AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Annoying People!

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 08:40 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Annoying People!

Q: Do you have to deal with annoying people in your life? If so, what do you do to deflect their irritating ways?
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

Default Re: Annoying People!

Heh sometimes. It really depends though. I have some clients for my freelance IT work who are definitely a bit annoying, but there it's mostly patience and staying calm are the answers. After all, they're paying me by the clock, so I can deal with them for a while. In general though, I tend to take the diplomatic/polite approaches to people who might be bothering me, and if possible my first reaction tends to be to remove myself from the area.

AF's Resident Jerk Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Coke Candlejack Bullets
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2021 10:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Nephthys1

So the thing is, ...I find most people annoying and that isn't because of any kind of elitist mess it just happens to be true.

1.Lazy people. I'll even give you an example. Everybody at some point in their lives goes through a phase where they want to write a book right? That's not the issue. My issue is when people actually write the book. Then it comes out to be like 68 pages. They did absolutely no work in terms of researching anything, there was not story mapping or plot lines, there is barely any dialogue because they didn't take the time to maybe take a few courses in creative writing or hell even just watch some youtube videos. The book is filled with cliches and then they whine and cry on social media because no one wants to read, let alone buy their book. You get back what you put out.

2. People who grand stand and virtue signal. People who seem to think that everything is black and white without any regards to the large complexity of morality throughout the world. The far left is a really good example of that these days. People tend to virtue signal on issues that they assume to be right without taking into account that there might be a bigger picture. For example, the far lefts inability to understand that there is a legitimate concern regarding the issue of immigration. You would have thought someone would have learned something from the Trojan horse story https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_Horse but apparently not because if you want to have a serious talk about immigration you'd at best most likely be called "uneducated" but more than likely you'd be called something close to "A bigoted uneducated Islamaphobe." The funny thing is they believe they are so right in their grand standing, bless their hearts.

3. People who accept criminal/deviant culture as some kind of badge of honor. I think this mostly annoys me because this is actually the kind of family I grew up in. My family sold drugs all throughout metropolitan Atlanta, and I was a bit of a black sheep because I had no interest in it. Never the less, that didn't stop it from having an affect on me and because my family didn't push for education, I didn't really excel the way that I could have had I not been exposed to criminality. I do believe that this culture is highly directed at the black community. You can kind of see that in rap and hip hop culture. It is also directed at impoverished communities. Never the less there has to be some personal responsibility here. This one gets really complicated because it goes into poverty, upward mobility, the effects of racial discrimination etc etc. That being said I just can't stand to see people being so boastful about going to jail, committing crimes, joining gangs.

4. The perpetual victim. I think everyone has come across this at some point in their lives. I am going to say something people are not going to like. Oh well. I get that there are a lot of things that happen in the world and they can severely effect you. However, I assure you it can be a lot worse, especially if you live in the United States. Many women in the states have felt the trauma of sexual assault at some point or another, and I get that this is not an easy thing to get over and that it will require some healing time. However, if you use this as an excuse your whole life constantly seeking sympathy and using it as a reason for why you can't maintain your responsibilities and why you can't seem to cope. I hate to say it but I am going to have very little sympathy for you. I don't mean people who are trying to heal, I mean people who take on the "woe is me, and I am the only one this ever happens to" mentality. This doesn't go for just assault, I mean for anything, childhood abuse included. I suggest you pull yourself out of your own self absorption for a moment and take some time to research things that are going on around the world like the mass genocides, the complete lack of freedom in North Korea, .. the state of living in despotic areas like Syria. It really helps put things in perspective.

Well, I could go on but we would be here all night. So Imma call it quits for now. Besides these are just my feelings on the matter, take them as you will. In regards to your question of deflecting them. I rarely talk about these things with people in my life, I tend to remove myself from these conversations if I can. Online I just tend to unfollow people.
    Last edited by Nephthys; 07-28-2017 at 06:42 PM.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2024 05:34 PM
    Threads

I'm a hermit. So no.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

5. Likes DOOM! liked this post
    They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

OP needs to boost the consistency of his threads and even add his own stories.
    No, don't find people annoying anymyore once i see through their social masks, just weak, problematic people running their mouths. I deal as much as i can with them and then avoid them when it gets too much.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I stopped coming here.

Best way to cope.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information