AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Top 5 Anime Series Which Need Another Season

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-12-2024 01:59 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Lightbulb Top 5 Anime Series Which Need Another Season

Have we done this before? What anime series deserved or needed a second, third or whatever season? And why? Explain your answer. Don’t include any series which is definitely going to have another season, such as Code Geass. But you can include series which are only rumored to be having another season, such as. . . ?

Here are my top five from the bottom up.

5. Trinity Blood. A second season? How about finishing the first. When the lead producer died, no one wanted to take up the work. So the series ended prematurely killing off the main character only to revive him and send him on his way for a personal war. All that and it was still a rush job. A vampire who drinks the blood of other vampires is a nice touch, though he is a bit goofy in the beginning. And the premature end comes just as it is getting dark!

4. Deadman Wonderland. A teenage boy framed for a grisly murder. Lots of blood. A cute girl. Lots of violence. How could this series have failed? Yet it got such poor ratings in Japan that there was no second season. Poor Ganta is left in that amusement park prison with a blood-thirsty monster at his side. It don’t look good.

3. Boogiepop Phantom. OK, so this story is complete. But the series was based on one of a series of books on the character Boogiepop. So there are more Boogiepop stories to tell. Not a second season, but a new Boogiepop series would be great.

2. Durarara!!X2. This series is the sequel to Durarara!!. Exclamation points included. So what I would like to see may not be a new season of Durarara!!X2, but a sequel – Durarara!!X3. With Izaya skipping town, that may not be possible. But I just want to see Mikado and Anri finally realize they were meant for each other. So what if he is a gang leader and she is a sword wielding demon?

1. The Twelve Kingdoms. This is one of my favorite fantasy anime series, although it has been years since I have watched it. Like Boogiepop, it is based on a series of books. But as I recall, the series only gets to half of the kingdoms, and some of them only in passing. It’s been a while though. Still there are more stories to tell.

Your turn.

Senior Member Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2019 05:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Top 5 Anime Series Which Need Another Season

5. Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor
    4. Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma
    3. Blue exorcist
    2. Silver spoon
    1. Clockwork planet

That is my top 5 I want another season of. There are many more I would like to see continued but these are the top of the list.
    Last edited by Blackmagezero; 07-06-2017 at 11:03 PM.

Senior Member Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts 151 - Mew 035 - Clefairy Red Dango
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-20-2017 02:43 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tmninjacasual

I haven't watched anime in such a long time, I can't really think of five, but their are a few I can think of.

1- Wolf's Rain. It doesn't exactly need a new season, but the ending was so open that it left the watcher to sort of pick what kind of ending it was, and I'd like to see what was going on. Did they make it to paradise? Where they not true to their form? Did it not exist all along? I'm probably going to be rewatching it after this...

2- Gakkou Gurashi. I mean it ended with them leaving to find another safe spot. C'mon who wouldn't want to see a new season of that?! (Just so everyone knows, zombies are like my biggest thing yet. One day they'll come, and we'll all need to be ready to destroy them.)

3- Another- It doesn't need a continued season, since it ended well and everything was put to a close, but I'd like to see a sequel with a different group of classmates and all of that good gory stuff.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmagezero View Post
    3. Blue exorcist
    2. Silver spoon
    I guess Blue Exorcist still has a story to tell, so no problem there. How many seasons of Silver Spoon have you seen? Netflix streaming has both, but I understand that season 3 is under way. Good. I really hope Yuugo and Aki realize they are a perfect couple. Just like Mikado and Anri of Durarara!!

I don't know the others you listed. Say something about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulkin View Post
    1- Wolf's Rain. It doesn't exactly need a new season, but the ending was so open that it left the watcher to sort of pick what kind of ending it was, and I'd like to see what was going on. Did they make it to paradise? Where they not true to their form? Did it not exist all along? I'm probably going to be rewatching it after this...
    I never watched Wolf's Rain. I should probably do something about that. But leaving the ending open is not always a bad thing. Sometimes it is more powerful than a resolution.

For example, the ending of Ajin: Demi-Human's second season was perfect. Was being captured really part of Satou's plan, or is he just mouthing off? We really don't know, but it is clear something was going to happen. Leaving us hanging like that was a powerful punch in the gut. I wouldn't even think of having a season 3 after that because nothing you do could live up to that ending. Unfortunately there are rumors of a season 3.
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 07-07-2017 at 04:39 PM.

Senior Member Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts 151 - Mew 035 - Clefairy Red Dango
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-20-2017 02:43 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tmninjacasual

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    I guess Blue Exorcist still has a story to tell, so no problem there. How many seasons of Silver Spoon have you seen? Netflix streaming has both, but I understand that season 3 is under way. Good. I really hope Yuugo and Aki realize they are a perfect couple. Just like Mikado and Anri of Durarara!!

I don't know the others you listed. Say something about them.

I never watched Wolf's Rain. I should probably do something about that. But leaving the ending open is not always a bad thing. Sometimes it is more powerful than a resolution.

For example, the ending of Ajin: Demi-Human's second season was perfect. Was being captured really part of Satou's plan, or is he just mouthing off? We really don't know, but it is clear something was going to happen. Leaving us hanging like that was a powerful punch in the gut. I wouldn't even think of having a season 3 after that because nothing you do could live up to that ending. Unfortunately there are rumors of a season 3.
    Wolf's Rain is a wonderful anime. The artwork is cool, and it's a pretty serious anime all the way through. It's been one of my favourites since I was 13...It's one of those shows where you just need to rewatch it to get a better understanding I guess? I've rewatched the series about 3 times, and I still find new things I like. (it's short with only 30 episodes)

Senior Member Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2019 05:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I watched both seasons of silver spoon and did not know they were making a 3rd one. So i am excited about that, thanks for the info.

Clockwork planet is an interesting story that takes place 1000 years after the earth dies, and an engineer known as y revives the planet with his knowledge of gears and clockwork. I never know what to put in a description because I don't like or want to spoil anything for anybody.
    Last edited by Blackmagezero; 07-08-2017 at 08:29 PM.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmagezero View Post
    I watched both seasons of silver spoon and did not know they were making a 3rd one. So i am excited about that, thanks for the info.

Clockwork planet is an interesting story that takes place 1000 years after the earth dies, and an engineer known as y revives the planet with his knowledge of gears and clockwork. I never know what to put in a description because I don't like or want to spoil anything for anybody.
    Just a brief synopsis is OK. If you give away any spoilers, don't worry. We know where you live, so we can hunt you down!

Just don't give away any plot twists or the final resolution.

Thinking about Silver Spoon, it's not only Yuugo and Aki I wonder about. I also wonder if there is any more to Ichiro Komaba's story. We last saw him when his family was losing the farm. I was hoping for a happy ending. Maybe a baseball scout would visit and offer a contract to one of Japan's ML teams. But I guess they opted for reality. OK. I can respect that. Realism can be entertaining as well. Maybe it makes it easier to identify with the characters.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Let's get a little life to this thread.

Not a series, but a movie based on a series, Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie: Rebellion needs a sequel. We need to see what happened during the credits which leads up to

Homera's final battle with Kybey, and her apparent suicide
    . If you did not watch the final credits, you missed it.

Ouran High School Host Club needs another season or three. I understand at the end of the manga, Haruhi and Tamaki are married with a child. I would like to see that. I guess I am a softie.

Look over there ---> Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Hyundai Coupe Mario Bowser Shell Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2022 04:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: PrinnyBombed

Quote Originally Posted by Sulkin View Post

If I remember they ALL died by the end. I took it as them making it to Heaven (Paradise). I might need to rewatch it as well.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information