AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 Anime NOT Suited for Children

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Exclamation Top 5 Anime NOT Suited for Children

Here is my list of the Top Five Anime NOT Suited for Children. Note I am only listing those I have seen in their entirety. I know When They Cry is pretty bloody and would mess up the mind of any child, but I have only seen a few scenes and have yet to watch the entire series.

So let me give my countdown of anime I am familiar with, in reverse order of inappropriateness.

5. Black Lagoon. But doesn’t this series have those adorable twins Hansel and Gretel? Oh wait. They are gender bending homicidal killers. Forget them and let’s talk about Revy, who has a hot body, smokes like a chimney, uses language which would offend Joe Pesci, and kills at a moment’s notice. Can you imagine a child going to bed dreaming about Revy?

4. Monster. This is one of my favorite mind-f*** anime series. But I would not show a mind-f*** anything to a kid. It is all about a doctor unjustly suspected of murder who hunts down the real killer – a charming young psycho who can get others to do his dirty work for him. There are a lot of sickos in this series.

3. Mouse. Here we go with the lighter fare. By day, Sorata is a mousey assistant art teacher at an all-girl high school, where he is constantly beleaguered by female faculty members Mei, Yayoi, and Hazuki. But at night, Sorata becomes Mouse, the master thief who boasts he can steal anything. And the ladies become his ever faithful servants who will obey any order and fulfil any need without question. And I mean every need, even if Sorata does not request or want it. There is lots of nudity and sexual situations – to put it mildly.

2. Stepped Up Love Story. A short series about a man and woman in their late 20’s who marry as virgins knowing next to nothing about sex. They do learn though with the help of friends and eventually become mentors to younger couples. Any fan service here? Hell yes! This is pretty close to soft core hentai. But it is still a sweet story.

1. Elfin Lied. Back to the dark side. Is there any question about this one? If you think the detailed nudity is no problem, there is the subject of pedophilia. If that is not enough, there is bloody violence throughout, including acts of violence by and against children. This may be much for a few adults let alone the kids.

Your choices? They don’t just have to be series. Movies are OK as well. But let’s stay away from the obvious hard core hentai. That is just too easy.
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 03-17-2017 at 04:56 PM.

2. Likes RunnerNoah liked this post
    Member RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah's Avatar
    Gil
    Question
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 10:16 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Top 5 Anime NOT Suited for Children

This list is not numbered from least to greatest. I am listing animes I do remember watching in the past.

1. High School DxD. I love the dragon fight scene with the white dragon! I never finished watching it because my mind was running wild after watching that show.

2. Rosario + Vampire. I love the series. I always laughed at Shirayuki Mizore on stalking the boy. LOL

3. The Seven Deadly Sins. I love the fight scene with Ban and Meliodas. It was amazing!

I don't watch ecchi and harem shows anymore expect recently the second season of 'The Seven Deadly Sin' because curiosity on what it is about. I couldn't help myself even thought it is more of Meliodas always underneath Elizabeth Liones. I can't remember other ecchi and harem types of anime I watched. I am not writing details on each anime series because I believe the genre ecchi and harem explains it all. I did write some positives things about the anime because I don't want to say it is all bad but at the end of the series. I come out wondering why do I have so much excitement. LOL

Look over there ---> Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Hyundai Coupe Mario Bowser Shell Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2022 04:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: PrinnyBombed

Not in order...

1. Angel Cop
    2. M.D. Geist
    3. Ghost in the Shell
    4. Berserk
    5. RIN - Daughters of Mnemosyne

Junior Member Wings and scales is on a distinguished road Wings and scales's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-19-2017 03:04 AM
    Threads

No particular order:
    1. Blood C
    2. Parasyte
    3. School days (ending was messed up AF)
    4. Psycho Pass
    5. Vampire Hunter D

TAWIM's KinKiEst buddy :3 Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2017 09:39 AM
    Threads

Wink Re: Top 5 Anime NOT Suited for Children

Not necessarily in order:

1) Shoujo Tsubaki / Mr. Arashi's Amazing Freak Show.
    The tale of a young girl named Midori who ends up destitute when her mother dies and joins a travelling freak show. Deeply harrowing tale of the ugliness of humanity. Rife with despair & madness. Tragic in every sense of the word and almost completely irredeemably depressing right until the end.

Note: Adapted from a beautifully illustrated manga by Suehiro Maruo. Animated by a lone man all on his own over five years at the expense of his life savings. Seriously, talk about dedication. There's a documentary interview with the animator in question out there somewhere.

2) Violence Jack - OVA Series.
    Post-apocalyptic downward spiral of rape, excessively violent gore and more rape. Humongous antiheroic brute, almost an embodiment of a force of nature as opposed to an ordinary man, dispenses summary justice on wicked biker punks with a giant jacknife.

Note: Adapted as three OVA's from a manga by Go Nagai, who pissed off a lot of Japanese parents back in the day since his manga were aimed at/read by children and mostly all of them were steeped in sex, violence and crude humour. Infamously unpopular with schoolteachers & the PTA.

3) Devilman OVA - The Birth & Demon Bird.
    Japanese schoolboy Akira Fudo participates in a satanic underground ritual sabbath and successfully fuses with a demon named Amon. Constantly at odds with the forces of Hell, he rips apart and butchers the demons in his way with the ultimate goal of overthrowing Satan.

Note: This is another Go Nagai manga adaptation. This OVA could be considered a reboot, since Devilman was adapted as a superhero "Monster of the Week" anime aimed at children in the early 1970's. The original manga, and this particular OVA release from the late 80's, were much more violent/sexual in terms of content.

4) Mad Bull 34 - OVA Series.
    Half Japanese, Half American Cop named Daizaburo joins New York's "Toughest" 34th Police Precinct. He's partnered with a hulking giant who is nicknamed Sleepy, but better known as "Mad Bull." Sleepy shoots and dismembers first & asks questions later, much to the chagrin of his more levelheaded partner.

Note: This is basically a Japanese OTT representation of life as a New York Beat Cop. Lots of sex, violence and gore peppered with debauched dialogue and smutty humour. Most problems are solved by the protagonists via indiscriminately blowing criminal's heads off with a shotgun blast or a magnum bullet.

5) Fist of the North Star - 1986 Anime Movie.
    Extremely violent post-apocalyptic tale inspired by Mad Max/The Road Warrior. Kenshiro, the successor of an acupressure based martial art known as Hokuto Shinken, searches for his kidnapped fiancee amidst the tumultuous & vicious barren wastelands of an irradiated Earth.

Note: In a nutshell, Kenshiro strikes the "pressure-points" of mohawked bandits and they usually explode into a shower of brain matter and/or internal organs. Amusingly, this was deemed suitable for children in both the original manga release and a television anime series popular during the 1980's, but this 1986 animated movie was edited using colour filters to disguise the more horrific full-body explosions that occurred on-screen.

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Not necessarily that worst, but here's 5 that have yet to be mentioned...

1. High School of the Dead
    2. Tokyo Ghoul
    3. Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-chan
    4. Another
    5. Attack on Titan

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

I can think of a few I wouldm't show to qa kid cause they sucked, but nothing else comes to mind

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by RunnerNoah View Post
    3. The Seven Deadly Sins. I love the fight scene with Ban and Meliodas. It was amazing!

I don't watch ecchi and harem shows anymore expect recently the second season of 'The Seven Deadly Sin' because curiosity on what it is about. I couldn't help myself even thought it is more of Meliodas always underneath Elizabeth Liones. I can't remember other ecchi and harem types of anime I watched. I am not writing details on each anime series because I believe the genre ecchi and harem explains it all. I did write some positives things about the anime because I don't want to say it is all bad but at the end of the series. I come out wondering why do I have so much excitement. LOL
    I have only watched the first season and was not so enthralled that I care to watch season 2. Sure there are some scenes I would not show to a kid, but overall it was pretty mild compared to other series.

Quote Originally Posted by Immoral View Post
    5. RIN - Daughters of Mnemosyne
    Is there a problem with green-haired, alcoholic, near-sighted lesbians?

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Valentine View Post
    Not necessarily in order:

1) Shoujo Tsubaki / Mr. Arashi's Amazing Freak Show.
    The tale of a young girl named Midori who ends up destitute when her mother dies and joins a travelling freak show. Deeply harrowing tale of the ugliness of humanity. Rife with despair & madness. Tragic in every sense of the word and almost completely irredeemably depressing right until the end.

Note: Adapted from a beautifully illustrated manga by Suehiro Maruo. Animated by a lone man all on his own over five years at the expense of his life savings. Seriously, talk about dedication. There's a documentary interview with the animator in question out there somewhere.
    I don't know it, but it sounds interesting. I will have to keep an eye out for it. What year was it produced?
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 03-18-2017 at 07:38 PM.

TAWIM's KinKiEst buddy :3 Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2017 09:39 AM
    Threads

Talking Re: Top 5 Anime NOT Suited for Children

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    I don't know it, but it sounds interesting. I will have to keep an eye out for it. What year was it produced?

It was actually banned at some point and is also considered "lost" in it's original form.

There's further information here.

Junior Member Wings and scales is on a distinguished road Wings and scales's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jasanime View Post
    Not necessarily that worst, but here's 5 that have yet to be mentioned...

1. High School of the Dead
    2. Tokyo Ghoul
    3. Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-chan
    4. Another
    5. Attack on Titan
    I wouldn't really say Attack on titan or Tokyo ghoul in my case. My 5 year old cousin happened to be watching it with me and she was fine... I guess. But in general.. yes
    Last edited by Wings and scales; 03-18-2017 at 08:20 PM.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Tokyo Ghoul starts a run on Adult Swim/Toonami next week.

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wings and scales View Post
    I wouldn't really say Attack on titan or Tokyo ghoul in my case. My 5 year old cousin happened to be watching it with me and she was fine... I guess. But in general.. yes
    AOT gave me nightmares for 4 months and I dropped Tokyo Ghoul because the torture scenes were too much. Both have MA15+ ratings. I personally would not show them to children.

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

AOT gave me nightmares for 4 months and I dropped Tokyo Ghoul because the torture scenes were too much. Both have MA15+ ratings. I personally would not show them to children.
    Yea I get what you mean. Technically I was watching them on the TV and she walked in at the scenes that weren't so bad. She then sat down for a few minutes and left. She did find the titans scary but she didn't have any nightmares because she didn't watch much.
    (AOT gave me nightmares but Tokyo ghoul didn't)
    Last edited by Wings and scales; 03-19-2017 at 03:09 AM.

15. Likes Jasanime liked this post
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I wonder if AS/Toonami will edit Tokyo Ghoul. If you are familiar with the series, give it a look and let us know.

Member RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah's Avatar
    Gil
    Question
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=PictureGuy;2894210] - "I have only watched the first season and was not so enthralled that I care to watch season 2. Sure there are some scenes I would not show to a kid, but overall it was pretty mild compared to other series."

Okay and I am watching Tokyo Raven. Decent anime. There was this anime I saw on Netflix called Durarara!! I didn't like it. I would like your opinion or review on it.
    Last edited by RunnerNoah; 03-20-2017 at 05:36 PM.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I loved Durarara! But I lost interest halfway through the second season.... I totally ship Izaya x Shizuo

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

[QUOTE=RunnerNoah;2894255]
    Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    There was this anime I saw on Netflix called Durarara!! I didn't like it. I would like your opinion or review on it.
    It's a great series. I reviewed the first and second seasons of DurararaX2 separately on this site. Look for them under the review section.

I loved Durarara! But I lost interest halfway through the second season.... I totally ship Izaya x Shizuo
    You missed their final battle then. Go back and watch the rest!

Gil
    Question
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=PictureGuy;2894259]
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnerNoah View Post

It's a great series. I reviewed the first and second seasons of DurararaX2 separately on this site. Look for them under the review section.
    Because you and Jasanime like it, I will give it a try again.
    Last edited by RunnerNoah; 03-20-2017 at 05:41 PM.

21. Likes Jasanime liked this post
    Member Skywalker1982 is on a distinguished road Skywalker1982's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-01-2017 05:12 AM
    Threads

What about Akira, Wicked City, Ninja Scroll, Urotsukidoji, Vampire Hunter D 1 & 2 etc.?

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker1982 View Post
    What about Akira, Wicked City, Ninja Scroll, Urotsukidoji, Vampire Hunter D 1 & 2 etc.?
    It has been a while. Akira was certainly not made for kids. Vampire Hunter D the same. I have not seen the other two. Someone started a thread on Wicked City.
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 04-15-2017 at 08:25 PM.

Senior Member Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2019 04:46 PM
    Threads

I would add one...Aki Sora, which showed incest between a brother and sister. Yet, if you ge away from hentai, maybe Agame Ga Kill.
    Last edited by Peppermint Hearts; 05-15-2017 at 03:18 PM.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Peppermint Hearts View Post
    Yet, if you ge away from hentai, maybe Agame Ga Kill.
    What child does not love the image of an impaled severed head?

Right. Keep the little ones away from that one.

Good series. Lousy ending.

Junior Member _Ako_ is an unknown quantity at this point _Ako_'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2017 06:09 PM
    Threads

So... OP... What do you want me to do with that?

Do you want me to eat those?

27. Dislikes PictureGuy disliked this post
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by _Ako_ View Post
    So... OP... What do you want me to do with that?

Do you want me to eat those?
    From reading your other postings, I figured you would soon get the munchies.

Senior Member Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2019 05:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

There was a lot of titles already covered, but I would like to add hellsing ultimate. So violent and gory but so awsome, but not awesome for kids.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information