing almost as badly! Did you know Launch/Lunch was in a lot of the first season episodes. I mean... YIKES! They must have taken out half the series!

Has anyone else seen a restored anime and been shocked by how messed up the edited version was?
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 11-09-2017 at 04:41 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2019 05:17 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Restored Anime

I did not know Bandit Keith pointed a gun at Pegasus.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information