So, I'm a very paranoid person anyway.... So I wanted to tell you guys whats going on and ask you weither or not I should be worried...

I had a Gmail account I made in 2004. In 2006, I was at college, and logged in and accidentally hit "Always remember me" (and I wasn't smart enough to realize that would be erased when I logged out...) But I sat there and made a new account, (the main one I still use to this day), deleted all my messages, and set up that if I got emails there they would be forwarded. I realized soon after, that the computer wouldn't really save my password, but I decided the original was a stupid name anyway, and I had already set up forwarding and everything, so I kept the new one I had made.

Every great once in a while I would log into the first one again, but around 2008-10 I lost the ability to log into it. I don't really know at that point if it already got hacked, or if I had just tried to use the wrong password too many times, but I couldn't get into it.

I also had a hotmail account for my MSN messenger. (Miss those days...)

After a few couple years, I tried again randomly, to get back into the original acount, but the security questions made it seem like someone was actively using it (IE, "What devices is this account connected to? - But I never had it on any devices). I gave up, but to this day I still (though not often but occasionally) get emails from that account forwarded like I had set up, newsletters and things like that. But no conversation reply, and I'd get that if there were any, right?

In... 2014 I think it was, was when the big crap happened.... At just about the same time, my Gmail and Hotmail accounts got hacked.... Now, first thing, (Trying to make myself less paranoid) The "Email name" was the same on both '[email protected]' the 'email' was the same (Not my actual email! Just an example) and ALSO, I had both of them set up for eachother for security codes, so they could have hacked one and saw the name for the other (probably the same password too at the time...)

I recoverd them, and I bit the bullet and gave Gmail my phone number. I hated doing that, but it seemes like the safest thing.

In the years since then, Ive started getting new security alerts to that very first account for new logins (In paris usually...) and even though I'm 99% sure there wasn't anything interesting in that account anymore, it still makes me uneasy.

Today, my secondary Gmail account got hacked. Somehow google knew it wasn't me and deactivated the account (and they said they deleted some emails... that freaks me out o.o what were they doing?? o.o)

I feel stupid because, I had that account delegated from my main account, so I assumed it had the same security with the phone number, but I guess not... (But I put it there now....)

But I was able to recover everything, and when I did.... they had sent a request for a password reset at facebook o.o So I was freaked out THAT got hacked too, but it seems that they didnt use it, there were no other devices signed in, but I "Signed out of all devices" and changed the password to be safe.

So my question....

Does it sound to you that I am being targeted/attacked? Or do you think that over the course of many years, with hackers and stuff, this kind of thing 'just happens' occasionally?