AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Would you write a college paper on an anime?

Junior Member jackadam is on a distinguished road jackadam's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-02-2018 04:57 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Would you write a college paper on an anime?

If I had to do something on symbolism, I'd write about revolutionary girl utena. I've not done a college paper on an anime before, I did once about the differences in western animation and anime.

I have written 2 college papers on my little pony. Including one examining the sociological aspects of Equestria Girls. And another comparing it with Lord of the Rings

Believe it or not I got a good grade
    read more: ringtones downloads for mobile
    Last edited by jackadam; 05-06-2017 at 03:53 AM.

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

Default Re: Would you write a college paper on an anime?

Yup, definitely. Back in college, I wrote at least one paper on Star Trek, and one on anime.

Junior Member Tchailenova is on a distinguished road Tchailenova's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2017 11:02 PM
    Threads

Oh absolutely! I wrote a paper on Star Trek (making that relevant was a little challenging, but the prof loved my perspective and I got a good grade, so W/E), and one on 'Seven Samurai' (note: not 'Samurai 7' the popular anime remake of the b&w classic) and got a good grade on that one too.

It's all about relevancy to your prompt. I'm pretty sure, as an English Major, anything can be made relevant to any prompt, but I do advise caution. Most profs prefer you to stay within the course's scope, either writing with references made only to literature covered in the class or in the same field, as in they won't want you to make 'Frankenstein' one of your sources if the course is about 'Early British Lit'. But on the other hand, if the prompt calls for sources outside the course's materials/scope then (if you can make it relevant), the world is your oyster!

Personally, I would love to see a paper drawing comparisons between 'Code:Geass' and '1984' or something like that. Code:Geass isn't quite full-blown 1984, but i feel like it's in a precursor stage. I'd love to see things about 'where Code:Geass's world could have gone had it ended differently, and the comparisons between that world and 1984' and 'because of the ending, there's a divergence away from the 1984-world-type, therefore, look at the subversions of that [speaking of 1984] trope/trope's intent'
    Just - all of the things and comparisons and analysis and yes. all of that, please XD

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    Threads

I literally wrote and published a book or two on the subject.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Junior Member plasmarain21 is on a distinguished road plasmarain21's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-02-2020 08:53 AM
    Threads

I would write on anime as a medium for story-telling

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information