AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 君影草 (Kimikagesou)

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2023 08:47 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default 君影草 (Kimikagesou)

I always struggle with hazu after past tense. Does anyone have a way to understand it?

In particular, 君影草 has the lines
    二人は同じ夢を見てた
    そう信じてたはずなのに
    小さな意地が 距離を作る
    あの時もっと 素直になれたなら

We had the same dream
    ???
    Yet, a small stubbornness became a distance between us.
    If only I could have been more open …
    Does it mean I should have believed we had the same dream, or I assumed we had the same dream, or ...?

Another verse I'm struggling with is
    想い出は美しいまま
    二重にパスワードを掛けて
    大切に 奥のほうに しまっておくよ
    もしパスワードごと
    君のことを奇麗に忘れられたなら
    どんなに 幸せだろう

while you're still beautiful,
    I'll lock my memories [of you] with a double password

and treasure them safely deep inside
    if, passwords and all,

you were forgotten prettily, ???

how happy would it be

I'm not sure how 奇麗に忘れられた is meant to be taken.

Any ideas or suggestions welcome!

Oh, song can be heard .

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2022 08:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: 君影草 (Kimikagesou)

http://ejje.weblio.jp/sentence/conte...9A%E3%81%A0%22

It appears that it it meant to be the former translation "I should have believed that we had the same dream" according to these model sentences. That being said, the latter translation makes more sense in context...

奇麗に忘れられた I believe the 'kirei ni' means like a clean cut, completely, gone as if it were never there. As in "It had been wiped completely from my mind" c.f. さっぱり
    reference definition 3: http://jisho.org/search/%E7%B6%BA%E9%BA%97
    Last edited by Fuukanou; 07-04-2017 at 10:59 AM.

Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

thanks for the comments.

to me, future + hazu suggests that you think that something is likely to will happen even if it's not guaranteed, while past + hazu suggests that something could have had a good chance of happening but didn't for some reason. so そう信じてたはず would mean "it would have been possible to believe that [we had the same dream] but I didn't believe it".

like you say, it would make more sense to say "I assumed that [we had the same dream]" but not sure how you can get that meaning from the sentence. unless it means "I would have thought that you believed it [but you didn't]"? now i'm really confused.

about kirei ni, that interpretation did cross my mind, but then it would mean, "how happy I would be if I clean forgot all about you". that seems a strange. why would he save his memories of her and then be happy if he forgot them? perhaps its his memory of her that's troubling him and he wants to forget all about her and get on with his life, but i don't get that tone from the rest of the lyrics.

Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

FYI I ended up asking the songwriter and it's like I suggested in my last message, he would be happy to forget so as to avoid the internal conflict between loving her and not getting on with her.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2022 08:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

That's a novel solution method if anything...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information